LOOP AROUND SCUGOG THRU LINDSAY

thetorches

Was just looking at guide. Looking to do a loop around Lake Scugog when we get snow of  course. It's 145 km loop. Noticed when you get to Lindsay trail stops and starts again on other side of river. Is there anyway of getting to trail on other side. I'm thinking Lindsay isn't snowmobile friendly.

Need more info on what trail you are referring to on the other side of the river.  From the Port Perry or Uxbridge area, the trail eventually runs up Elm Tree road on the west side of Lindsay and turns East on Thunder Bridge road to connect to the rail line to Fenelon Falls..It is possible to connect to the rail line to Bethany by crossing the river when it is sufficiently frozen at the bottom of the rail line in Lindsay and getting up on the other side and riding through the park by the river north of the locks.  Then you cross Queen st to the locks and run the rail line south.  Should probably go with someone who knows the way and at the right time.  You are right in saying that Lindsay does not make it easy.  It is the connection to the rail line south to Bethany that is lacking.  Once you know the lakes, the best loop is North to Lindsay from Port Perry, to the Victoria Railine to the bridge at Ken Reid.  Onto Sturgeon, then over the dam to Pigeon, Down the pigeon river to Omemee. Through the little lakes south of Omemee and onto the Bethany railine and then on to the Ganny or hi way 35.  This is an amazing run when conditions permit and I would be pleased to show you if you are ever inclined.

That would be great. I'd love to do it. I had it mapped leaving Port Perry clubhouse and going east to 35, then to Bethany, then to Lindsay. That's where i don't know how to get across to Thunderbridge Rd. Have taken trail south off of Thunderbridge Rd. before, but it ends about a km into Lindsay. Sounds like it would be a few more km's taking the lakes, but would be a good ride.

I highly recommend riding with Grizzlygriff.

he may be a good guy to ride with but he needs to add an orange flag to his sled

He already has a trademark: a big ass thermos that shows up at trail stops.

Sounds like fun. Will have to try and get out with him.

takes a litle knowledge of the area, 2 ways i use, when u come to the end of the line at king st.you can go left towards lindsay stgo left at lindsay cross over bridge into go into park and follow trail along river up apartments see the smal rd lindsay st n (has a no exit sign for whatever reason)keep travelling north when you pass the last house on left go into field and will hook up up to klsc trail304 i think take you to e108.

other method cross over king st through park go to small open area beside bus stop on queen st travel through to rivera parkon a good year can access boat launch to cross over to apartments or travel down river, possile to use old rail line in area to get you up to tim hortons on cty r 36

also use fields behind superjail to cross river at old bridge pilings as well that take you to e108.

also easier to just show you

I'm in on this ride if it's on the weekend. I know the area but not through Lindsay.

I've ridden from Uxbridge to Fenlon Falls via cannington/Sunderland then south to Lindsay, West along TB Road then to Port Perry SC. Had lunch there then headed back to Uxbridge. About 205 km's. Good days ride.

I'm sure it will be on a weekend. Sounds like a 4-5 hr. ride with a break.

Interested in this ride.

Whatever you do don't come south from the rail trail into Lindsay. The homeowners there have a hate on for sleds..

Learned a hard lesson last year as one guy came out with a broom at me.

Interested in this ride.

Whatever you do don't come south from the rail trail into Lindsay. The homeowners there have a hate on for sleds..

Learned a hard lesson last year as one guy came out with a broom at me.

Your lucky you only got chased with a broom,the ofsc trail stops at the thunderbridge road cut off.

I would also like to get in on this trip/tour. I have had difficulty figuring out the best way to get around or through Lindsay.

jerry

he may be a good guy to ride with but he needs to add an orange flag to his sled

I can think of worse things than being mistaken for Blake

Well, there seems to be some interest in a group ride in the area.  I will post when trails open and water freezes.

I went south on the trail off of Thunderbridge Rd. last year. There was nothing saying not to enter. Came to an end on some side street. Never got chased by anyone, but just didn't feel right being there.

That sounds good Griff. The 23rd would be good if conditions are right.

I can think of worse things than being mistaken for Blake

I agree.. actually if you put an orange flag on your sled and we had two of them running around it would confuse things all to heck.

Your lucky you only got chased with a broom,the ofsc trail stops at the thunderbridge road cut off.

Better have a look at the trail map champ.

The 309 goes straight into Lindsay from north end..

Better have a look at the trail map champ.

The 309 goes straight into Lindsay from north end..

Duftom is right.  The 309 ends at Thunderbridge road, but to be technical, it travels a bit south of Thunderbridge road then ends in a neighbourhood on Orchard Park and William. From there it goes to the sidewalks on Victoria ST N through a fenced walkway.  Victoria St N is clearly marked with no snowmobile signs. This is where the community gets pissed at local sleds accessing the railing via the sidewalks.

No you can acess the trail at william and orchard the signs are there.

I come down that way you can go through the field and travel lindsay st to pottinger and around the park aross river from rivera park

No you can acess the trail at william and orchard the signs are there.

I come down that way you can go through the field and travel lindsay st to pottinger and around the park aross river from rivera park

Yes the trail stops at William and Orchard.  I have been your way, blue ER but you need to cross the bridge in town unless the river is frozen to Rivera park to get to the Bethany rail line.

I would also like to get in on this trip/tour. I have had difficulty figuring out the best way to get around or through Lindsay.

jerry

I went south on the trail off of Thunderbridge Rd. last year. There was nothing saying not to enter. Came to an end on some side street. Never got chased by anyone, but just didn't feel right being there.

The trail doesn't end at Thunderbridge Rd.  KLSC Trail 309 extends well south into town. 

However, that doesn't help a whole lot as the connection to 210 is poor at the best of times.  This year may be easier, as the flow has been reduced significantly. The South end of the lake has been frozen now almost 2 weeks. Even the main Trent-Severn boat channel is frozen.  Not safe yet, but fully closed over.  I suspect this year the river will soon be safe to travel, when some years it never freezes enough to be safe. 

11v5njn.png

I live on the East side of the lake, so I normally connect with 210 by working my way through the fields behind the jail. If I'm coming down E108/309, I go one of these routes.  I've shown GrizzlyGriff the routes down both the East and West side - he'll be able to guide your group without fail.

10xy9w5.png

It takes a community sharing knowledge.  You are a wizard with the maps.  Thanks WW

Archived