GAS ON THE D TRAIL RAILBED SOUTH OF ASTORVILLE

We did the RAP last week. When we were northbound on the railbed south of Astorville, at one point we were running parallel to a road on our left and I noticed 2 sleds apparently gassing up at a single pump beside what I think was a car repair shop on the far side of that road. Didn't get a real good look but since we got home  I've been trying to figure out exactly where that gas pump was and I am coming up empty.

If you were going north and wanted to go east on the D trail and didn't want to go in / out of Mattawa for fuel this pump we saw would be a great stop. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

I don't recall seeing this on our RAN tour, but saw a sign for Chiswick (or Chisholm) Farm & Market. It stated they had fuel & it was pointing west towards Powassan. I wonder if it's the same place?

I know the place you are talking about, We saw it last year on the RAP tour, It is a Co-op Feed store that sells gas, they arent on any websites at all, The only reason we saw it we just happened to stop for a break almost in front of it. I had mentioned to the owner that they should get involved with the club and let everyone know they sell gas but weren't very interested.

Nunz

. When we were northbound on the railbed south of Astorville, at one point we were running parallel to a road on our left and I noticed 2 sleds apparently gassing up at a single pump

I noticed the same thing coming south and recall a handwritten 'gas' sign. Thanks for the reminder.

• 11 months later...

Any updated info/GPS location for this business?

It's a co op farm store that sells gas.. Can't remember the name though..

It's a co op farm store that sells gas.. Can't remember the name though..

Yeah its like a grocery store type thing. Maybe foodland? You seriously cannot miss it.

Yeah its like a grocery store type thing. Maybe foodland? You seriously cannot miss it.

Yes, there is gas in Astorville @ the Foodland. I don't think the signage on the railbed is referring to it.

Yes, there is gas in Astorville @ the Foodland. I don't think the signage on the railbed is referring to it.

Yeah you're right there is a sign south if that on the railbed with a gas station immediately to the right. I looked but never found it

Yeah you're right there is a sign south if that on the railbed with a gas station immediately to the right. I looked but never found it

Yeah there wasn't really visible in the distance.

We gassed up there a couple of winters ago, could have missed it easily, 2 gas pumps off to the side next to the building of the feed store.. However they did sell butter tarts.. Lol that much I can remember..

Now you have my attention....

Now you have my attention....

Just sled up to Bonfield. Tell'm "BBaker" sent you to pick up his butter tarts :icon_tinykitball:

I think they should name a new snowmobile loop called the Blake's butter tart loop loop.

butter tarts = nemesis

Butter tarts= another reason to go riding in search of them.

Chisholm Country Market & Feed in alderdale.  You can blow right past it easily on the rail bed.  

We filled up there last weekend.  Maybe it was us you saw.  Mike from Mattawa golf and ski told us about this stop.  Regular fuel only though, but very conveniently located on RAP tour.

Chisholm Country Market & Feed in alderdale.  You can blow right past it easily on the rail bed.  
We filled up there last weekend.  Maybe it was us you saw.  Mike from Mattawa golf and ski told us about this stop.  Regular fuel only though, but very conveniently located on RAP tour.

That's the place. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the "town's" name. Looking @ Google Earth, I think the feed mill is just soouth of the "pin". The railbed is parallel to the road.

It's on TOP D south of C110D & north of A101D. I remember seeing the signs, but don't remember the actual buildings. We had filled up @ the Mr Gas on Hwy 17, so we weren't looking for a station @ the time.

post-19781-0-42941600-1424800219_thumb.jpg 

"Gumby" hasn't been there so there isn't a Streetview pic of the place.

http://www.northbaynipissing.com/news-story/4212636-new-store-brings-one-stop-shopping-to-chisholm/

1. Address: 1497 Alderdale Rd, Powassan, ON P0H 1Z0
    Phone:(705) 724-1497

Archived