Todays Ride

stoney

Ran from senneterre to chiboug today, about 370km. 
yes snow is on the lower side, but a fantastic ride with no complaints. 
passed/saw 3 to 4 groups on the trails. 
just a few pictures from the day. 

IMG_4790.jpeg

IMG_4785.jpeg

IMG_4784.jpeg

• Like 13

Looks awesome!

• Like 1

No pictures, but ran from chiboug to lac st Jean, only trails that were real thin were the ones about 50 km outside of LSJ, this area needs some snow!
usually no issues running down the sidewalk full of snow to get gas, this year, it’s bare. 
parking lot at hotel is bare also. 
Rest of trail was great.

Around 290km. 

Hoping as we head south west tomorrow, they have more snow. 

• Like 6

425 on the clock today from hotel jardin to kanawata.

First part of trail enroute to relais22 was rough  but remainder was mint. 
trail out of wemotaci should be closed, horrible stretch, than 30 or so km of logging, than mint. 

IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4802.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

That looks great, thank you for some inside info!  A group of will be heading there coming Saturday for 8 days!  We will try to stay out of alma st Jean areas.  We may head north of lac st Jean through valin around  tudussac to saugaunay then down Mt apical and stay at la tuque.  I hope they get snow, but does not look promising.

• Like 1

Kanawata to clova, around 255. 
83 to parent was good. 
83 closer to clova had some thin sections, especially the area that had forest fires this past summer from I assume combination of logging now going on and lack of wind protection with so many trees burnt up….quite a bit of damage caused by the fires. 
A few pictures, beauty day with the bright sun and cold. 

IMG_4810.jpeg

IMG_4809.jpeg

IMG_4808.jpeg

• Like 11

I had an appointment with a customer this morning. I couldn’t get way until the afternoon. The couple buddies I called were busy so I went alone.

Rode from Orangeville up the railbed to Markdale. Did a side loop on the Durham side trails and then back down the railbed. I followed a guy on an old F Cat coming back and I wish I’d stopped to chat when he pulled off the trail. We ran the same pace and blew by the same ignorant groups who refused to let us by. :icon_clapclap:

Everything south of Shelburne should be closed. 
Good snow once you get above Dundalk.

i rode the Mach Z. Are you proud of me Stoney? :cheers:

IMG_7388.jpeg

IMG_7391.jpeg

IMG_7392.jpeg

IMG_7395.jpeg

IMG_7394.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I had an appointment with a customer this morning. I couldn’t get way until the afternoon. The couple buddies I called were busy so I went alone.

Rode from Orangeville up the railbed to Markdale. Did a side loop on the Durham side trails and then back down the railbed. I followed a guy on an old F Cat coming back and I wish I’d stopped to chat when he pulled off the trail. We ran the same pace and blew by the same ignorant groups who refused to let us by. :icon_clapclap:

Everything south of Shelburne should be closed. 
Good snow once you get above Dundalk.

i rode the Mach Z. Are you proud of me Stoney? :cheers:

IMG_7388.jpeg

IMG_7391.jpeg

IMG_7392.jpeg

IMG_7395.jpeg

IMG_7394.jpeg

Lol, nice to have choices!!

talking about passing people….we caught up to some slower groups and they all wave us by when safe to do so. 
I actually commented how this sadly doesn’t happen often in Ontario. 

great to get out, seems like more seat time for you this year!

• Like 3

Parked in beautiful downtown Durham around 230pm and took the trail west then turned north over the top of Durham to the railbed, south to the B111 and back to the trailer for 120 km afternoon. Road run sections were mostly solid and there was a bit of snow to run on at the sides which was surprising. Trails on the west side and up to the railbed were groomed last night. So was the railbed but it was getting hard to tell, lots of traffic. Klondyke had groomed their section of the B111 and it was good but no grooming on the Durham side and it was completely bombed out garbage.  

Only pictures of the good stuff…….lol

The bad was bad. Some of the sections should be closed but I’m sure tomorrow will do them all in.

IMG_7406.jpeg

IMG_7405.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_7402.jpeg

IMG_7403.jpeg

IMG_7401.jpeg

• Like 11

Last run for us in QC from clova to senneterre, 275 km.

Trail 83 was great most of the way, one small stretch that was thin and some clanging of rocks, closer to senneterre.

It was a great trip and odd how running almost the same route a year ago feels so different and not the same….i enjoyed the run into and out of chiboug a lot more this time. 

IMG_4816.jpeg

IMG_4815.jpeg

IMG_4814.jpeg

IMG_4813.jpeg

IMG_4812.jpeg

• Like 6

So jealous everyone.

Even the crap that is thin an brown looks amazing.

Glad you're all out riding.

Some pics from last couple days. Lots of new snow but mild and not a huge base like usual. I’m betting the sunny days of march will be hard on trails. Get out while you can and enjoy it. 

IMG_5176.jpeg

73004617298__3F238F63-359D-4DC4-A69B-547979C26729.jpeg

IMG_5173.jpeg

IMG_5174.jpeg

IMG_5181.jpeg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

So jealous everyone.

Even the crap that is thin an brown looks amazing.

Glad you're all out riding.

We were expecting much worse conditions and a lot more traffic given the current Ontario, and US conditions - but it was 90+ percent great and not overly busy. 

• Like 1