More Stupidity

revrnd

WOW! that is very sad. why was it so gruesome? was he missing limbs or something? 

He didn't go into details.... might have been. When he was new on the job many years ago he went to an accident scene and was handed a bag. He was told whatever you do don't look in the bag. Being real green and cocky he looked in the bag. He tossed his cookies. The accident victim had been put through the windshield and was decapitated.

The sad tragedy is that someone young is dead and a family left behind... most of all a parent should never have to bury their kid. It's just not right. Especially when it is avoidable.

Damn.. these first responders that arrive on the scene... you couldn't pay me enough for what some of them have gone through. Especially those that are in volunteer fire departments.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask yourself this . If this was your loved one would you want any of that published anywhere including here. I have attended many fatal accidents it is never neat and tidy. We should not be discussing any details whatsoever

Ask yourself this . If this was your loved one would you want any of that published anywhere including here. I have attended many fatal accidents it is never neat and tidy. We should not be discussing any details whatsoever

Thank you

You're right Bill.... that's why I didn't ask for details. Are you gettting the snow that is going through Midland Port Severn MacTier... apparently about 8 cm per hour

You're right Bill.... that's why I didn't ask for details. Are you gettting the snow that is going through Midland Port Severn MacTier... apparently about 8 cm per hour

I am! 40-70cm expected today and tommorow. But then rain on sunday :( :(  :angry-smiley-005:

I am! 40-70cm expected today and tommorow. But then rain on sunday :( :(  :angry-smiley-005:

A tiny bit of light rain on top of all of that snow won't really make much of a difference and that is also a very long way off.... by then it could be coming down as even more snow.

I'm worried it's going to be a wet mess down here Saturday. Wishing it would stay as snow

I'm worried it's going to be a wet mess down here Saturday. Wishing it would stay as snow

I know :(

Ontario Provincial Police News Portal [Corporate Communications GHQ] OPP REPORT FIVE FATAL SNOWMOBILE COLLISIONS SO FAR THIS SEASON 2014-01-08

FROM: Highway Safety Division                                            DATE: January 8, 2014

OPP REPORT FIVE FATAL SNOWMOBILE COLLISIONS SO FAR THIS SEASON

OPP Reminding Snowmobilers to Ride Safely

In the wake of five fatal motorized snow vehicle (MVC) collisions that have occurred in Ontario since the start of the season, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is warning snowmobilers to exercise caution at all times while out enjoying what should be a safe winter recreational activity.  

All five of these tragic fatalities occurred on roads and the OPP is reminding snowmobilers to always travel at speeds which take into consideration not only their ability as an operator, but also the weather and surface conditions in the areas in which they are travelling.  This is especially important during heavy snowfall, high winds, when snow banks are present and when visibility becomes obscured or is reduced to zero.

The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) provide designated trails that are marked, mapped, maintained and patrolled for the safety and enjoyment of all snowmobilers.  By avoiding closed trails and not riding on roads, lakes, unfamiliar terrain and private property, snowmobilers can greatly reduce their risk of getting into trouble.

Please make safety and common sense important aspects of your preparation and planning every time you head out on your snowmobile

tragic to see numbers like that so early in the season, everyone is just too impatient

Archived