D101B

AdamGamble

Anyone know how the d101b is from Dorset to Kearney. Have the whole family up in bracebridge this weekend and some unfortunate weather conditions will force us to trailer somewhere close to ride. Looking to ride Friday morning and Saturday morning. Thinking of trailering to Dorset one day and maybe Elmsdale or Burks falls another. I no they had some rain today but it's supposed to get cold tonight so whatever was left should freeze up solid. Any input would be much appreciated as always.

Crap if you had posted last week, I could've given you a 1st hand report (a friend cottages adjacent) to the Oxbow Lake portion. She was up there last week. Looking @ the ITG it's yellow. They have done some quite a bit of work to eliminate road running in the Billie Bear area.

I got Tims E-update last night it sounded great, but today it rained abit.  And now Sunday is looking MILD with rain again.

Saturday might be a good ride dwight to kearney or so?    I was wondering same myself.   I ran D trail from port sydney this past saturday up to aspdin rd, then ran yearly rd to Sprucedale, once I got to seguin it was decent.  But D below sprucedale was not even packed.

Ran to baysville sunday from Mary lake, what a joke.  HGR did not even try to pack at all, only one small area near their shack was all.

Blue tracks from GPS show sat and sun ride, if you want to call it that...ugh what a poor winter.

Dan

post-23178-0-60352300-1453858184_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-00364700-1453858188_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-83689100-1453858190_thumb.jpg

I ran D trail from port sydney this past saturday up to aspdin rd, then ran yearly rd to Sprucedale, once I got to seguin it was decent.  But D below sprucedale was not even packed.

Ran to baysville sunday from Mary lake, what a joke.  HGR did not even try to pack at all, only one small area near their shack was all.

Maybe not enough cold, snow, or volunteers to get those trails open.

Here is Tims update as of last night:

Just a quick update.

The trails are shaping up great. Most of our trails will be green by the weekend.

We will get the rest of Oxtongue Lake staked and also Dotty Lake with signage for the new trail to reduce the road running.

It may be a week or two to get Penn Lake and Lake of Bays staked.

I have added quite a few more people to my contact list so for them here is the link to our SPOT GPS unit showing where we are grooming and where we have been.

Also a reminder trail 65 from the ASC Shelter to Troutspawn Lake will be closed due to logging. It will be open next year and be even better.

Attached is a picture from tonight on trail 78. Conditions are like mid season. I tried to do a video but it wasn't very good. Will have to get the GoPro going.

Good Night from Oxtongue Lake.

Tim Drouin

and a pic from him grooming...

Dan

post-23178-0-64996500-1453858461_thumb.jpg

Tim is one of the best, isn't he?

Maybe not enough cold, snow, or volunteers to get those trails open.

You are 100% correct Blake,

I have offered many times as its my backyard. Apparently the first run/pack on the BR is tricky, and they want a certain person to do that, and rounding up the gang has been slow this season at HGR so ive heard.   

Seeing what Tim has been doing at ASC and the gang down at tall pines with the same snow is night and day.  

Dan

I have offered also to HGR and Du u wanna , but no return message , guess they have all the help they need 

You are 100% correct Blake,

I have offered many times as its my backyard. Apparently the first run/pack on the BR is tricky, and they want a certain person to do that, and rounding up the gang has been slow this season at HGR so ive heard.   

Seeing what Tim has been doing at ASC and the gang down at tall pines with the same snow is night and day.  

Dan

Is tall pines rough or??  I have not been up there yet this year

I will be riding Friday there as well, going to drop at Emsdale then head towards Dorset and run those trails, depending on Conditions might go back Sunday. Positive note is they are calling for 10cms of snow Thursday.

Anyone know how the d101b is from Dorset to Kearney. Have the whole family up in bracebridge this weekend and some unfortunate weather conditions will force us to trailer somewhere close to ride. Looking to ride Friday morning and Saturday morning. Thinking of trailering to Dorset one day and maybe Elmsdale or Burks falls another. I no they had some rain today but it's supposed to get cold tonight so whatever was left should freeze up solid. Any input would be much appreciated as always.

I will be riding Friday there as well, going to drop at Emsdale then head towards Dorset and run those trails, depending on Conditions might go back Sunday. Positive note is they are calling for 10cms of snow Thursday.

Nunz where do you drop in Elmsdale

At the Visitor Centre. Trail runs right from parking Lot.

Let me know if you are going to be riding, it will be myself and my brother and possibly Muskoka Cat guy.

Nunz where do you drop in Elmsdale

At the Visitor Centre. Trail runs right from parking Lot.

Let me know if you are going to be riding, it will be myself and my brother and possibly Muskoka Cat guy.

I will send you a message as we will be riding Friday for sure just not 100% where yet

Sounds good.

I will send you a message as we will be riding Friday for sure just not 100% where yet

Is overnight parking available at the visitors centre in Elmsdale?

Is overnight parking available at the visitors centre in Elmsdale?

Don't get excited about all the snow in this photograph; I took it a couple of years ago.

The sign states that parking is available for up to eight hours. I would think the rule exists to cope with the busy summer tourism season, but it might apply year round because of snow removal concerns....

post-22473-0-69405600-1453929208_thumb.jpg

Seen trailers stay there overnight .stay off to the north side to leave room for the tractor trailers as they pull in there for nap time

Just spoke with Mark the groomer and they are grooming the area right now...

Much of 101 from Dwight north is now Green, might try to head up that way SAT if I can get to dwight from Mary Lake...

My HGR trails have had a PASS made on them, and I was told they have all been packed with exception of below the swamp to baysville. However they remain RED as of tonight, should see them go yellow tomorrow before weekend, unless HGR wants to keep traffic down for some reason.

Dan

Rode from Dwight to South River today( d101b and d trail ) The interactive guide is spot on! The green trails were superb, a few rough spots where yellow is showing but well worth the trip. Don't know how it will hold up for the weekend but great today.

Just an FYI, as expected MUCH of the HGR trails opened today(officially) So running from Mary Lake to Dwight is now a go.  Hoping to get over that way saturday before the mild and showers get here sunday.

Dan

Rode from raven lake parking lot to Kearney legion. Fun ride how'd you guys make out?

Rode from raven lake parking lot to Kearney legion. Fun ride how'd you guys make out?

Rode from Emsdale to Dwight to the Legion then Edgwater yesterday, Trails were in really good shape, Had an amazing day!!

Nunz I seen you at the D and d101b intersection..

In the later afternoon. I waved lol, we were trying to get back to raven lake before dark and were unsuccessful lol.

Archived