OFSC contact information

brucebob

On the ofsc site there is no email or phone # for the head office. Only for the districts.

Why not?

There is a address posted on there website.Can you walk into head office?

Why would they want us to bother the district-clubs volunteers for issues not related to them, that they can do nothing about?

Can someone tell me why?

Can we get a email address and phone # for them?

My understanding is that this was done as a cost cutting measure.  Since there are quite a few less staff at the Barrie office they no longer have the personnel to field incoming calls and now leave it up to the districts to speak to people.  All the club executives and the district still have numbers to call.  

The OFSC office is set up to service the clubs and districts,  The public is expected to be served by the clubs.

No receptionist @ head office for a year or so now. Entry only by appointment. 

You might want to try this addy:

contactinfo@ofsc.on.ca

It worked in 2011. If anybody tries it, let us know if it still works.

On the ofsc site there is no email or phone # for the head office. Only for the districts.

Why not?

There is a address posted on there website.Can you walk into head office?

Why would they want us to bother the district-clubs volunteers for issues not related to them, that they can do nothing about?

Can someone tell me why?

Can we get a email address and phone # for them?

What issue are you having that are not related to you're club/district that they can not help you with?

The reason I contacted the OFSC was that I had no contact info for Dist' 16 @ the time. Their map differed from the OFSC Trail Guide. I wanted to know which was correct.

The issue of how trail permits are sold or not sold.

Example.... not being able to buy trail passes at the snowmobile show....Had the money in my hand to buy passes........forget the online sales...

In a earlier tread i stated that i went to the show to buy 3 trail passes.

Because it was online only i came home with 0 passes.

What was the ofsc thinking.........................

As some of you have stated there is no reception and a locked door......Not very customer friendly.

It sounds like give us your money ...............then get lost..

Example.... not being able to buy trail passes at the snowmobile show....Had the money in my hand to buy passes........forget the online sales...

As some of you have stated there is no reception and a locked door......Not very customer friendly.

Your district has an open office to the public staffed with people willing to help better yet your club is made up of passionate sled heads. The OFSC seems challenged to address club questions let alone the public and we cannot afford more staff. 

Your district has an open office to the public staffed with people willing to help better yet your club is made up of passionate sled heads. The OFSC seems challenged to address club questions let alone the public and we cannot afford more staff. 

I'll second that... you local district or club are much better equipped to answer your questions in almost all cases. There are so many variables from one club to the next and a number of consistencies across all clubs

I'll second that... you local district or club are much better equipped to answer your questions in almost all cases. There are so many variables from one club to the next and a number of consistencies across all clubs. Try contacting "customer service" for the large banks at the corporate level for example. In almost all cases I have seen you are referred back to the branch manager other than help with online banking.

There are a couple things, one is there is no human element, screwing up which club your permit money goes to, and second, the permit info is automatically entered into the PTS system , saving valuable volunteer time for something else.

I guess the one thing that could be done and it can be debated on at the AGM, we could look at selling the $210 permit at the show and have it cash and carry. I guess first we need to see if we are going to still offer the early, early permit.

Sorry to hear you are so upset with this, it is very hard to find a system that pleases everyone.

Archived