I've been peeking around for a bit. :)

Hi neighbour...

I've been peeking around for a bit. :)

I see that.  And it would be nice to get a hug back stranger   :hyper:  :hyper:

I see that.  And it would be nice to get a hug back stranger   :hyper:  :hyper:

I'll give you a real hug next time I see you!  :hugs:

I'll give you a real hug next time I see you!  :hugs:

:hugs:  :hugs: works for me.   

How is the sled?  Will you be up and running for a ride on Sunday?

If someone is putting together a mid-week March Break ride, please keep us informed. Love ice in drinks, not in unchartered waters. Local knowledge appreciated and a group ride would be fun.

:hugs:  :hugs: works for me.   

How is the sled?  Will you be up and running for a ride on Sunday?

I doubt I'll have it back up by Sunday.  Tearing into it tonight to find my problem.  But ya never know!

Can I park at Little Lake park in Midland or is that a no-no

Nice Pics!!!

Wow awesome thread...i just saw this for first time!

I was just planning our midland trip for tomorrow, and was asking for ice cave info, this looks amazing.

Can someone please take this picture, and open it in windows PAINT, and just draw on where the trails head out to caves from Honey Harbor AND also Midland?   Id really appreciate it!  I put a star on the island but still not sure exactly where this all is located.

Thank you!

Dan

post-23178-0-57601500-1394141777_thumb.jpg

hopefully the warm forecast won't wreck these formations too quickly

I am off next Thursday and Friday if anyone is interested going out that way, I haven't been there and would like to see them, If anyone wants to join in for the ride the more the merrier...Let me know

I will be coming via trailer down from Huntsville, where would be a good starting point so we could make it there and back in a days ride

Honey Harbour if you want to cut over from Hwy 400/69 (call Village Marina and ask if you can park there).

Midland or Penetang if you take Hwy 11 south to Orillia and over on Hwy 12. I've seen trailers parked at Penetang, by the town dock. Not sure about Midland but I'll bet if you call the Best Western, they'll let you park for the day. In a pinch, the SkiDoo dealer in Midland (Factory Recreation) might also allow you to park.

Pls keep us posted as to Thurs or Friday.

Honey Harbour if you want to cut over from Hwy 400/69 (call Village Marina and ask if you can park there).

Midland or Penetang if you take Hwy 11 south to Orillia and over on Hwy 12. I've seen trailers parked at Penetang, by the town dock. Not sure about Midland but I'll bet if you call the Best Western, they'll let you park for the day. In a pinch, the SkiDoo dealer in Midland (Factory Recreation) might also allow you to park.

Pls keep us posted as to Thurs or Friday.

Will do Canuck, Should have plans figured out by Monday. Hope to see you next week..

Nunz

my son ran into a 6'' round tree just off trail...ski got caught on high side of birm & rode him right into it...duh..brake ?...he is fine,nothing money won't fix...had 4 e mails about sled tonite from kijiji

good luck is over now...

Had the same experience earlier this winter - my son and his girl friend got the front right suspension caught on a tree.  Sled stopped, riders didn't, but no hurt except for the wallet.   

Imagine!!!  Who put that tree right next to the trail anyway ?????????  Not even a sign "WARNING -  TREE AHEAD"

pm sent

Can you share this map location with us here?  I'm interested in making the trek ...

pm sent

thanks Blake...

I just spoke to Knights Inn and got a room, very nice guy on phone, good pricing too.

Dairy queen across street doesnt hurt either!  lol

Dan

Had the same experience earlier this winter - my son and his girl friend got the front right suspension caught on a tree.  Sled stopped, riders didn't, but no hurt except for the wallet.   

Imagine!!!  Who put that tree right next to the trail anyway ?????????  Not even a sign "WARNING -  TREE AHEAD"

That would be your fault you guys were brushing the trail . Next time use a chainsaw.

That would be your fault you guys were brushing the trail . Next time use a chainsaw.

WB, you missed my attempt at humor - where is there NOT a tree growing next to the trails?   :drool2:

want to go back this Sunday but now that we are having a "warm spell" hubby does not want to go out there as with all the machines the slush will start as will the well ups and that would make it rougher than it was last weekend.  If any go out, ride safe.

There is no way you can warn about a tree when you are riding along and it just jumps out right in front of you without warning and you just can't stop.

We are heading out in 20 mins from Huntsville...

Ill try to take lots of pics, really should be awesome gorgeous sunny day out there!

Dan

BB...is it difficult to find your way out to the caves from Penetang?  I am very tense when travelling on GB at the best of times.....LOL....but would love to see them before it is too late to go.  :confused:

Archived