Asseltine's or McGregor's?

PortAvenger

I am looking at buying a new Viper and having never owned a Yamaha, I am not familiar with the dealership's.

If anyone has advice, comments or reviews regarding Asseltine's or McGregor's, I would appreciate your input?

an aquantance of mine bought a 2016 apex and had the optional ice ripper installed at mcgregor

when we got to cochrane we noticed the track wasnt sitting on the upper idlers properly

he took it to the dealer in cochrane

the suspension was put in wrong causing the idler wheel to fail as well as the chaincase was leaking and the chain tension boly had backed all the way out

mcgregor paid for the repaie but it still cost us 8 hrs of riding time

the sled had 200 klms on it

poor quality work i m o

Fenelon Falls marina sell's Yamaha also,that's where i bought my two apex's.

an aquantance of mine bought a 2016 apex and had the optional ice ripper installed at mcgregor

when we got to cochrane we noticed the track wasnt sitting on the upper idlers properly

he took it to the dealer in cochrane

the suspension was put in wrong causing the idler wheel to fail as well as the chaincase was leaking and the chain tension boly had backed all the way out

mcgregor paid for the repaie but it still cost us 8 hrs of riding time

the sled had 200 klms on it

poor quality work i m o

Everyone has a bad day, once in awhile. Stuff does happen and someone should have checked the sled, before it got to the customer. I have gotten into a habitat of giving my stuff a quick once over before I throw it in the trailer. Can catch obvious things.

Everyone has a bad day, once in awhile. Stuff does happen and someone should have checked the sled, before it got to the customer. I have gotten into a habitat of giving my stuff a quick once over before I throw it in the trailer. Can catch obvious things.

I have always maintained no matter what business you're in and no matter how hard you try... things will go wrong. It's what you do to make it right that makes the difference.

If the dealer goes above and beyond to make it right you can't really fault them.

I have always maintained no matter what business you're in and no matter how hard you try... things will go wrong. It's what you do to make it right that makes the difference.

If the dealer goes above and beyond to make it right you can't really fault them.

i agree

and like i said the dealer paid for the repairs

still cost time and money to rectify

I have not dealt with either of those dealers so can't comment on that.

I have been extremely happy with Blue Beacon in Orillia.  The servicing of the sled is top notch and it is the little extras that make it worth my while.  Things like being able to drop my trailer there after hours. I then call the next morning to let them know what I need.  They unload the sled, do what is required and call when it is ready.  I can give them a CC over the phone and pick my trailer up at night.  Sled is already loaded and clamped down ready to go.  Very secure lot as the owner and his parents both live on the property.

If I ever have any questions when I am doing something on the sled, I can call and speak to the service manager and he will offer real advice. 

I have not dealt with either of those dealers so can't comment on that.

I have been extremely happy with Blue Beacon in Orillia.  The servicing of the sled is top notch and it is the little extras that make it worth my while.  Things like being able to drop my trailer there after hours. I then call the next morning to let them know what I need.  They unload the sled, do what is required and call when it is ready.  I can give them a CC over the phone and pick my trailer up at night.  Sled is already loaded and clamped down ready to go.  Very secure lot as the owner and his parents both live on the property.

If I ever have any questions when I am doing something on the sled, I can call and speak to the service manager and he will offer real advice. 

You nailed one of the most important things. The service and care you get after they have your money for the sled sale. For me, once you find someone you can trust to only do the work you need at a fair price to you and to them in a timely manner you have it made. Too many ignore you once they make the sale and seem to overlook the opportunity to have a loyal customer keep coming back for service.

The two guys that I knew in Durham that rode Yammis dealt w/ Asselstine's. They never ran around shopping for a better price so I'm assuming they were happy w/ the service.

i agree

and like i said the dealer paid for the repairs

still cost time and money to rectify

I carry a track stand with me. I put sled on it and run it and check obvious things. Have caught alignment being out of whack and technician, fixed it before I put it in trailer. Shouldn't have to, but only takes a few Mins of my time. At least they owned up to it. Thank-you for sharing your insight, it is helpful.

Bought my 13 Apex XTX from McGregor's and they were fantastic to deal with. Not only did they give me a great price, they studded it for basically the cost of the studs, beefed up the tunnel protectors to protect the EXUP at no charge and threw in some Yamaha swag (hats and stuff) for my wife and I when we went to pick it up. Could not be happier with the customer service.

So this year when my buddy asks me where to go to find a new Viper, I sent him to McGregor's based on my experience. He was thrilled with the way they treated him through the whole process. Can't say enough good things about them and I would go back in a heartbeat for my next sled........Sidewinder???

been using mcgregors for years cant say I have had any real issues with there service, they put in y last track no issues in 4 k with it other than yearly checking.

as for pricing they always seem to have the best prices on current sleds it's at least worth a look

and the price is the price no a pile of add ons

I contacted my friend today about his 2 Yamaha ATVs. Contrary to what I thought both of them were used, he hadn't bought either new. He did say though that if he was buying new he'd have no problem dealing w/ Asselstines.

I am looking at buying a new Viper and having never owned a Yamaha, I am not familiar with the dealership's.

If anyone has advice, comments or reviews regarding Asseltine's or McGregor's, I would appreciate your input?

Asseltine's is awesome - ask for Dustin. Treated me very well several times

I have bought 4 yamahas from mgregors sportsline and have been treated very well,and had great service and after the sneak peak in barrie tomorrow will probly be buying a new sidewinder from them as well..... :D  :rolleyes:

I've bought 2 sleds from Asselstines.  1 being Floyd's personal sled!  I've always had my sleds serviced there, even when I didn't buy them there, and they've always been good.

Every Dealership will have good & bad stories, but for being in Port Perry, you should try them out.  They also support PPSC.  

Another vote for Asselstines here.  Floyd and the gang have always be good to me and are fairly reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

New 2016 Sled purchased and not from either Asselstine's or McGregors (although the were both friendly and either would have been great to deal with). New sled is not even a Yamaha, well not entirely a Yamaha.

New 2016 Arctic Cat 7000 Limited. First time not on a Doo.

Bought from Rick & Dave at Pickering Motorsports.

post-24003-0-57570900-1459450425_thumb.jpg

New 2016 Sled purchased and not from either Asselstine's or McGregors (although the were both friendly and either would have been great to deal with). New sled is not even a Yamaha, well not entirely a Yamaha.

Congrats on the new ride. I think you're going to like it. We have the 2015 Cat 7000 El Tigre. One of the things you may want to look at are the wind deflectors that go on the side panels. I was finding my knees and thighs were getting a bit cool even though it wasn't that cold out. Someone else mentioned he found his crotch getting particularly cold on the similar sled and my dealer reports they do make a difference. We have them on order to be added to the sleds in the fall. If the rear storage bag is the same as on ours it's really tiny as well.

That's a nice looking sled. Was thinking about getting one also but decided to wait one more year.

That's a nice looking sled. Was thinking about getting one also but decided to wait one more year.

There's a nice used one in the buy/sell section of this forum for sale....

Very nice! I had the same sled for this year, all 500miles!

The shock package & clutching for '16 were nice upgrades.

However the lure of the new turbo was too much, deal is done.

Gonna be a long summer, hope you enjoy the new ride! 

I live in Bobcaygeon and have been dealing with McGregors for years.  The feeling around here is that they are the best dealership in Ontario.

Archived