New Forum - Food & Lodging Forum

Domino

#5 - The Ahmic Lake Resort Restaurant in the Parry Sound are (best Schnitzel)

Agreed. I'll never forget the schnitzel feast at Ahmic Lake! YUM! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

As I will never forget the ride back to Ahmic Lake a few days later :puke::puke::puke:

Rookie.... :P

Rocker :wavey:

Agreed. I'll never forget the schnitzel feast at Ahmic Lake! YUM! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

As I will never forget the ride back to Ahmic Lake a few days later :puke::puke::puke:

HAHAHA: I almost forgot Sammy, that was your fault! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

HAHAHA: I almost forgot Sammy, that was your fault! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

And your fault too for waking me up 2 hours after I went to bed for a 300+ km flight home through northern Ontario.... One the bright side, I dropped Sammy the first night in Bracebridge :woot:

The Ahmic Lake Resort Restaurant Schnitzel. Photo compliments of 14Snow. January 2005, just prior to the first OC.Com "SnowDust to Sydneys" Event.

SV300042.jpg

This looks like breaded pork cutlet to me.......

Hey Slomo.. That is the King of the Schnitzels, a Cordon Bleu!!!!!! I was there when that picture was taken, I think it might have been mine... The ride back after that was an experience.. -45C and it like snowmobiling on the dark side of the moon..

While you there make sure you tell eveyone that The Bird is the Word!!!!!

Casey's is not bad. The wings are decent!

:P

The spinach salad with shrimp is better! :P

Casey's is not bad. The wings are decent!

:P

The spinach salad with shrimp is better! :P

As a Canuck living in Buffalo I am of the opinion that once you have had the real thing there is no such thing as decent but for some reason I still try them where ever I go :wtf:

• 1 year later...
If you are sledding in the Parry Sound area, head southwest to H and H Restaurant on Lake Kapigog.

C Trail.

Try the shnitzel.

Sorry, but we had the shnitzel on Sunday and I was not impressed...about 3 oz., dried out, on a small bun, fries were very basic. Beer was good though. (one)

Don't shoot the messenger, forums have to cover both sides.

If you are sledding in the Parry Sound area, head southwest to H and H Restaurant on Lake Kapigog.

C Trail.

Try the shnitzel.

Sorry, but we had the shnitzel on Sunday and I was not impressed...about 3 oz., dried out, on a small bun, fries were very basic. Beer was good though. (one)

Don't shoot the messenger, forums have to cover both sides.

Everybody can have a bad day I have sent hundreds there . Sorry they failed you did you mention it to them ?

C Trail.

Try the shnitzel.

They also have some really nice German beers - try the "cloudy" one!

• 1 year later...

In Bonfield stay at Dinner Bell and eat at the restaurant. Good food. Not real fast but all made as ordered. Nothing is prepared ahead. Right on Trail BF201. $70 a night and very clean and right on HWY 17 and 531.

Marten River=Pine Valley has good food, gas and accomodations (never stayed there) but I have ate there often.

Eat at the TemRose in Quebec off trail A102Q from North Bay. Very good food, good service and nice atmosphere.

North Bay-Don Cherrys right by the travel lodge off trail NB711. :right_on:

Archived