Family Day Weekend Loop Advice

aar0n

Looking for 3 or four good loops to do this weekend. I've run out of ideas as I've been almost in every direction. 

I'm currently thinking the loop up through Huntsville, Kearney, Emsdale, Sprucedale, Port Sydney, Baysville. I want to try the seguin and explore areas west of port. I will be doing this Friday. 

The second loop I'm thinking of is going down to Bracebridge and Gravenhurst. Never been near there so don't know if the trails I selected are good choices? 

Honestly, I'm open to anything. If people have suggestions of things to see or trails to avoid/take that would be great. 

post-23341-0-13424000-1392213950_thumb.png

post-23341-0-10152600-1392214675_thumb.png

Looking for 3 or four good loops to do this weekend. I've run out of ideas as I've been almost in every direction. 

I'm currently thinking the loop up through Huntsville, Kearney, Emsdale, Sprucedale, Port Sydney, Baysville. I want to try the seguin and explore areas west of port. I will be doing this Friday. 

The second loop I'm thinking of is going down to Bracebridge and Gravenhurst. Never been near there so don't know if the trails I selected are good choices? 

Honestly, I'm open to anything. If people have suggestions of things to see or trails to avoid/take that would be great. 

Aaron, I would do the route you suggested, there will be alot of traffic around Gravenhurst with the PETA ride on Saturday... If you go to Kearney go see the ice caves..very cool..

Nunz

Aaron, I would do the route you suggested, there will be alot of traffic around Gravenhurst with the PETA ride on Saturday... If you go to Kearney go see the ice caves..very cool..

Nunz

Thanks. Maybe I will do the kearney loop saturday and bracebridge/gravenhurst friday to avoid traffic. 

lots of traffic this weekend, and everyone and their brother with a sled, has monday off. ride carefully. Ski

Have a great ride Aaron. be safe my friend...Skidooboy is right, there will a ton of people out this weekend... calling for 3cms of snow on Friday...conditions will be good.

Nunz

Sorry about that...lol...

Does anyone know the actual routes to be taken by the PET and Poker runs?

I would like to know that as well. what about the member who started the sled giveaway? Im prty sure hes organizing it

As in past years with the possibility of routes changing at the last minute for one reason or another, we generally wait until the evening before the event or the morning of, to confirm our routes.

As in past years with the possibility of routes changing at the last minute for one reason or another, we generally wait until the evening before the event or the morning of, to confirm our routes.

OK, thanks. That makes sense.

That is correct with lots of yellow on the trails we will have to pick our routes carefully.

That being said we will have three different groups going in three separate directions so our impact should not be too crazy this weekend

That is correct with lots of yellow on the trails we will have to pick our routes carefully.

That being said we will have three different groups going in three separate directions so our impact should not be too crazy this weekend

great idea spreading things out. hope everything goes well.

If you head up Kearney way , try some of the 80 series feeders they are nice , good way to go if the trails are getting pounded , stay on the back trails as the traffic will be off the wall 

If you head up Kearney way , try some of the 80 series feeders they are nice , good way to go if the trails are getting pounded , stay on the back trails as the traffic will be off the wall 

Will it be bad friday am? 

Aaron you should be in school Friday am.

Fri will be great ,everything will be groomed up for the weekend , we should be out that way also , going up D to edgewater or Kearney legion fpr lunch and back down through the 80 series to Pt Sydney 

Fri will be great ,everything will be groomed up for the weekend , we should be out that way also , going up D to edgewater or Kearney legion fpr lunch and back down through the 80 series to Pt Sydney

see ya on the trails! the legion is great

Declare your own "snow day" aar0n!

Friday we are heading similar way....up D first before it gets beat up....then over to my doe lake shortcut and up to burks falls and continue on to Lake Bernard and Sundridge(already been to Sand lake twice this season and hate repeating too often)  

Stop for fuel and food Sundridge then head across hwy 11 over to Magnetawan and back down 711  then 80s home if D is tore up.

Dan

post-23178-0-76861100-1392340499_thumb.jpg

Friday we are heading similar way....up D first before it gets beat up....then over to my doe lake shortcut and up to burks falls and continue on to Lake Bernard and Sundridge(already been to Sand lake twice this season and hate repeating too often)  

Stop for fuel and foo Sundridge then head across hwy 11 over to Magnetawan and back down 711  then 80s home if D is tore up.

Dan

You think D will get torn up friday???

Saturday a larger group, and we are considering heading to Haliburton for a late lunch, then we have the option of running lakes home if things go to crap on trails with all the traffic.

Dan

You think D will get torn up friday???

well....im guessing by days end it wont be super flat anymore, more due to TEMPS then traffic....it will be mild.  

Sat/sun will be cooler temps but more traffic...D takes a beating all the time, why 80s rock

Loop across seguin after you gas up at the shell in sprucedale over to 83 south near fern glen rd..its tight/twisty but always smooth and fun, left on 81....then left on 85.... straight down to 82 down to vernon....there are some parts of 81 and 85 that are just awesome and wide/fast!

Dan

Archived