who's going where

4mysled

Looking for somewhere and or someone to ride with on Sat. Anyone looking for a riding partner let me know. Parry Sound and south would be preferable, for a good days worth of riding.

I had the pleasure of running with sledjunk and moosifer today. Conditions were really good, although the snow certainly softened up between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. That sun is wokring too effectively for my liking. Best riding of the year is now, though. You can get out in the morning when things are crisp and cold, and be riding in your shirt-sleeves by mid day.

We had an informative pit stop at Wildbill's premises in the afternoon. If I had enough money, I'd want to purchase one of everything that Bill has available. Nice looking side-by-side available for a good price....

We are meeting IQ Turbo and OF7 at the travel center for 10:00 AM. You are welcome to join us.

The more the merrier.

sledjunk, thanks for the offer, I did not get to the travel centre until after 10:30, got caught up in some snowplow slow downs on my way up. I dropped by to see WB at the radar runs, then decided to head out for a run. Thanks again,  hopefully next time we can hook up.

4my

Sorry we missed you.  Our timing was a bit off as well and IQ Turbo and 'the flying dutchman' arrived about 10:15 or so.  We went to Timmies for a coffee and chat.  We were finally ready to head out about 11:30, but before we even left the parking lot, we ran into Nunz and his wife, MikeD and his wife and UTS and his son.

The ten of us then rode a loop up to Ahmic Lake and back down trail 711.  It was a great day of riding made even better for meeting some new OC'ers and renewing old friendships.  THIS is the best part of sledding IMO.

Sorry we missed you.  Our timing was a bit off as well and IQ Turbo and 'the flying dutchman' arrived about 10:15 or so.  We went to Timmies for a coffee and chat.  We were finally ready to head out about 11:30, but before we even left the parking lot, we ran into Nunz and his wife, MikeD and his wife and UTS and his son.

The ten of us then rode a loop up to Ahmic Lake and back down trail 711.  It was a great day of riding made even better for meeting some new OC'ers and renewing old friendships.  THIS is the best part of sledding IMO.

Had a great time with all of you on Saturday!!! Karen especially enjoyed meeting somemore of the OC Family..

Here is a link to the pics I took!!

It was a great ride, and alot of fun meeting you guys ... I can't believe the conditions were as good as they were. Sunday around the 80's trails was awesome BUT ... didn't end so well.

SA's sled put on a smoke show as we headed down the lake and home ... no warnings, dropped to 5K, blue smoke and shut down .... she got her last ride back to the cottage on the end of a rope.

Oh well, at least it's late in the year, and it happened close to home. ... I have many weeks now to take care of it.

It was a great ride, and alot of fun meeting you guys ... I can't believe the conditions were as good as they were. Sunday around the 80's trails was awesome BUT ... didn't end so well.

SA's sled put on a smoke show as we headed down the lake and home ... no warnings, dropped to 5K, blue smoke and shut down .... she got her last ride back to the cottage on the end of a rope.

Oh well, at least it's late in the year, and it happened close to home. ... I have many weeks now to take care of it.

That sucks Michael...not a good way to end the season, we stayed in Sunday and tried to recover... Talk soon!!!

Nunz

That sucks Michael...not a good way to end the season, we stayed in Sunday and tried to recover... Talk soon!!!

Nunz

It is what it is....

We put on another 150k, just riding around DYW trails ... they were awesome, 83 was in the best condition I've ever seen it.

We are off Thursday and Friday, going to ride somewhere just trying to figure out where... maybe Sunday weather/trails permitting..

That sucks, Mike.  Sorry to hear that!

I'm hoping to ride this weekend (Sue-Anne will be on snowshoes instead) but I'd also like to dig into it to what the issue is ... soon enough.

Update.

The results are in and the engine in my wifes 2009 MXZX 1200 is junk ... and while I was loading the sled into my truck I also noticed some track damage. Long story short, I'll be parting the sled out so if anyone here needs anything, listing will soon be in the classifieds.

AND

Obviously, looking for another sled. Something in the 600 etek or a 2010 or newer XR.  Contact me if you have or hear of anything.

MD

That sucks Michael...Sorry about that..

Nunz

That sucks Michael...Sorry about that..

Nunz

It is what it is. Sue-Anne is dissapointed, she liked the sled. I'm sure we'll find her something else she likes, and hopefully I do ok selling parts.

It is what it is. Sue-Anne is dissapointed, she liked the sled. I'm sure we'll find her something else she likes, and hopefully I do ok selling parts.

Any idea on what caused to engine to go anything us 1200's guys need to look out for ? Maybe the 09 water pump gear .

Maybe the 09 water pump gear .

Bingo ... overheated, and fast.

Update.

The results are in and the engine in my wifes 2009 MXZX 1200 is junk ... and while I was

loading the sled into my truck I also noticed

some track damage. Long story short, I'll be

parting the sled out so if anyone here needs

anything, listing will soon be in the classifieds

AND

Obviously, looking for another sled. Something in the 600 etek or a 2010 or newer XR. Contact

me if you have or hear of anything.

MD

How many km's were on the engine?

I think it was around 10 or 11K. I'll let you know for sure when I get it back to the cottage.

Bingo ... overheated, and fast.

hey Mike if you would keep us posted on progress of repair ,  as i would like to know how leak down test turned out, and warpage on plastics as in the intake/top cover/ thermo housing.   starter damage from heat.  etc. i think it would be a very good read/thread.  

I'll doo what I can when I get the engine out, but at this point it seems I'll be spending my time on an engine swap, not forensics and rebuilding.

Archived