Parking on shoulder???

Baylaker

Hi guys & gals, I'm new to the site and was just wondering if anyone knows the rules about parking on the shoulder of any roads, or if there is such a rule. Just don't want to get towed! Thanks for any info!

The answer changes depending on what class of highway it is, and in which municipality, and wether or not snow removal is planned.

So, where are you thinking of, specifically?

Hi guys & gals, I'm new to the site and was just wondering if anyone knows the rules about parking on the shoulder of any roads, or if there is such a rule. Just don't want to get towed! Thanks for any info!

They park on the shoulder of Marden road at the trailbed ( a Wellington County road) and have for a few years. Never heard of anyone getting ticketed or towed.

They park on the shoulder of Marden road at the trailbed ( a Wellington County road) and have for a few years. Never heard of anyone getting ticketed or towed.

Is that the one near conestoga lake as the trail heads down that road? Trailers park in three kind of a dead end?

Ya I actually drove by marden trail today and have seen guys park there before. I was thinking of parking on hwy #9 in between aurthur & orangeville. It's plenty wide enough, just a little weary about it.

Park by the fire hall in grand valley. Its just north of hwy 9 and right next to the trail. Lots of space and no worries of getting towed or ticketed. I'd also recommend going west on the B109 if it opens up and go north past the luther marsh. Still lots of snow here, trails might be icy but we've gotten some fresh snow the last few days

Ok thanks guys, appreciate the info. I've actually changed my staging point to teviotdale gas station/truck stop. Going out tomorrow, let's hope for a good ride!

• 2 weeks later...

there was a aggregates company pick up truck parked on the shoulder in orton today to unload the sleds no more then five feet from the trail entrance, and left the truck there, the only problem is they didn't pull far enough up the road so when crossing the rd you could not see around if there was any cars coming.

Ya it's the little things like that that can be bad for others if there not careful. Makes ya wonder what people are thinkin sometimes...

Archived