ultramar in pt sydney

white dragon

was by there today & noticed a hi-hoe ripping up the ground...anyone have any info if they might open before the trails open 

was by there today & noticed a hi-hoe ripping up the ground...anyone have any info if they might open before the trails open 

Im heading up to my cottage tomorrow for weekend, will try to see whats going on..i always fuel up there as i am right on mary lake, sure would be nice if they get fuel going for sled season.

Dan

Im heading up to my cottage tomorrow for weekend, will try to see whats going on..i always fuel up there as i am right on mary lake, sure would be nice if they get fuel going for sled season.

Dan

Welcome to the forum.  Is there another location to park and stage from in that area?  I think I saw people parking next to the gas station last winter.

you can still park there just no fuel

ok. are you planning to ride from there this winter?

yes...great riding from there...just have to fill up before you get there now

I hope you're right about this, as it is certainly a convenient place to drop a sled and get onto some nice trails.

I wonder if the parking lot will still be plowed, though?

Yes I saw it today. They are starting the foundation pour now. Sign says new ultramar and variety store coming May 1st.

Dan

post-23178-0-64530500-1385697570_thumb.jpg

They do plow next door still I think. Lots of vehicles and

School buses there always.

Another pic of guys working on foundation today.

post-23178-0-41192100-1385697801_thumb.jpg

They do plow next door still I think. Lots of vehicles and

School buses there always.

Another pic of guys working on foundation today.

A lot of sledders park on the local road on the opposite side of the highway. The road is parallel to the highway and the trail runs along the east side of it.

Rockerdan,

I'm on Mary Lake too. This is our first winter there. Please let me know how much snow is there after you see it on the weekend.

I have used the Ultramar in the past when we drove up to the area. It will be great to have it open for next year given that it is near home base!

I live in Huntsville and drive past the Ultramar everyday, There is maybe a couple of inches of snow on the ground at present...Hope to see you out there soon.

Nunz

there is a bit of parking sometimes at the the groomer building south of town , its good when mary lake isnt ready ,and to avoid the road rash

going through town ,gets you to the baysville ,dorset area in early season , the TCPL has also just finished filling in a major washout on D coming into Pt Sydney by Smiths Gulf , Im 5 mins south of Pt Sydney , trying to talk the teenager into getting a exterior web cam set up for the winter :confused:

Archived