TRAILS CLOSED IN GOLDEN TRIANGLE

Unless we get a good amount of snow pretty quickly, I believe that I am safe in saying that the trails groomed by the Golden Triangle are closed for the season. It's been a great sledd'in season and I hope everyone got their money's worth.

I would hope that all riders would now respect the "Trail Closed" signs as this is the time when there could be huge damage done to fields with crops planted in them by sledders continuing to ride on them (not to mention my lawn where the trail crosses over it).

Crop damage usually results in either landowners refusing to let us have the benefit of crossing their property next season or requiring clubs to pay the value of the lost crop. Since wheat & other crops are quite high in value at present, paying for the damage caused can amount to quite alot of money. Since the clubs pay their costs out of the permit money collected, additional costs will likely result in higher permit fees down the road.

So if you see anyone out riding the closed trails, please remind them that their actions will likely cost all of us more down the road.

Please take time to call your local club and volunteer to help take the trails down over the next few weeks. It is usually a fun job some Saturday with lots of comradorie & only a few hours involved.

Have a great summer!

Thanks for the update :( Is District 9 in the same shape? It was a great year of soutern riding (again).. Even if we get a storm, I doubt that grooming would start again this late in the season. The news is talking about another 6 weeks of winter... hmmmm

All trails in district 9 are now closed. Anyone wanna goto Sudbury? Talked to a girl I know up there and she said best conditions in 3 years right now, and no traffic.

All trails in district 9 are now closed. Anyone wanna goto Sudbury? Talked to a girl I know up there and she said best conditions in 3 years right now, and no traffic.

I did 300km today around Barrie and Orillia :woot:

A bunch of us also did about 300 km's from Kinmount to Haliburton then up and over to Dorset. From there we went to Kawagama Lake, Kennesis then over to Haliburton Forest. We then took Top B back to Haliburton. Table top trails the whole day! The trails and lakes were amazing....the best I've seen in a long time! Good friends, good food, good trails and good weather....what more could you ask for??

A bunch of us also did about 300 km's from Kinmount to Haliburton then up and over to Dorset. From there we went to Kawagama Lake, Kennesis then over to Haliburton Forest. We then took Top B back to Haliburton. Table top trails the whole day! The trails and lakes were amazing....the best I've seen in a long time! Good friends, good food, good trails and good weather....what more could you ask for??

And the Haliburton Club expects to groom again before the weekend. That will be awesome! For a year that went bust in January...it has been banner!

Where is that guy with the thunderstorms ? and no winter after?

Right here. I admit, it has failed me. Although it still worked in spirit. It did rain every week, after all. If it wasn't for the 8+ feet of snow, it would have been the worst winter ever.

Right here. I admit, it has failed me. Although it still worked in spirit. It did rain every week, after all. If it wasn't for the 8+ feet of snow, it would have been the worst winter ever.

http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm

Try a few of these Skidooer. They have gotten me through a few tough times! :P

Thanks, UTS. I was wondering what I should have for dinner. :P

No problem. Also a nice Merlot goes well!.........................Trust me! :roll:

Yes Mrs UTS this is for you!

Archived