More Stupidity

revrnd

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that clip from a rally car race? Night and ice stage?

Sure wasn't a sled., or the driver would have been over the bars and sled impailed in the cars front end.

yeah i agree

video says it was a sled but who knows

That was a Rally car. I've seen that clip years ago from a Euro Rally. At least 5 years old

Not only not a sled but it was a single lane road! Rally cars also have a dozen or so lights on them to light up the road as if it was daylight. Looks like someone was on a section of road they where not supposed to be on!

I love riding at night easy to see if anything is coming the other way. Two lane road would be perfect as you can see the lights of oncoming vehicles. I ride on roads all the time. Its how I get to half my freinds houses and how they get to the OFSC trails. In fact every time I leave my house I ride a kilometer down the road to get to a ditch trail I ride a few kilometers to the lake and then about 5 kilometers to the OFSC trail. Last year we rode about 50 kms of road on our way back from Manitoba to make sure a freind made it home.

Running the road is a normal practice and has been going on since snowmobiles where invented.

Not excusing the details of the video, but how many collisions have occurred on roads where someone does hit a moving or parked vehicle on a road? A lot. One fatal last year near Uxbridge comes to mind. Sledder hit a Ford pickup w/ a plow on it.

You half to be careful. Snow banks get built up & car drivers have to "poke" the vehicle out to look for oncoming traffic. I saw a driveway a week ago where a small car was pulled into a driveway about 1 car length. The snow banks were high & I could imagine them backing out to leave. Bad news for a sled, even 1 doing a safe speed.

The tragedy continues... news just showed a snowmobiler injued on a trail near Hwy 27 in Thornton. They had to go down the trail to get to him. Few details but it was a 911 call for sure.

Couple of broken ribs and a twisted sled from what I hear.  I would be surprised if this one gets anymore attention other then just being a 2014 sledding statistic.

Wish people would slow down 

Wish people would slow down

Completely agree! It is just too easy to go fast on modern snowmobiles...which is a VERY bad thing. It makes me so mad when disrepctful people roar down the trails nit even their side and ruin it for peopme who take it easy and share the trail

Completely agree! It is just too easy to go fast on modern snowmobiles...which is a VERY bad thing. It makes me so mad when disrepctful people roar down the trails nit even their side and ruin it for peopme who take it easy and share the trail

Yesterday we rode the old rail line from Waubashene to Midland. Very wide and just a typical rail line... nice and flat. Way too many times I was hugging the right side of the trail and the snocross wannabe's came ripping down the trail dead centre which didn't leave a lot of space between me and them. For some reason they just couldn't move over to where they belong even though we could see each other coming for a good distance.

Yesterday we rode the old rail line from Waubashene to Midland. Very wide and just a typical rail line... nice and flat. Way too many times I was hugging the right side of the trail and the snocross wannabe's came ripping down the trail dead centre which didn't leave a lot of space between me and them. For some reason they just couldn't move over to where they belong even though we could see each other coming for a good distance.

YEP! mx style helmets,motorcross jerseys,handguards,bar risers, low windshields and you've got a snow cross wannabee! Drives me nut, there should be a small snow border half way down the trail that the groomer leaves intentionally

YEP! mx style helmets,motorcross jerseys,handguards,bar risers, low windshields and you've got a snow cross wannabee! 

LOL

We met a guy north of Apsley. McEwen Fuels must be sponsoring a MX or SX team. The "clown suit" was blue & turquoise.

Aftermath of being thrown from sled. Sounds like a bridge abutment jumped in front of rider:

http://www.chextv.com/2014/01/06/bobcaygeon-teen-killed-in-snowmobile-crash/

Car and vehicle accident near Elmvale:

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/fatal-snowmobile-crash-north-of-barrie-1.1626565

snowplow shoots snow over the bridge, creates a hump on the river below the bridge and traveling at high speed you hit that and dangerous stuff happens

been there done that, scary when you don't expect it

too young

snowplow shoots snow over the bridge, creates a hump on the river below the bridge and traveling at high speed you hit that and dangerous stuff happens

Yup, coupled with very flat light conditions the last few days here.

Aftermath of being thrown from sled. Sounds like a bridge abutment jumped in front of rider:

http://www.chextv.com/2014/01/06/bobcaygeon-teen-killed-in-snowmobile-crash/

Car and vehicle accident near Elmvale:

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/fatal-snowmobile-crash-north-of-barrie-1.1626565

From the article, 

the scene is so gruesome that cameras won’t be allowed past a roadblock that’s been set up in the area.

The more of these I read i wonder if it's a lack of training or just plain irresponsible on the operators part.

The more of these I read i wonder if it's a lack of training or just plain irresponsible on the operators part.

The first sled I probably rode as a kid was the old man's '70 Oly 335. My 1st sled was the Elan because all we did around here was boondock. Nowadays, a lot of guys probably get into sledding because their friends are. How much does a 2nd hand 600 LC go for nowadays? Pay for it, jump on it & go. Not a lot of training involved.

I will get alot of hate for this, but I am seriously frustrated with the irresponsibilty of sledders. Go ahead, be a jackass and kill yourself, but dont kill other responsible and respectful sledders in the process.

From the article, 

the scene is so gruesome that cameras won’t be allowed past a roadblock that’s been set up in the area.

A friend of mine was one of the people on scene at the accident near Elmvale. He tells me he has attended many accidents but few as ugly as this one. He has become hardened over the years or so he thought but every now and then there is one so gruesome that he has difficulty keeping it together and not tossing his cookies. He figures this will be one that he will have a few nightmares over.

A friend of mine was one of the people on scene at the accident near Elmvale. He tells me he has attended many accidents but few as ugly as this one. He has become hardened over the years or so he thought but every now and then there is one so gruesome that he has difficulty keeping it together and not tossing his cookies. He figures this will be one that he will have a few nightmares over.

WOW! that is very sad. why was it so gruesome? was he missing limbs or something? 

WOW! that is very sad. why was it so gruesome? was he missing limbs or something? 

Do you really want to know?

Archived