Be Safe on the trails

Jason T

Not sure what happened. It's part of a trail the club I volunteer for does. The trail was packed, etc but was not open yet. I do not know if it would of made a difference being open or not. 

Just please be careful on the trails. 7-8 of us were cutting more trees off trails all day Saturday. With the amount of trees on the sides of trails, there are a lot of hazards just off the groomed portion of some areas.

https://www.sudbury.com/police/sudbury-man-killed-in-single-snowmobile-collision-2015650

18 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Not sure what happened. It's part of a trail the club I volunteer for does. The trail was packed, etc but was not open yet. I do not know if it would of made a difference being open or not. 

Just please be careful on the trails. 7-8 of us were cutting more trees off trails all day Saturday. With the amount of trees on the sides of trails, there are a lot of hazards just off the groomed portion of some areas.

https://www.sudbury.com/police/sudbury-man-killed-in-single-snowmobile-collision-2015650

GSPS Staff Sgt. Peter Orsino said the deceased is believed to have been travelling at the tail-end of a large group at the time of the crash. 

These trails are part of the Sudbury trail system he said, and as such, are regularly groomed for public use.     ??????????????????

• Sad 1

We had to reluctantly move our sleds on Saturday (closed trail) so that people out riding could go around us in the opposite direction.. the only good thing is we thought since they got through, there must not be as many trees down in the direction we were going... :wacko:

Edited by Jason T
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jason T said:

We had to reluctantly move our sleds on Saturday (closed trail) so that people out riding could go around us in the opposite direction.. the only good thing is we thought since they got through, there must not be as many trees down in the direction we were going... :wacko:

Wow. :banghead:..

7 hours ago, Jason T said:

I assume you were out clearing trees for the club.

45 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I assume you were out clearing trees for the club.

Yes, a few trees...LOL:blink: There was a good crew of about 8 of us. Didn't make it to where we wanted, but getting close. Was the clubs second attempt, the third one should be success! (I hope..) 

IMG_20200111_123555.jpg

IMG_20200111_112416.jpg

IMG_20200111_110110.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Yes, a few trees...LOL:blink: There was a good crew of about 8 of us. Didn't make it to where we wanted, but getting close. Was the clubs second attempt, the third one should be success! (I hope..) 

IMG_20200111_123555.jpg

IMG_20200111_112416.jpg

IMG_20200111_110110.jpg

wow.... on behalf of sled heads everywhere... thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heart attack?

Had that happen here this summer.

Fella I know died at the wheel of his motor home.

Was having chest pains and was trying to make it home.

I'm sure that his wife's last minute or two was a lot rougher than his!

Kind'a rough on the kids tho. (both over 50)

Edited by Ox

9 hours ago, Jason T said:

I'm sure it was better going after that, they cleaned up the trees as they came through....... right?

Yeah....... NO, didn't think so.

Been there. A-holes come same as you had, and without a pass to boot.

Edited by Crow