NO GAS AT FLAME LAKE

Elliotgroomer

There will be no gas available at Flame Lake Lodge this winter due to compliance issues. This government and the inspectors are totally out of control and doing their best to shut down snowmobiling.

No GAS at FLAME lake ?  I should hope not, the results could be catastrophic !!!

:lmao:

Elliotgroomer

if you leave Chapleau no gas until black creek ???? how far is the next fuel stop we always stopped there for fuel 

(. The nearest is in Chapleau 100km to the north of us and Black Creek Outfitters 85km south of us.)

are these distances correct ??? if so that is about 114 miles between fuel stops 

zrtkat should be able to make that I am hoping

those mileages are correct. it would be advised to verify your sled mileages BEFORE trying to go much over 100 miles on one tank.

a wrong turn, an over fueling issue (rich jetting or fuel map on efi), a chipped reed, a motor, clutching issue, deep fresh snow on the trail, or not getting the sled TOPPED UP TO THE GILLS prior to a long fuel stop, would not end well. even warm weather, and or extreme cold temps will reduce fuel mileage. might be worth carrying a 2-3 gallon reserve can. you might not need it BUT, if you dont have it, you cant use it.

if something were to happen in black creek, you would bet the algoma district would be in jeapordy, except for day riding from major towns with fuel. Ski

we have a thread going on the TSSA situation in the main fourm. it has mention of the problems in algoma and other areas. DONT PASS UP FUEL. Ski

Elliotgroomer

if you leave Chapleau no gas until black creek ???? how far is the next fuel stop we always stopped there for fuel 

(. The nearest is in Chapleau 100km to the north of us and Black Creek Outfitters 85km south of us.)

are these distances correct ??? if so that is about 114 miles between fuel stops 

That is about right on the mileage between Chapleau and Black Creek.  The trail running south out of the airport was a little longer than the one next to the Hwy.  Not sure what will be groomed this year, but I always take the Hwy as it is faster and uses less fuel.

Your sled will make that unless there is a big snow or something crazy, but older sleds may have an issue.  From Black Creek to Elliot is not a problem, but don't pass up gas at Black Creek.  (No gas at Aubrey Falls a couple miles north either.) 

I had no problem from Goulais River to Black Creek either!  (130 miles)

zrkat, you should be fine. I have done over a hundred miles multiple times this year and still had a couple gallons left with a similiar sled. Low fuel light is on at about 100 which is unnerving but like I said we always made it.

I am following the other thread also, very concerning about the regulations affecting the small operators that we snowmobiliers rely on and I am sure they need us to support them in the winter as well. I do not have a magic solution, wish I did, just saying it stinks.

Jim

wait till they find the fuel stop at the canyon. that will end the canyon riding. damn govt trying to protect us from ourselves, and make a buck doing. Ski

Ski, gonna delete the above post, lol.

The ring of snowmobile trails is certainly going to shrink if 'one rule' applies to all. Wonder if an operator can 'opt out' or 'assume responsibility'. TSAA governs everything from elevators to fuel tanks. Wouldn't want an 'opt out' on an elevator ..... but a tank in a remote area that's up to some minimal standard (ie double lined with basin)?

FYI - where the frig are regulations regarding railway tankers being a substitute for a pipeline? Should've known something was up when Warren Buffet bought a railroad in the U.S. last year. The railroad madness will continue but ... fill up a snowmobile in northern Ontario? Getting tougher and tougher.

If fuel has been delivered by a distributor they will get to you sooner or later. 

I hope they have always hauled their own fuel up there.

zrkat, you should be fine. I have done over a hundred miles multiple times this year and still had a couple gallons left with a similiar sled. Low fuel light is on at about 100 which is unnerving but like I said we always made it.

I am following the other thread also, very concerning about the regulations affecting the small operators that we snowmobiliers rely on and I am sure they need us to support them in the winter as well. I do not have a magic solution, wish I did, just saying it stinks.

Jim

Jim

thanks for the information a little nervous about mileage on my new sled ,will have more gray hair after this trip worrying about gas stops etc lol

we have a thread going on the TSSA situation in the main fourm. it has mention of the problems in algoma and other areas. DONT PASS UP FUEL. Ski

I believe the proper phrase in the north is "Don't pass Gas".

Get it right...

whew! pardon me... someone light a match :D    Ski

If that aint bad enough - we met extended family at a state park on Sunday, and my uncle told me to "sit here" and then after I was setting there - he said that was a good place (next to the doorway) to break the wind for him. 

"Sure - I can help you out with that!"  :lmao:

Archived