Towing mirrors

Nunz

Hi guys!!

Need some advice for towing mirrors and what you guys use, Bought a set of the Cippo ones when I got the trailer and one of them fell of the Jeep Sunday.

Jeep doesn't make towing mirrors for the Jeep.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks

Nunz

Buy an F-150 :)

buy chev 2500hd

I've got a set that I used on a Nitro. They worked pretty good. You're welcome to try them. I'm going to Arnies this week and can drop them off there for you. Let me know if you want to try them.

The towing mirrors usually work OK, but they really need to be fastened well.

Other than that, maybe check with one of the aftermarket places (Hitch City, Action, etc) to see if they can get replacement mirrors for the vehicle.  I know that I bought 'elephant ear' mirrors for my old Chev Silverado, but they weren't cheap.

I've got a set that I used on a Nitro. They worked pretty good. You're welcome to try them. I'm going to Arnies this week and can drop them off there for you. Let me know if you want to try them.

John, Are they the clip on style or the actual mirror..Thanks for the reply

The towing mirrors usually work OK, but they really need to be fastened well.

Other than that, maybe check with one of the aftermarket places (Hitch City, Action, etc) to see if they can get replacement mirrors for the vehicle.  I know that I bought 'elephant ear' mirrors for my old Chev Silverado, but they weren't cheap.

Thanks, I think I may need to bite the bullet and buy and another set and just make sure they are attached properly.

Give me a call and I can explain the mounting. You're free to use them. At the least they will get you by until you figure out what to do. They don't leave a mark on the vehicle.

I believe Cippo makes mirrors that slip over the existing mirror, they have a spacer that tightens and wing nut tightening into the spacer. Worked good on Toyota pickup mirrors. Would have to see if they are made for Jeep of  course.

XTC500 uses some nice mirrors he got from Toyota.  They clamp on the upper edge of the truck mirror and have an adjustable selfie rod.  On the end of the rod is an airodynamic mirror pod.  The work better than the crap I have.

BP

Thanks guys!!

Appreciate the help as always..

Nunz

Actually I didn't get them from Toyota BP, I got them from the local campout trailer store near Crystal Lake. I'd check the name brand of them but they're stored inside the trailer at a buddies house.

I sit here corrected !

Archived