Sudbury trails- help

Sevey

Can someone give me a heads up how bad the thaw beat the trails up. We are heading up tomorrow ( Sunday) to ride for a few days. Going to ride the wolf, moose loops. Brutal timing I know.... Tried to push it off till next weeke but doesn't work with friends schedules.

Any insight would be helpful. I am expecting hard trails but did it get warm enough to create huge ruts?

Thanks

Ms

All the groomers are parked today and tonight.

We did not get a lit of rain but it was fairly warm.

I think if you stick to the northern end of things till Monday, Tuesday morning you should be ok.

Trails might be a little rougher than normal but still ride able for sure.

Yes, we noticed the northern end of Sudbury was a lot better than close to town. Closer we got to town the rougher it was, but it's like that everywhere in Ontario...

Seems like alot of folks headed there.  Thanks for the update Soup!!  

Keep 'em coming!!

I was out today and if I sat down I could keep a steady 30 mph, if I stood up, 40, 45

I was out today and if I sat down I could keep a steady 30 mph, if I stood up, 40, 45

That isnt too bad. Looks like groomers are out tonight too?

All the equipment is moving tonight !!

All the equipment is moving tonight !!

Awesome! thanks for the update...6 of us should be there by noon!

Thanks all for chiming in.

We rode Sunday to Tuesday. The clubs are doing their best but getting heavily trafficked trails, after a thaw, and flash freeze, back into shape. I am sure this is no easy task.

Trails in the valley were pretty well used but to the north the clubs did a fantastic job. Great grooming.

I used my scratchers on Sunday and Monday (snow was dry and sugary)  but by Tuesday a little fluff came in and really helped. Our timing was off as we missed the snow this week. It will help lots.

MS

We've been here since Monday.

Trails in/out of the motels are beat to crap but once you're away from Suds, you're golden.

Went for a little ride today.

Garson = Crap

Caproel = good 

Valley = Very good.

Did part of the cartier loop, OMG, like riding on pavement, smooth flat and FAST !!!!

That's good news.  We're starting a ride on Saturday.  Going to head down D111 to C108D over to Manitoulin on our way to Elliot Lake.   Any info on those trails would be appreciated.

That's good news.  We're starting a ride on Saturday.  Going to head down D111 to C108D over to Manitoulin on our way to Elliot Lake.   Any info on those trails would be appreciated.

I'll let you know what happens after this storm blows thru

I have some good contacts on the island.

Archived