Gowganda Off Trail

Muskoka Man

Left the trail sled behind and stayed at Gowganda Lake Lodge with Ron and Giselle, we were right behind a fresh snowfall, rode logging rds and Mining rds,the pics dont really show the depth but there is no shortage of snow, if you got the itch and dont want to wait for the Groomers to move give this place a try

Fbu9ApB.jpg

A2OWJoG.jpg

HQRqSA4.jpg

HtDScG5.jpg

Nh3bxjd.jpg

Yes The Skandic is the off trail bomb,

Here is a couple more

N0sXaSI.jpg

Gowganda Lake Lodge is a great place to stay With the changes in Shining Tree there really isn't any reason to go there anymore. From the C, A107C junction, it's about the same distance for gas; and you must get gas regardless of the direction you're going. Ron and Giselle are awesome hosts and deserve the support.

Great pics MM, I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight thinking about the weekend coming up...

Gowganda Lake Lodge is a great place to stay. With the changes in Shining Tree there really isn't any reason to go there anymore. From the C, A107C junction, it's about the same distance for gas; and you must get gas regardless of the direction you're going. Ron and Giselle are awesome hosts and deserve the support.

x2

Great place to park trailers and ride for days. 

Nice work Jamie ,you need to take a break and ride those nice trails you made, looks like lots of brush hanging down ,how is the big washout west of Beauty lk rd ?will probably be back up late Jan or early Feb , my bud is installing solar panels in New Liskeard and we will head over on a Fri afternoon 

Gowganda Lake Lodge is a great place to stay With the changes in Shining Tree there really isn't any reason to go there anymore. From the C, A107C junction, it's about the same distance for gas; and you must get gas regardless of the direction you're going. Ron and Giselle are awesome hosts and deserve the support.

Oh Bob.......when you are there come on over to Matachewan and if I am off....I will make you some food.....lol

Oh Bob.......when you are there come on over to Matachewan and if I am off....I will make you some food.....lol

That is great!  We will be there this season.  Hope all is well!

Love seeing the northern Ontario "ready for Sledding" pics.

Thx. 

That is great!  We will be there this season.  Hope all is well!

Hope to see you guys....spoke to TATA, hoping to try and start selling some permits over here and get this loop back open....looks like a new restaurant maybe opening here in the future.

Stay warm guys and ride safe

Kelly

Does the trail go past 3 bears ?   On to Gogama etc Were up Feb 20. 

Does the trail go past 3 bears ?   On to Gogama etc Were up Feb 20. 

At the junction where "C" trail meets A107C it's about 20 miles to 3 Bears down Sandy Lake Road or about 23 miles to Gowganda where there is Aulde Reekie and Gowganda Lake Camp. There have been some changes at 3 Bears so you might want to give them a call before you stop there.  Gas has been and will be, from what I understand, at Spruce Shilling Camp.

I should have mentioned there is a trail that goes into Shining Tree as well as Sandy Lake Road.  Once you get to Shining Tree you can take road (560 east) if it's snow covered to Gowganda and pick up A107C there.  It's about 25 miles from Shining Tree to Gowganda on 560 or 20 miles back to the C/A107C junction the about 23 miles to Gowganda.

Archived