loud pipes

tireless

in the garage,just check kijiji...every ad reads...removed when new-stock exhaust -$ 100 or bo...& that's no bs

Like I said I will take note when I'm at the Harley store.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest problem with snowmobilers we aren't on many peoples Christmas card list so then add to that a noisey exhaust and we have a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

When I started riding in the mid 90's. Having the loudest sled was the sh_t. Not anymore though, that ship has sailed.LOL Cool in its day but not so much anymore?

When I started riding in the mid 90's. Having the loudest sled was the sh_t. Not anymore though, that ship has sailed.LOL Cool in its day but not so much anymore?

Yep...it was much different in terms of acceptance within our own group (sledders in general) but I think it obviously still pi$$ed everyone else off. I can't believe I didn't deafen myself back then lol. And seriously...with a name like "Power Inc." who wouldn't want their pipes lol....soooo....LOUD!! Now all I hear is my track..

The kid across the street and two houses over has straight pipes on his beat up Dodge pickup. I hear him start it up and let it idle for a while every morning at about 5:30 before he drives off. I'd hate to be the people living next to him. Their bedroom is adjacent his driveway.

They have their own challenges to deal with and if the Harley is configured illegally they will get pulled over. Saw a group of bikes on the side of the road last summer with the OPP. One of them had handlebars that had the rider with his hands higher than his head. I guess he figured looking like an ape made him look cool. The OPP were measuring the bars.

The biggest difference though tends to be as already mentioned one is on a public road and the other is on private property. One has a loud bike go by and it is gone in seconds and not likely going to have a reapeat that day. The sleds going by can be pretty constant especially on a Saturday.

Nieghbour kid across the road modified the exhaust on his pickup. He starts it up at 5:00 am and lets it idle for 10 minutes or more. The guy that lives beside him tells me it vibrates his windows. He called the police and they had the truck checked by MTO. He doesn't have the modified exhaust anymore.

We had a guy inherit his grandmother's house 2 doors up from us. The guy has a V Rod. 

1) Start & warm up bike for 10 minutes

2) Poke thru town so everyone can see him

3) Get out on Hwy 28 & pin it

4) Listen to Harley until out of hearing about 2 miles down highway

When he returns sometime after midnight, listen to bike for 2 or 3 minutes before it rolls thru the village.

Lot's of Harleys ridden thru the village in groups & they're nowheres near as noisy as the "V Dump".

I've seen the odd quiet harley, but they're rare like pope's poop .... 

Wanna talk about needing enforcement ?  How about all the a-holes with their dual-straight-out-the-back pickups, and diesels with the DEF delete kits, spewing raw carbon out the pipes.  And ridiculous loud, like disgusting.  Can't be enforced by the OPP, according to them, if it passes safety, it's not an offence to them.  They need to be stopped by the MTO in order to get charged with anything related to the modification.  THEN they can be charged with improper exhaust system, bypassing whatever, etc.

This is from a Hearst OPP officer, who hear LOTS of noise complaints, all from stupid punks with heavy feet,  jacked-up diesels and no exhausts.

The MOE has been checking diesels down in the banana belt. I guess they haven't figured out that people live north of Barrie. Bro has had the Ministry of Revenue dip the tank of his truck checking for dyed fuel.

Nothing is any sweeter than running in a pack of harleys. They sound they make is a tune that can't be copied

x2

Nothing is any sweeter than running in a pack of harleys. They sound they make is a tune that can't be copied

If those are all same as the one I heard yesterday no problem.

the harleys are on the roads the sleds are on landowners property

The harley morons are out here I am a block away from a major hang out of bikes here in Winnipeg, usually 30-50 bikes at the Tim Hortons here, the weekends are nuts

Good god they are loud!!!!

That said I have dual exhaust on my Hemi but there is a time and place to honk the throttle

My neighbour with a Ford Sporttrac Adrenalin with duals, love to be heard when he comes up and down the street, I see no point annoying my neighbours so I drive real slow on the neighbourhood streets

Call me a hypocrit :)

The MOE has been checking diesels down in the banana belt. I guess they haven't figured out that people live north of Barrie. Bro has had the Ministry of Revenue dip the tank of his truck checking for dyed fuel.

Here we are exempt from drive clean . That being said we keep our trucks in decent tune to preserve fuel economy . Both diesels have MBRP Stainless steel exhausts WITH MUFFLERS as I got tired of replacing rotting exhaust systems that crap that they put on the roads just eats vehicles and exhausts . The 04 electronic diesel smokes a little under heavy load but not bad the 96 injector pump diesel on summer fuel does not smoke except under fairly heavy load on winter fuel it smokes quite a bit under heavy load over 4000 kg they both get good fuel economy and run well no performance mods to the 04 I suspect that the 96 has a fuel plate but not sure as we bought it used. 

do any of you remember how loud some sleds were factory back ikn the 90's, my friend bought a brand new 95 zrt 600, jesus murphy it was loud stock, by todays standards it would give the stop cops fits lol

I've seen the odd quiet harley, but they're rare like pope's poop .... 

Wanna talk about needing enforcement ?  How about all the a-holes with their dual-straight-out-the-back pickups, and diesels with the DEF delete kits, spewing raw carbon out the pipes.  And ridiculous loud, like disgusting.  Can't be enforced by the OPP, according to them, if it passes safety, it's not an offence to them.  They need to be stopped by the MTO in order to get charged with anything related to the modification.  THEN they can be charged with improper exhaust system, bypassing whatever, etc.

This is from a Hearst OPP officer, who hear LOTS of noise complaints, all from stupid punks with heavy feet,  jacked-up diesels and no exhausts.

I was told a few months ago that a new rule was coming for the mandatory yearly safety(yellow)sticker for commercial vehicles in Ontario. It would include a section saying that if the inspecting tech sees anything that indicates that the emission system has been altered in any way, they cannot pass the vehicle inspection until it is equipped as manufactured. I know our shop has a revised copy of the inspection rules but I don't know if this clause is in it. that might quiet some of those pickups down.

do any of you remember how loud some sleds were factory back ikn the 90's, my friend bought a brand new 95 zrt 600, jesus murphy it was loud stock, by todays standards it would give the stop cops fits lol

For sure when a group of triple Cats rolled up to the pumps in the late 1990's it was major noise it wasn't long after Cat built some sort of noise detection room to quiet them down.

Yup my 800 Pantera was like that got stopped too much but it was dead stock exhaust etc. One moron SAVE guy was threatening to write me a ticket . Told him to go ahead was wanting to show the court what an idiot he is. 

They have their own challenges to deal with and if the Harley is configured illegally they will get pulled over. Saw a group of bikes on the side of the road last summer with the OPP. One of them had handlebars that had the rider with his hands higher than his head. I guess he figured looking like an ape made him look cool. The OPP were measuring the bars.

Apparently the cops also measure the "rake" of the forks on choppers. I remember reading about the OPP stopping the Hells eastbound on 17 near Kenora heading for somewhere in eastern Canada for some annual event. That was 1 of the charges they were laying.

Archived