New to snowmobiling, Best place for clothing, etc.?

Conski

Hello all! I am looking to purchase boots, bodysuit & gloves. Asking for input on where the best place is to purchase local or online? Also any recommendations for a new guy here on products economically priced?

Welcome to the forum!

I see you are in the Gravenhurst area. Just up highway 11 Wildbill who is a member and sponsor on here, he has a new store thats opened up. He is very reasonable and has a good selection of anything you need to snowmobile. Here is a link to his website, he will probably chime in if you are interested in going to one of his two locations. Great family business that alot of us here use and support. 

http://rosseauroad.ca/

http://rosseau-rd.shoplightspeed.com/

Edited by Yukon Cornelious
Added info
  • Like 2

If on a budget Kijiji is your best bet.  Find some good FXR gear used.  Octane or Team series snow suits that fit you.  Buy boots, gloves and your helmet new.  You want to know the history of a helmet and don't want cold feet or gloves.  Dont cheap out on these three items.  Royal Distributing is where most buy, but there are lots of good options (dealers mainly). Don't buy anything from Canadian Tire.  You will be disappointed and cold if you buy the lines they offer.

• Like 1

In Bracebridge there is Bracebridge Yamaha , I find the Yamaha line of cloths to be well priced , well made and warm. If your like me warmth is important , more then having matching sled and clothing brandin  is nice but I ride a ski-doo but have Yamaha branded cloths, this drives some people crazy especially the local ski-doo dealer. But check out Rosseau Powersports.

3 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Welcome to the forum!

I see you are in the Gravenhurst area. Just up highway 11 Wildbill who is a member and sponsor on here, he has a new store thats opened up. He is very reasonable and has a good selection of anything you need to snowmobile. Here is a link to his website, he will probably chime in if you are interested in going to one of his two locations. Great family business that alot of us here use and support. 

http://rosseauroad.ca/

http://rosseau-rd.shoplightspeed.com/

I'll echo what Yukon said... snowmobilers also like to support those that support our sport. Bill and his entire family are very active volunteers with their snowmobile club. He has always taken great care of my needs. I make the trip from Toronto to Parry Sound for Wild Bill and Rosseau Rd. It's worth it. He can also service your sleds for you.

• Thanks 1

Awesome thanks for the feedback! I will check out Rousseau for sure, only about 20 mins away , how convenient! 

• Thanks 1

I bought an expensive klim this year, tried it today, very, very warm.

• Like 1

Suits need to be tried on, no way would ever just buy it online.

follow Yukons advice 

Yes to Rosseau Roads Powersports and Marine in Port Sydney.

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

Yes to Rosseau Roads Powersports and Marine in Port Sydney.

If you go to Port Sydney introduce yourself to John... Bill's son. He's running that site. Great guy and usually has some pretty good jokes too.  If you end up at the Parry Sound location you'll meet Jennifer, Bills wife, Courtney his daughter and Bill himself. Great family, great people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

If you go to Port Sydney introduce yourself to John... Bill's son. He's running that site. Great guy and usually has some pretty good jokes too.  If you end up at the Parry Sound location you'll meet Jennifer, Bills wife, Courtney his daughter and Bill himself. Great family, great people.

No Bruce?  Spencer ( hope he's still good)?

I own about 5 or 6 suites from Bill and I have never felt cold in any regardless of how cold it gets with just a t-shirt and jeans as my base layer.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No Bruce?  Spencer ( hope he's still good)?

I own about 5 or 6 suites from Bill and I have never felt cold in any regardless of how cold it gets with just a t-shirt and jeans as my base layer.

Yes Bruce too but he's still young to be working the shop although I've been told he has been helping a bit