Anyone riding GREEN Seguin Thu Feb 11?

Blake G

I see the Seguin is now green from the 400 right through to Kearney, along with multiple green trails going north and south from Kearney.

Tomorrow might be a good day to take a run, prior to the heavy weekend traffic.

I am thinking about staging somewhere tomorrow morning about 930 and riding for about 5 hours. Possibly form the Almaguin Visitors' Centre at exit 244 on Highway 11, or from the Timmies/Petrocan lot at exit 214 on Highway 400.

Is anyone else interested?

Well ill be getting my sled fixed tomorrow morning an if its done in time i might be able to go in the afternoon if your this way. 

Hey Gavin!!

Unfortunately, if I'm doing this, I have to be off the trail by 230 or so.

Oh ok sorry Blake, I cant guarantee when they will be done with it as you know how garages can be. Also have to get it from byers in orillia first thing then head to seguin marine for them to fix it. so that would put me in the afternoon so maybe another day for sure! hope your getting out lots! 

Oh ok sorry Blake, I cant guarantee when they will be done with it as you know how garages can be. Also have to get it from byers in orillia first thing then head to seguin marine for them to fix it. so that would put me in the afternoon so maybe another day for sure! hope your getting out lots! 

Yes we still have time to meet up again!

Blake, I ran it today from Kearny to 400. Top notch ! Headed south on C to memmories of Muskoka....good eats!

Pota, to load your sled back onto your truck, did you find a good snow bank at the Visitors' centre, or did you load elsewhere?

I rode from the cottage in Huntsville, 102b is open north ( pretty good shape as well) which gives me access . I'll be up again next week , maybe we can hook up for ride.

Keep me posted.

I have been running those trails all week and have been really great shape. I would like to come with you guys next week.

I try not to plan too far ahead, but let's see what next week brings.

I haven't even decided about today. LOL

Heading for Parry Sound.

We rode this 2 days ago...there are still a few washouts to be mindful of, but nothing that you can't get around. The trail was freshly groomed from Sprucedale to Kearney and pretty good (with the exception of a couple of washouts) all the way to Parry Sound, might have been groomed since we rode on Tuesday. With the cold temps they should freeze up by the weekend. Ride safe

The southernmost open trail near Parry Sound started in front of the Lighthouse Restaurant. This was a mere 56 kilometres from the Muskoka Wharf in Gravenhurst.

post-22473-0-82797500-1455238930_thumb.jpg

I was happy to see the Lighthouse open after being closed for so long. They had a big "sledders welcome" sign on the front so I thought it might be a good place to unload. I went in to ask if I could unload and leave my truck there for a few hours, and promised to stop in at the end to do a little business. They said to go ahead.

Here's Angela, who was in charge at 930 this morning.

post-22473-0-74539800-1455236090_thumb.jpg

I rode north on C Trail, freshly groomed.

Here's a photo showing the trail, with WildBill's corral in the background.

post-22473-0-13583000-1455236118_thumb.jpg

At WildBill's I learned that SuperG would be appearing within the hour, with a Polaris that had been repaired more quickly than expected.

Bill was super busy, so I decided to go for a quick ride while SuperG was on his way to WildBill's. I tried the Alternate C route into Parry Sound.

I passed the groomer when it stopped at a road crossing. Here's a picture looking back. Man at work.

post-22473-0-91512600-1455236144_thumb.jpg

I rode in to the end of Trail 210, then took this photo on the return trip.

post-22473-0-30134300-1455236169_thumb.jpg

I soon encountered the groomer again, and pulled off for a couple of photos. Man still at work.

post-22473-0-70505100-1455236193_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-85709800-1455236230_thumb.jpg

By the time I returned to WildBill's, SuperG was unloaded and we decided to ride to Sprucedale and back. The Seguin was in very good condition. Any waterholes that existed in earlier days were now frozen solid.

We dropped in at the Orrville Bakery and Barrista for lunch on the return trip. They have a small sign where the Seguin Trail crosses the road. It points the direction and distance (200 metres) to the Bakery. Excellent food as usual. I learned they are a Trail Guide sponsor, and very familiar with SuperG.

No photo here. Was concentrating on buttertarts, chocolate pecan tarts, oatmeal shortbread cookies, cheesebread, rye bread, walnut fudge, pulled pork on a bun, and great coffee.

Here's SuperG waiting for me on the way back to the starting point. I had to check my storage bag to make sure my purchases were riding comfortably.

post-22473-0-24720700-1455236261_thumb.jpg

We took the 201 Trail as a shortcut back to my truck at the Lighthouse. I didn't have time to eat at the restaurant, but made a donation for the parking privilege.

The Lighthouse has quite a bit of parking available for their sledding customers. Some of the parking is shown here at the front, and there is just as much in a plowed area around back.

post-22473-0-36284400-1455236307_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of SuperG after he helped me load my sled. He was then off for more riding with his local friends.

Its always the best to be shown around by a knowledgeable and friendly local host. Thank you, SuperG !

post-22473-0-06378100-1455236286_thumb.jpg

Overall the trails were great, and are obviously benefiting from the recent cold spell. If they get the snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow, they will be in tremendous shape for hosting all their sledding events this weekend.

Hats off to South Seguin, for working so hard to get things into shape.

The club president is a dedicated expert, and a real peach of a guy.

The southernmost open trail near Parry Sound started in front of the Lighthouse Restaurant. This was a mere 56 kilometres from the Muskoka Wharf in Gravenhurst.

attachicon.giflighthouse.jpg

I was happy to see the Lighthouse open after being closed for so long. They had a big "sledders welcome" sign on the front so I thought it might be a good place to unload. I went in to ask if I could unload and leave my truck there for a few hours, and promised to stop in at the end to do a little business. They said to go ahead.

Here's Angela, who was in charge at 930 this morning.

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.12.39.jpg

I rode north on C Trail, freshly groomed.

Here's a photo showing the trail, with WildBill's corral in the background.

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.13.07.jpg

At WildBill's I learned that SuperG would be appearing within the hour, with a Polaris that had been repaired more quickly than expected.

Bill was super busy, so I decided to go for a quick ride while SuperG was on his way to WildBill's. I tried the Alternate C route into Parry Sound.

I passed the groomer when it stopped at a road crossing. Here's a picture looking back. Man at work.

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.13.52.jpg

I rode in to the end of Trail 210, then took this photo on the return trip.

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.14.20.jpg

I soon encountered the groomer again, and pulled off for a couple of photos. Man still at work.

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.14.50.jpg

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.15.16.jpg

By the time I returned to WildBill's, SuperG was unloaded and we decided to ride to Sprucedale and back. The Seguin was in very good condition. Any waterholes that existed in earlier days were now frozen solid.

We dropped in at the Orrville Bakery and Barrista for lunch on the return trip. They have a small sign where the Seguin Trail crosses the road. It points the direction and distance (200 metres) to the Bakery. Excellent food as usual. I learned they are a Trail Guide sponsor, and very familiar with SuperG.

No photo here. Was concentrating on buttertarts, chocolate pecan tarts, oatmeal shortbread cookies, cheesebread, rye bread, walnut fudge, pulled pork on a bun, and great coffee.

Here's SuperG waiting for me on the way back to the starting point. I had to check my storage bag to make sure my purchases were riding comfortably.

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.16.30.jpg

We took the 201 Trail as a shortcut back to my truck at the Lighthouse. I didn't have time to eat at the restaurant, but made a donation for the parking privilege.

The Lighthouse has quit a bit of parking available for their sledding customers. Some of the parking is shown here at the front, and there is just as much in a plowed area around back.

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.17.43.jpg

Here's a picture of SuperG after he helped me load my sled. He was then off for more riding with his local friends.

Its always the best to be shown around by a knowledgeable and friendly local host. Thank you, SuperG !

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 19.17.07.jpg

Overall the trails were great, and are obviously benefiting from the recent cold spell. If they get the snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow, they will be in tremendous shape for hosting all their sledding events this weekend.

Hats off to South Seguin, for working so hard to get things into shape.

The club president is a dedicated expert, and a real peach of a guy.

No worries BG! It was my pleasure to have you on our trails today and I was glad that we were able to get out for a ride finally. Thanks again for lunch and I got it next time! I was surprised from my last ride on sunday to kearney and back as to the trail conditions. Yes the couple water holes are now frozen solid and the real hard work of the groomer operators all week along with good weather has now given us great trail conditions! Cant wait for the weekend. Thanks again BG! Nunz you need to get your butt over here now for a ride lol. 

Thanks for the report - good to know conditions have improved!

For those, who, like myself were scratching their heads as to what/where the Lighthouse is - recently reopened after having been the Cedar Grove, previous to that, the local strip club - just down the trail from Memories of Muskoka.

post-19713-0-54475500-1455270580_thumb.p

post-19713-0-01825300-1455270592_thumb.p

Glad to hear you guys had a good ride. The trails looked mint!

Good news about the Polaris Gavin.

Yes very good news about the poo, thanks. Well over here it has snowed at least 10cm overnight with snow still coming down and squalling in some areas in seguin as we speak. Forcasting 10cm/6hrs. Bring on the snow! Trails are going to be and stay in great shape! Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend whatever you are doing :)

Rode out of the info centre at 9am this morning breaking fresh 10-15cm of snow down the Sequin. That was fun. After riding the MSR 85, D102B, D101B, lunch at the Legion, AL302 , AL303, D123,  and Sequin back to the trails. The return tip met the groomer to make the final stretch of the C103D perfect. All trails were very good except the top 3rd of the D123, needs more snow (probably should be yellow). Great job District 10 and 7. Over 300km of fun.

post-19706-0-39379700-1455330837_thumb.j

post-19706-0-98754300-1455330796_thumb.j

post-19706-0-80474400-1455330818_thumb.j

post-19706-0-16926100-1455330872_thumb.p

Wow great to hear, glad you had a good time. I was out on patrol today and was very happy to see 100% compliance. eveyone i stopped had a permit. complete that with at least 15cm of fresh powder and groomers out in full force today and tonight a bit. the trails are in great shape and we are in store for a great weekend! 

No worries BG! It was my pleasure to have you on our trails today and I was glad that we were able to get out for a ride finally. Thanks again for lunch and I got it next time! I was surprised from my last ride on sunday to kearney and back as to the trail conditions. Yes the couple water holes are now frozen solid and the real hard work of the groomer operators all week along with good weather has now given us great trail conditions! Cant wait for the weekend. Thanks again BG! Nunz you need to get your butt over here now for a ride lol. 

I might be able to be coaxed into a ride next Friday possibly.....

Pretty hard to twist a rubber arm.

Pretty hard to twist a rubber arm.

lol, leaving for Quebec on the Saturday night, I am supposed to be packing for our trip, I guess a little sled ride is considered packing...

Archived