1971 Sno Jet Super Jet....My New Ride..lol....

Diceman

After a 16 year search I finally found my 1971 Sno Jet Super Jet 396 Wide Track...only second one in Canada that I have seen for sale....I beleive now that its a real rare sled after 16 years of looking.......its complete and runs.....watch out on the trails boys..lol...Cheers Diceman

post-21067-0-74250100-1378855781_thumb.jpg

post-21067-0-86642900-1378855900_thumb.jpg

post-21067-0-66507300-1378855950_thumb.jpg

Sa-wEEETTT !!!!   Never seen a sled with shackles at the front of the leaf springs though, that's an original idea !

Neat!

They are a deluxe sled ...Are they equipped with the 396 Yamaha engine?

They are a deluxe sled ...Are they equipped with the 396 Yamaha engine?

yes, it has the 396 Yamaha engine.....

Thanks I got it 27 HP. I was on a 18 HP moto ski back then and thought it flew. Your snojet looks real good and has all the parts by the look . I like the wide track, makes for a smooth ride.

Nice sled. Now I wished I would have kept my 1974 polaris tx 440. It had twin pipes stock from the factory and was a head turner. I blew the engine and sold it for parts. I miss the simple sleds.

Nice sled. Now I wished I would have kept my 1974 polaris tx 440. It had twin pipes stock from the factory and was a head turner. I blew the engine and sold it for parts. I miss the simple sleds.

the first sled i remember riding on was my dads 1977 TX 440, really cool looking machine.

I've had a few TX's.  REALLY miss the 340 1978 I had.  Went to a drag one winter in Virginiatown, it was -32 celsius.  Remember them old free-airs loved their cold air .... beat a 400 Indy with a pipe by about 3 or 4 lengths .... apparently that sled got sold promptly after the race .... 

Yeah, Old sleds are better for the fun and simple factor.  I love my '90 Cheyenne for just this reason, single carb, narrow, leaf springs, nothing complicated.  Just love it for home-made bush trails with the kids.  Our 9 year old started running it last winter, he does really well with it and it's easy to control.  Easier than a Tundra, believe it or not.

I've had a few TX's.  REALLY miss the 340 1978 I had.  Went to a drag one winter in Virginiatown, it was -32 celsius.  Remember them old free-airs loved their cold air .... beat a 400 Indy with a pipe by about 3 or 4 lengths .... apparently that sled got sold promptly after the race .... 

Yeah, Old sleds are better for the fun and simple factor.  I love my '90 Cheyenne for just this reason, single carb, narrow, leaf springs, nothing complicated.  Just love it for home-made bush trails with the kids.  Our 9 year old started running it last winter, he does really well with it and it's easy to control.  Easier than a Tundra, believe it or not.

hey Denis, did you ever go to the drags at longlac?

No, I wasn't familiar with the area up here and was so broke I couldn't pay attention.  Wouldn't even consider it in this area, people have too much money and everyone's gotta be da man with the fastest chit.  They'd just look down their nose at you ....

What a great find! Will definitely look out for it on the trails this year.

This month's issue of On Snow Magazine (Jim Urquhart - "Time Machine) did a feature on a 1972 Moto Jet 290. Very similar lines, colour scheme from afar.

Your dual headlight beauty is nicer. :)

After a 16 year search I finally found my 1971 Sno Jet Super Jet 396 Wide Track...only second one in Canada that I have seen for sale....I beleive now that its a real rare sled after 16 years of looking.......its complete and runs.....watch out on the trails boys..lol...Cheers Diceman

Nice I had a 1971 Yamaha SW 396 wide track

Does it have 2 headers into a muffler? Or is it a y pipe to a muffler?

Nice I had a 1971 Yamaha SW 396 wide track

Does it have 2 headers into a muffler? Or is it a y pipe to a muffler?

pretty sure it has a y pipe...biggest thing is setting that damm Tiltson Carb..lol...

pretty sure it has a y pipe...biggest thing is setting that damm Tiltson Carb..lol...

The biggest thing to getting a tillotson carb working right is setting the pop off on the needle and seat . This is done with different springs and a pressure pump gauge assy .

The biggest thing to getting a tillotson carb working right is setting the pop off on the needle and seat . This is done with different springs and a pressure pump gauge assy .

never heard of this before..lol....so the video shows the pop off at around 9 to 10 and holding after pop off at around 7, is this the same for all Tiltson carbs?..Thanks

it is a good start but will work well on all but high performance setups

well quessing mine is not high performance..lol...carb number is HD78A....

Archived