Snowtrax huntsville

aar0n

Cool snowtrax vid I found where they went to Huntsville.  Great vid, unbelievable production quality! Two issues: d102 b south of Deerhurst freshly groomed, ya right! Second thing, the way they rode those trails in the second half of the video. That is who I would consider a yahoo. I hope they close the trails or had signs up where they filmed. They were jumping, taking corners at high speeds on the wrong side...WOW. We wonder why people ride like yahoos. Because the big snowmobile magazines make it "cool" to race like that on the trails. Does anybody know if SnowTrax closes trails when they film? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool snowtrax vid I found where they went to Huntsville.  Great vid, unbelievable production quality! Two issues: d102 b south of Deerhurst freshly groomed, ya right! Second thing, the way they rode those trails in the second half of the video. That is who I would consider a yahoo. I hope they close the trails or had signs up where they filmed. They were jumping, taking corners at high speeds on the wrong side...WOW. We wonder why people ride like yahoos. Because the big snowmobile magazines make it "cool" to race like that on the trails. Does anybody know if SnowTrax closes trails when they film? 

Those twits really aren't good for the sport.  You are correct, normally they just like to show the speed and run on the wrong side of the trail.  To me, I could care less whether the trails were closed or not (likely not) they should still keep to the right.  Doesn't promote our sport as a safe one really.  I know I speed when a trail is safe for it, but I also stay to my side and respect everyone else on the trails whether walking, skiing or sledding.

Those twits really aren't good for the sport. You are correct, normally they just like to show the speed and run on the wrong side of the trail. To me, I could care less whether the trails were closed or not (likely not) they should still keep to the right. Doesn't promote our sport as a safe one really. I know I speed when a trail is safe for it, but I also stay to my side and respect everyone else on the trails whether walking, skiing or sledding.

Yeah they dont do much good. Some other sledder watches this video, seez how they ride and does the same

ya they dont do any good, publishing the OFSC magazine and promoting snowmobiling around the world..   Most sledders can ride over 35km/h safely and take a little air off some lips, just because you can't doesn't mean anything other than you're inexperienced and uninformed.

they can't close the trails, but since they have a film crew and likely have "takes", they would certainly be on somewhat of a monitored circuit.    Cameras can make things look much different from they actually are as well.      There are sledders and then there are whiners.....  

I watched the video again, having seen it already a few months ago. It's a good promotional video, in my opinion.

I did notice (between the seven-and-a-half and nine-and-a-half minute marks) some footage that appears to show sleds traveling over the speed limit, and instances of sleds being driven on the wrong side of the trails (at 9:32 for example).

I think it's valid to say that this footage could have been easily replaced with slightly different footage. Footage that could better convey the critical "safety" message right along with the "exhilaration" message.

Is it a good thing to promote speeding and riding on the wrong side of the trails? No.

Is it a good thing to promote safe riding along with exhilaration? Yes.

Is the video a good promotional video? Not sure, but I think it is.

Could it have been tweaked to make safety a higher priority? Yes.

Yup, Love that vid.

I watched the video again, having seen it already a few months ago. It's a good promotional video, in my opinion.

I did notice (between the seven-and-a-half and nine-and-a-half minute marks) some footage that appears to show sleds traveling over the speed limit, and instances of sleds being driven on the wrong side of the trails (at 9:32 for example).

I think it's valid to say that this footage could have been easily replaced with slightly different footage. Footage that could better convey the critical "safety" message right along with the "exhilaration" message.

Is it a good thing to promote speeding and riding on the wrong side of the trails? No.

Is it a good thing to promote safe riding along with exhilaration? Yes.

Is the video a good promotional video? Not sure.

Could it have been tweaked to make safety a higher priority? Yes.

Completely agree with you! I was AMAZED at the riding they showed in the first half of the video before the ladies went off to the spa. They were going the limit, not ripping up corners, taking corners on their site, and promoting the safety and beauty of snowmobiling. That is the part I loved, the 2nd half well that was just terrible! 

OMG really? Its not bad. Honestly, if I had to ride like the first bit I would give up sledding. Man cards might need to be repossessed.

And furthermore, cant you guys tell they sped the camera's up a bit?

OMG really? Its not bad. Honestly, if I had to ride like the first bit I would give up sledding. Man cards might need to be repossessed.

Ok, I guess I should have seen the video before my comment.  Now that I have actually watched the video was  good.  I am with you on the riding.  We like to have a good pace.  You are correct they definitely have sped up the camera.  I was speaking more on how they usually do promote speed on sleds.  Beleive me, I am no saint on the trails.  But, I do stay on my side of the trail and do NOT ride on the wrong side as if I own the trails.  These guys are just full of BS quite often I find and I honestly don't watch the show anymore.  When John use to do it I was a faithful viewer.  I thought he was a class act and promoted our sport the best.  End of story.  Remember this is JMO and I am NOT paid by any advertisers.  LOL

Ok, I guess I should have seen the video before my comment.  Now that I have actually watched the video was  good.  I am with you on the riding.  We like to have a good pace.  You are correct they definitely have sped up the camera.  I was speaking more on how they usually do promote speed on sleds.  Beleive me, I am no saint on the trails.  But, I do stay on my side of the trail and do NOT ride on the wrong side as if I own the trails.  These guys are just full of BS quite often I find and I honestly don't watch the show anymore.  When John use to do it I was a faithful viewer.  I thought he was a class act and promoted our sport the best.  End of story.  Remember this is JMO and I am NOT paid by any advertisers.  LOL

LOL!

Hmmm....guy in a pink bunny suit talking about a man card?  :confused:

The TV shows rarely show someone riding anything but fast which leads everyone to think that is the way it should be all the time. I quit watching those shows because the focus was so often about racing. When John was on the show it was much better. Now there is nothing wrong with going fast as long as you are in control and stay on your side of the trail but so many of the wannabe's just don't. They simply don't need more encouragement.

The TV shows rarely show someone riding anything but fast which leads everyone to think that is the way it should be all the time. I quit watching those shows because the focus was so often about racing. When John was on the show it was much better. Now there is nothing wrong with going fast as long as you are in control and stay on your side of the trail but so many of the wannabe's just don't. They simply don't need more encouragement.

Well said! Couldn't agree more

I do not advise going there . It is a firebreathing Bunny in life and in cartoon.

LOL 

I had to show the man my card last week when I got a speeding ticket on the seguin. 

The TV shows rarely show someone riding anything but fast which leads everyone to think that is the way it should be all the time. I quit watching those shows because the focus was so often about racing. When John was on the show it was much better. Now there is nothing wrong with going fast as long as you are in control and stay on your side of the trail but so many of the wannabe's just don't. They simply don't need more encouragement.

Total BS. Jeff did most of the performance sled reviews and rode equally as aggressive. I preferred some of that old show but the new snowtrax is a better representation of todays sledders.

Got my ticket closer to Parry Sound. They were coming at me then all of a sudden the second guy pulls out onto my side and then they threw there lights on. Good thing I was not travelling fast. Got me for 87 klmph. I asked if there was some forgiveness on the speed on the Seguin. He says yeah if your doing 51 or 52 klmph he would not charge me. Gee thanks. Have you ever tried to ride the Seguin at 50klmph? I almost ended up in the trees going that slow. I was driving with one hand and staring everywhere but on the trail.     

Got my ticket closer to Parry Sound. They were coming at me then all of a sudden the second guy pulls out onto my side and then they threw there lights on. Good thing I was not travelling fast. Got me for 87 klmph. I asked if there was some forgiveness on the speed on the Seguin. He says yeah if your doing 51 or 52 klmph he would not charge me. Gee thanks. Have you ever tried to ride the Seguin at 50klmph? I almost ended up in the trees going that slow. I was driving with one hand and staring everywhere but on the trail.     

an abuse of power for sure 

Those "O Dots" on the Seguin are hard core dickheads. I have encountered them before, in a radar trap in the middle of a mile long straightaway.They are sucking the life out of the sport. Moving radar?! That's over the top. I can see having a radar trap in a sensitive area close to populated zones, etc., but this is pure revenue gouging by the Sheriff's men in Sherwood Forest. I would fight the ticket, asking for disclosure of the officer's notes, equipment calibration, including the date, was it snowing, was there anyone behind you - you know the drill... If anything, it will keep those parasites off the trail and harassing other sledders for the day. 87 kph on the Seguin is NOT unreasonable! BTW, I am not anti cop as I have encountered OPP out of Minden and couldn't meet nicer people.

Those "O Dots" on the Seguin are hard core dickheads. I have encountered them before, in a radar trap in the middle of a mile long straightaway.They are sucking the life out of the sport. Moving radar?! That's over the top. I can see having a radar trap in a sensitive area close to populated zones, etc., but this is pure revenue gouging by the Sheriff's men in Sherwood Forest. I would fight the ticket, asking for disclosure of the officer's notes, equipment calibration, including the date, was it snowing, was there anyone behind you - you know the drill... If anything, it will keep those parasites off the trail and harassing other sledders for the day. 87 kph on the Seguin is NOT unreasonable! BTW, I am not anti cop as I have encountered OPP out of Minden and couldn't meet nicer people.

well said 

Archived