broke 5,000 miles today...

rws

5,089 miles (8,190 km) so far for the season with 149.5 hours of run time.

XF1100Mileage_zps93e3ec30.jpg

XF1100Hours_zpsa22fbf3e.jpg

Hi rws,

Nice to see you getting some good riding!

Have you had to get the chaincase cleaned out due to metal fragments sticking to the magnet that makes the reverse swicth read? Seems like I have an issue every 2500 miles and have to clean, change oil, and put it back together. There is no drain plug on mine and if it did, it should have a magnet to hold all that stuff and pull it out when it was drained. Lots of stuff on the speedo magnet too.

Scott

Congratulations!!

Wow, that is some serious riding, I thought I was big time with 2600 for the year!

Also curious on your chaincase magnet reply since I am a new Arctic Cat owner.

well done

I'm lucky to have bronken 500 miles this year yet

I'm lucky to have bronken 500 miles this year yet

I have 585 miles. 65 miles less then all of last year.

Hi rws,

Nice to see you getting some good riding!

Have you had to get the chaincase cleaned out due to metal fragments sticking to the magnet that makes the reverse swicth read? Seems like I have an issue every 2500 miles and have to clean, change oil, and put it back together. There is no drain plug on mine and if it did, it should have a magnet to hold all that stuff and pull it out when it was drained. Lots of stuff on the speedo magnet too.

Scott

Wow, that is some serious riding, I thought I was big time with 2600 for the year!

Also curious on your chaincase magnet reply since I am a new Arctic Cat owner.

haven't changed the chain case oil yet

wow rws your last few years have been amazing thats crazy mileage/kilometerage

are you close to the canadien border?

our conditions are impecable in sask

:icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow:

I live in the northeast corner of North Dakota so am in a position to easily ride trails in Manitoba, Ontario and Minnesota

Here are the 5,089 miles of trails I've ridden so far this season.

RidestoDate02112013_zpscd13238e.jpg

rws,

Glad to hear your sled is working well.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the last cleanout will do it for the year.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you ever ridden in cold temps and seen it ice like mine?IMG_0745.jpg

Scott

rws,

Glad to hear your sled is working well.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the last cleanout will do it for the year.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you ever ridden in cold temps and seen it ice like mine?

Scott

sure have...chipped out 32.6 pounds of ice

2013XF1100TunnelIce2_zps4df03692.jpg

I have a question about the ice build up. My new Vector packs the skid with snow and Ice as well and when riding with Canuck last week, noticed his does the same. Has anyone tried any sprays, wipe on waxes, etc that would release this build up? Have started calling mine Hoover. But would really like to leave some snow for others.

Thanks

My new skidoo does the Same thing. Lots of ice builds up in the long tracks. When I hit a big bump chunks of solid ice usually come out. Wouldn't want to get hit in the head.

I have a question about the ice build up. My new Vector packs the skid with snow and Ice as well and when riding with Canuck last week, noticed his does the same. Has anyone tried any sprays, wipe on waxes, etc that would release this build up? Have started calling mine Hoover. But would really like to leave some snow for others.

Thanks

hey dave

try rubbing wax paper on it

gg

gf

gh

s

or in AC+YA's case nice stalagtite

:icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: again and blowing badly

Wow ! Now thats proffesional snowmobiling!

Proffesional snowmobiling, well I did 310 miles on my 77 Sno Jet 440 SST this weekend...lol....and I think they forgot to put a suspension in it when they made it....lol....Diceman

Proffesional snowmobiling, well I did 310 miles on my 77 Sno Jet 440 SST this weekend...lol....and I think they forgot to put a suspension in it when they made it....lol....Diceman

Good old 433cc Yamaha power or was it Kawi powered by 77?

Good old 433cc Yamaha power or was it Kawi powered by 77?

Yamaha all the way....sure have gone alot farther than I thought I dared....last 2 weekends put over 500 miles on the old gal from New Hamburg.....I always have my kid, friends on standby to come haul my ass home but have not had to make the call yet....its true what they say, preventitve maintance is a good thing..lol....Diceman

Archived