Trails were Terrrific !

We encountered Terrific Trails in our little area of D7 this weekend.

Friday was mostly Lake Running and "neighbourhood watch" ;) all around the shores of Kahshe Lake followed by a short run down trail 4 to the Severn River Inn for a late afternoon Happy Hour in preparation for our Attitude Adjustment Hour on our return.

Saturday we headed out across 3 to B north. The first half of 3 was choppy as the groomer rarely, if ever, goes in there. A couple of kilometres of bare road help rid us of any carbide that survived the DooNut Run. From that point on was awesome. B was solid and once we hit the roller coaster trails south of 118 it was wide and smooth. That makes for such an enjoyable ride. We were about the second group on fresh groomed north of 118 and carried on B to the D103B junction. D103B was our choice of route from that point all the way up to Port Sydney where we stopped for lunch at Sydneys. On that entire stretch there we two bumps. Ok, maybe 3. OH, yes, and a Moose. Who, by the way, had NO Trail Pass !!

Scott, our usual gracious host, pushed us out the door and D south was our trail of choice for the return trip. Amazingly good ! The sun was bringing out a little softer snow on the trail top but the good hard base has the trails standing up extremely well. Also surprising was the lack of traffic. I'm sure that helped too.

Cool enough in the morning for snow-dust on the run !!

The roads are "toast" with the hot sun playing on them everyday.

Pictures (of which there are many) were taken. I'm counting on several others to post them - get them up there folks !!

Fantastic trails and awesome weather - what a terrific Easter Weekend !!

Thanks for the report STG. The riding was amazing this weekend, for sure.

But, you know...

needpics.gif

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Thanks for the report STG. The riding was amazing this weekend, for sure.

But, you know...

needpics.gif

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

I know ! I know !!

C'mon guyz - where are the pix ??

Domino took pix

14Snow took pix

KLR700 took pix

Need the pix here folks :!:

So we started of playing around on Kahshe Lake awaiting for the STG crew to wake up and smell the coffee....

P3220002_sm.jpg

P3220003_sm.jpg

P3220004_sm.jpg

P3220005_sm.jpg

Off on to the trails we went...... Lots of stops and lots of talk ;)

P3220007_sm.jpg

P3220008_sm.jpg

P3220010_sm.jpg

P3220013_sm.jpg

P3220014_sm.jpg

P3220015_sm.jpg

P3220018_sm.jpg

P3220020_sm.jpg

Holy sh$t!!! Do you see that????!!!

P3220023_crop.jpg

I did, I did see a moose!

P3220022_crop.jpg

Well let's follow him down the trail....

P3220021_crop.jpg

P3220020_crop.jpg

P3220018_crop.jpg

Still great trails!

P3220025_sm.jpg

We rode to huntsville via the D, d103b. 50, 89 and 88 and back to the D to the 37north( rough) to the 37 south(perfect) back to the D on friday morning. Trails were perfect but hard right up to the 89 and 88. Then it all went south. Follow Road to Trail meant drive on bare pavement over and over and over. Came upon a guy lying on the trail west of Huntsville who descided putting his foot down to stop from rolling his sled was a good idea. The ambulance guys we called didn't think so. Broke his leg when his foot got tangled in the moving track.

Apparently, he and his buddy ( who nearly head on'd me running for help) left Windsor at 2am Friday morn, hit Bracebridge at 7am for a weekend of riding and ended it all by 11am Friday morning on trail 88 had borrowed sleds, suits, helmets etc and had no real clue what they were doing.

Spent the rest of the weekend off trail riding( better conditions than on trail ) :)

Great Pics, Domino.

How did you get the camera out to shoot the moose while you were riding? Do you carry it in an outside pocket?

I said CAMERA :wavey::wavey::wavey:

Great Pics, Domino.

How did you get the camera out to shoot the moose while you were riding? Do you carry it in an outside pocket?

It was a little tricky using my left hand on a right handed camera :D

I just kept shooting :lol:

It was a little tricky using my left hand on a right handed camera :D

I just kept shooting :lol:

Bad Monkey :lol:

Great report, pictures. Thanks.

Very sorry to hear about broken leg in group you encountered Doonut. And Huntsville often involves roads (as you, fearless leader, know) - so probably off my list for coming weekend.

Scott said we missed our crew by 30mins STG ! :whatever:

We started off late bud still went north D-trail to Sprucedale and then played on the 80's serries trails tableop and Stellar conditions for Easter Weekend :woot: .10/10 roads were bare and snirty with most access roads still mostly ice covered !

Hopefully next season we can hook up for that ride !

P.S

The wings were awesome too !

We started off late bud still went north D-trail to Sprucedale and then played on the 80's serries trails tableop and Stellar conditions for Easter Weekend :woot: .10/10 roads were bare and snirty with most access roads still mostly ice covered !

P.S

Great report and awesome pics!!! Definitely some great late March riding to be had out there for sure....and MORE SNOW on the way today!!! :woot::woot:

P.S

Next season for sure !! But let's not meet at Sydney's. Every time we do, Mandy has a baby :shock:

Hey 14Snow - where are your pix of the trails that day??

My pix seem to be very similiar to Domino's so no point in posting duplicates.

You mean you "Aped" him ? ?

groan.gif

Yeah, maybe your're right. But they sure are nice to look at !!

Trails this good on the 22nd of March are a sight to behold.

SnowmobilingMarch22003.jpg

SnowmobilingMarch22002.jpg

SnowmobilingMarch22004.jpg

SnowmobilingMarch22005.jpg

SnowmobilingMarch22008.jpg

SnowmobilingMarch22009.jpg

SnowmobilingMarch22010.jpg

SnowmobilingMarch22011.jpg

Pictures of naked breasts seem to be similar as well. I doubt that you stopped looking after one picture. :P :P

The permits expire in May!!!!! Hey OFSC, when are the new stickers available!!! :D:D

I was chasing a Moosifer all day Saturday!!! Never could catch him :banghead::D

Archived