LOOP AROUND SCUGOG THRU LINDSAY

thetorches

You can also cross the river at the old train bridge pilings there at the beginning/ending of the 10k zone pretty much at the e108 and 309 trail we use this way when evening running to get fuel at ultamar on 35 or coming home takes you behind the superjail

I live on the East side of the lake, so I normally connect with 210 by working my way through the fields behind the jail. If I'm coming down E108/309, I go one of these routes.  I've shown GrizzlyGriff the routes down both the East and West side - he'll be able to guide your group without fail.

Several years ago we ran from Bowmanville to Glamor Lake on  Fri' night, via Bethany & Lindsay. We ran on the east side (between Lindsay St the river) to the boat launch & jumped on the river. The "leader" warned me that unless the weather has been good (cold) & sledders are running the river to stay off. That trip we ran the ice around the point to the railbed (east of HB Cycle) & headed north.

post-19781-0-36498100-1451956990_thumb.png

How does the city feel about sledders about running that space between Caroline & St. Paul?

Spent quite a few years living in Lindsay, and just shudder the thought of crossing that river. Unless its been cold for weeks prior and solid, but that river has quite a current to it.

Spent quite a few years living in Lindsay, and just shudder the thought of crossing that river. Unless its been cold for weeks prior and solid, but that river has quite a current to it.

That's more or less what my friend said.

True. And the current can be variable, as the Trent-Severn Authority fiddles with flow. Local knowledge is important.

Archived