Sitting in Dubreuilville where is everybody

Drove up today snow looks good trail to hornpayne will be posted open Tuesday but is good to go groomer did it last night heading to Hearst tomorrow 

stayed home this weekend, rode xmas, and new years weekends up there. be safe, have fun. say hi to Big Reg, Pat at the hotel, and Luc, for us. Ski

I'm at home thinking about this Thursday when I will be heading up to Ontario to ride. 

Rode out to the warmup shack yesterday, trails are awesome , enjoy. !

3 hours ago, 1049 said:

Drove up today snow looks good trail to hornpayne will be posted open Tuesday but is good to go groomer did it last night heading to Hearst tomorrow 

Have an eye, a couple of the creek crossings north of the Kaby are going to be rough.  Where the trail meets the haul road may or may not be posted with stop signs (reason for delay in trail being posted open) but the road is VERY active.  Most of the trail is in good shape but some brush in spots.  North of Hornepayne should be in great shape, was good a week ago and has been groomed since.  

Thanks Matt. Great info.

There was a discussion some time ago about how the Red - Yellow - Green was implemented because  terms such as (for example)  "closed at  the purple shack" had lititle meaning to non-locals.  I liked the old way  - written information is best .  Thanks again matt17.

"Have an eye, a couple of the creek crossings north of the Kaby are going to be rough.  Where the trail meets the haul road may or may not be posted with stop signs (reason for delay in trail being posted open) but the road is VERY active" 

Thanks Matt

43 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Thanks Matt. Great info.

There was a discussion some time ago about how the Red - Yellow - Green was implemented because  terms such as (for example)  "closed at  the purple shack" had lititle meaning to non-locals.  I liked the old way  - written information is best .  Thanks again matt17.

"Have an eye, a couple of the creek crossings north of the Kaby are going to be rough.  Where the trail meets the haul road may or may not be posted with stop signs (reason for delay in trail being posted open) but the road is VERY active" 

Take a left at swan lake, watch for the rock around the corner from Uncle Stuckeys outhouse just before the Big tree... When you come to the stop sign lift your visor and look for the white directional arrow pointing towards the log cabin. Don't go that Way, the arrow was stolen by cousin Bob's nephew... He's a lawyer....

20 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Take a left at swan lake, watch for the rock around the corner from Uncle Stuckeys outhouse just before the Big tree... When you come to the stop sign lift your visor and look for the white directional arrow pointing towards the log cabin. Don't go that Way, the arrow was stolen by cousin Bob's nephew... He's a lawyer....

Hey.... Uncle Stuckeys outhouse is still there? I haven't been on that trail in a long time 

15 hours ago, matt17 said:

Have an eye, a couple of the creek crossings north of the Kaby are going to be rough.  Where the trail meets the haul road may or may not be posted with stop signs (reason for delay in trail being posted open) but the road is VERY active.  Most of the trail is in good shape but some brush in spots.  North of Hornepayne should be in great shape, was good a week ago and has been groomed since.  

Hey Matt made it to hornpayne a little rough but not bad thanks for the heads up

Made it to Hearst lots of snow up here trails are fantastic get up here

4 hours ago, 1049 said:

Made it to Hearst lots of snow up here trails are fantastic get up here

Welcome !  Beware the L155 is showing Available, I'm told the groomer hasn't touched it yet ... not confirmed by myself, but from a good source.  The L163 or Fushimi loop (now showing yellow on the ITG) isn't actually available at this time ... 

Thanks Denis headin to Cochrane tomorrow then canyon on Wednesday and back to Hearst this is the first time up here for my wife I want to show her a much as possible 

You might be lucky and get to ride both sides of the canyon , SRF & Polar bear riders working hard to get it open. 

Looks like a good snow year for the North. I am hoping it holds until second or third week of April :) 

19 hours ago, Denis007 said:

You might be lucky and get to ride both sides of the canyon , SRF & Polar bear riders working hard to get it open. 

In Cochrane now looks like the east side to the canyon will not open till Friday we will just run the west side up and back then back to Hearst that will a big enough day anyhow 

1049, we are up here now, arrive late Friday night. I believe I saw you fueling you, and the wifes sleds this am. not sure if you are in town still. I rode the snowbike to the car wash to get the salt from the ride up in the back of the truck. I saw Pat, had his out too. sorry we missed you. Ski

Hey ski I see you got in last night we are still here at the motel leaving in the morning 

if you head from the hotel, to the gas station, we are #10 on your left. drive safe, on the way home. Ski

Hey Ski just got back to the sunny south unfortunately I stayed at your house two years ago when Nicole owned it sorry we missed you we will be back up in 3 or 4 weeks maybe we can meet up then

Archived