Prostate Extreme Team?????

LuvMyViper

Hey everyone.. Here's a posting by The Mayor from another forum that I thought I'd share with everyone... Looks like The Prostate Extreme Team is no more... I for one wouldn't mind hearing the other side of the story too...

Sorry for such a late responce on this, we have just returned from a weeks vacation and heard about this, so we want you all to know the facts....

As the President of The Prostate Extreme Team it saddens me to have to officially report yet once again that we have had to close down The Prostate Cancer Extreme Team Inc. My wife Sherri, the Vice President and Myself tried to contact Steve, the Secretary on several occasions but he would NOT respond to our calls.

As Steve is the administrator of our forum at PET he decided to ban Sherri rather than talk to her and has made my account and all of our friends accounts inaccessible.

We could not risk leaving this organization in the hands of someone that abuses his admin powers, and his friends.

My wife, kids, friends and family have put alot of hard work into making this organization the success that it became, but due to personal reasons, we can no longer continue this Endeavour.

As you all know Sherri was the drive behind PET, she obtained many great sponsors, volunteers, and supporters for the cause and spend many a long hours working tirelessly to make this organization what it is.

I am sure you can understand why we would not just leave it in the hands of someone we do not trust.

I can assure you that The Prostate Cancer Extreme Team Inc. has been dissolved, articles of surrender have been submitted, and bank accounts, line of credit and credit cards have been abolished. Upcoming events cancelled!

ALL Sponsors, Volunteers, Clubs and Past Participants were all notified of the unfortunate demise of PET.

Please understand that we truly appreciate all the support that we had received from everyone and that the fight for Prostate Cancer Must Continue and funding for this great cause can be sent to The Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Canada, you can find them at

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Nutter can share his answer here also.

From the information I have, PET is alive. This is a personal issue that Sherri has, who has decided to retire from PET but can't stand to see PET continue without her.

I am personally very disappointed that anyone would compromise the organization that rallies for a great cause for their personal agenda.

I will, and many people that I know, will continue to support the cause. And so long as we have anything to say about it, PET will always be alive!

I am personally very disappointed that anyone would compromise the organization that rallies for a great cause for their personal agenda.

You're right about that. The only thing getting hurt here is the charity. Which could mean that fewer funds get raised to battle cancer.

Very disappointing that anyone would do that.

From the information I have, PET is alive. This is a personal issue that Sherri has, who has decided to retire from PET but can't stand to see PET continue without her.

I will, and many people that I know, will continue to support the cause. And so long as we have anything to say about it, PET will always be alive!

Here ya go ........ here's what I wrote

First I'd like to add ... Sherri you and Richard have done a fabulous job bringing PET to the heights it's now at, along with all the other board members and volunteers. But as a past participant and supporter of PET I must ask if you could please mail me the minutes of the meeting that took place, at which time it was decided that the organization would fold, by all board members ?? I will PM you my mailing address.

You are aware that to legally fold a none profit organization you must contact each and every past participant and give sufficient public notice, with the offer for them to take over if others on the board wont ?? Please be aware I was never notified of this ???

I also cant help but feel greatly disappointed in the fact that because you and Richard have stepped down you feel the need to publicly announce something that is not true, as others have already stepped up to the plate to take over, where PET left off.

What good is it doing you or those who benefit greatly from the charity and it's awareness, for you to take this to this level ??? If you felt you had to walk away then so be it, don't take away something that has grown into something so good and discredit and harm it with bad PR.

Here ya go ........ here's what I wrote

First I'd like to add ... Sherri you and Richard have done a fabulous job bringing PET to the heights it's now at, along with all the other board members and volunteers. But as a past participant and supporter of PET I must ask if you could please mail me the minutes of the meeting that took place, at which time it was decided that the organization would fold, by all board members ?? I will PM you my mailing address.

You are aware that to legally fold a none profit organization you must contact each and every past participant and give sufficient public notice, with the offer for them to take over if others on the board wont ?? Please be aware I was never notified of this ???

I also cant help but feel greatly disappointed in the fact that because you and Richard have stepped down you feel the need to publicly announce something that is not true, as others have already stepped up to the plate to take over, where PET left off.

What good is it doing you or those who benefit greatly from the charity and it's awareness, for you to take this to this level ??? If you felt you had to walk away then so be it, don't take away something that has grown into something so good and discredit and harm it with bad PR.

Great response!

You're right about that. The only thing getting hurt here is the charity. Which could mean that fewer funds get raised to battle cancer.

Very disappointing that anyone would do that.

Personally I think it's very pathetic that some one would stoop to harming any charity, for what they feel may be personal gain, be it monetary or a personal of some sort, either way it's has been on their accord for their own reasons, and not for the benefit of the charity.......... truly shameful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really who gives a rats ass about their personal issues with each other (no matter what they are) ??? I care about the cause and the awareness it brings, nothing more nothing less.

(Edit) Also maybe LMV could edit this posts title, to something other then "PET is finished" as it clearly and legally isn't.

Well said Nutter... I remember when PET started and it was Steve that was the founder (his father is a prostate cancer survivor), not just the forum admin.. What an insult..

I'm sure Steve and Paul can do just fine on their own.. Just my 2 cents worth...

(Edit) Also maybe LMV could edit this posts title, to something other then "PET is finished" as it clearly and legally isn't.

Done.... :wavey::wavey:

I have been speaking to Steve today and he is handling this like a gentleman, way to go Steve...

Done.... :wavey::wavey:

I have been speaking to Steve today and he is handling this like a gentleman, way to go Steve...

Yes, the high road is sometimes a difficult road when you are passionate about a cause. My kudos to Steve!! :woot::woot:

Thanks LMV .......... I'm sure PET will do just fine with Steve, Paul and all the awesome participants and sponsors there to back them up.

But this should be a lesson to all that running a charitable organization should not be taken lightly, and that at all times the charity it self must be put front and center, of all personal issues of those serving within the charity (in all facets) It must be separated from the charity at all costs, in order to not harm those who benefit from it's cause.

I, too, have been talking with Steve and he is definitely taking the high road. I can't believe anyone would try to ruin all the good work PET has done in the past 2-3 years by saying they're finished. Yes, there are two sides to every story, but dirty laundry should not be aired to the detrement of the charity.

Here is a letter that Steve sent out to all their supporters and sponsors ...

Dear generous supporters, there seems to be a little confusion regarding the future of the Prostate Extreme Team. Although it is true we have lost our co-founder Sherri I am here to assure you that the Prostate Extreme Team will still be here continuing our fight against this terrible disease.

We want to wish Sherri and her family all the best in their future endeavors and would like to truly thank them for their dedication to our cause over the years. Sherri’s enthusiasm and spark will be sadly missed by the Extreme Team but the fact of the matter is our fight must go on.

As our valued supporters know best Prostate Cancer is a deadly disease in men over 40 but with the continued support from people like yourself we can and will make a difference! Please remember that Awareness saves lives, so try and spread our word to all males that you know who are over the age of 40 and remind them to get checked!!!!!

Stay tuned to our website for updates on upcoming fundraisers and special events.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you at our next event!

I believe Steve and Paul will be able to carry on their fight against this disease and continue to make each year's events more successful than the last. I, for one, have offered any support and assistance they need in order to make this happen.

I know that Steve will not respond openly to these attacks on his character and on the organization he has poured his heart and soul into, but I have no problem defending him against these attacks.

Information regarding PET can be found here: http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/

Kudos to Steve and Paul as the rise above and continue the fight!

Glad to see things are back on track.

I received a letter, not email.

Hope they have the full database, as this is a cause we support.

Could someone post the 'official' website when the dust settles, in order that I may re-register.

Glad to see things are back on track.

I received a letter, not email.

Hope they have the full database, as this is a cause we support.

Could someone post the 'official' website when the dust settles, in order that I may re-register.

Canuck,

The website hasn't changed ... it's still http://www.prostateextremeteam.com

I know they will be posting updated information as soon as that dust does settle.

After attending two sled rides of hope i can tell you i strongly support this charity and cause!!

This years ride showed the momentum this group is gathering.

I've felt truly blessed to meet people like..Yukon,Nutter,FS Steve,ClassicBrian,TVbrian,Kevchev,Hi-mileage..and many more.

The best thing to do is go to the PET site and give them your support.

Let Paul and Steve know that were behind them and the cause 100%.

A very worth while cause and I'm glad that it will keep moving forward. I totally agree with Nutters post but also think like HCS this post should be locked or deleted. Why add fuel to the fire? Are we not just adding to the public airing of personal issues??

Hey Wannago.. I look at it like freedom of speach.. IMO, this thread is respectable and the show of support for Steve is justified. I don't see this thread doing anything but helping PET.

Secrets, mistruths and outright lies don't do anyone any good except for those spreading them.

Your site, your call...just my Freedom of Speech.

"Secrets, mistruths and outright lies don't do anyone any good except for those spreading them."

I couldn't agree more with your statement which is the reason for my opinion. I apologize to anyone I have offended with my post but I really don't care for dirty laundry or personal slamming on such a public forum which is why I had suggested removing this post, possibly for another post to just show Steve everyones support.

Shari

I really don't care for dirty laundry or personal slamming on such a public forum

Hey Wannago.. Then maybe send a email to sherri and richard, they where the ones that made this a public issue.. I have been personally stabbed in the back by these people three years ago (along with the help of a group of banned forum members and a few two faced moderators which I refer to as "The Infidels"). I took care of the problem and now Steve needs help taking care of his.

I for one hope everyone sees this and PET gets stronger for it.. Just my 2 cents worth. Rick

I really don't care for dirty laundry or personal slamming on such a public forum

Hey Wannago.. Then maybe send a email to sherri and richard, they where the ones that made this a public issue.. I have been personally stabbed in the back by these people three years ago (along with the help of a group of banned forum members and a few two faced moderators which I refer to as "The Infidels"). I took care of the problem and now Steve needs help taking care of his.

I for one hope everyone sees this and PET gets stronger for it.. Just my 2 cents worth. Rick

Rick

I have no intention of sending Sherri & Richard any emails regarding this, the post Richard made is wrong and should never been put on a public forum. I have no desire to know what is behind all of this, it is none of my business and like everyone else I just wish PET continued success. Do you really think that this post is helping Steve? More like keeping the rumours and speculation going. Guess I should have never stepped into this but I just hating seeing the slamming against PET in the post. I will now go away and leave this subject alone. :wavey: No hard feelings I hope.

I dont see where PET was slammed at all. Yes there was no some negative personal back and forth stuff but most people know that this is just that and nothing else.

I think its a healthy thread as long as the personal stuff gets put to the wayside! (where the hell is wayside anyway? And why do we have to put stuff there? :P )

Do you really think that this post is helping Steve?

The answer to that is yes, I know this for a fact. And having the full support of oc.com will make PET alot stronger. Steve put years of working into PET and does not deserve what was done to him. I have been speaking to Steve for awhile now and am well aware on what's going on.

Guess I should have never stepped into this but I just hating seeing the slamming against PET in the post.

We're not slamming PET, we are supporting PET.. There is not a single post in this thread slamming PET. What R & S did was try to kill PET. I am giving 100% of my support to Steve and PET now that those two (and their their low-life back stabbing friends) are out of the picture. I will proudly run the PET banner on the forum....

I would like to publically ask Sherri if she has ever banned a member of PET herself (several times), this was a person that took his free time to help. Where's that kettle and pot smilie when you need it.

No hard feelings I hope.

Never with you Shari....

Archived