It must've snowed somewhere (Jan 30 / 13)

Canuck

My brother-in-law works in Gogama (South of Timmins). He said it snowed most of the day yesterday. Fresh powder and a good amount.

30+ cm in timmins

30+ cm in timmins

Thanks for the updates.

Great to know that the rain down here was snow up there.

Definitely trailering north next weekend.

I ran into two riders from Kitchener today at the Ski-Doo dealer; they weren't complaining. They had a "OH Crap, what have I got myself into" look on their faces. Trails in Kirkland Lake are A-1 tip-top shape with plenty of snow.

We got dumped on Wednesday! So much snow that my old Yardworks snowblower puked out the auger's worm gear housing. I'm thinking I

might have to strap the new Ariens blower to

the front of the short track Vector just so it won't

get stuck in all that snow.

Maybe time to buy a skidoo.

I ran into two riders from Kitchener today at the Ski-Doo dealer; they weren't complaining. They had a "OH Crap, what have I got myself into" look on their faces. Trails in Kirkland Lake are A-1 tip-top shape with plenty of snow.

We got dumped on Wednesday! So much snow that my old Yardworks snowblower puked out the auger's worm gear housing. I'm thinking I might have to strap the new Ariens blower to the front of the short track Vector just so it won't get stuck in all that snow.

Glad at least someone has lots of snow and will be able to enjoy. Have at it and post some pics when you get back.

The lack of snow and warm weather is a sign of God! This is just his reminder not to take snowmobiling for granted. So please respect the trails and Land owners. He is also punishing a few riders who stay in the middle of the trail without looking in their mirror or pull over to let the other pass. He's also punishing those who modify their exhaust pipes and annoy everybody else with the noise. Please Father, while you're at it, make them understand that a modified pipe will not compensate for their "manhood" shortage.

We will also have very little time to enjoy our passion so that's his a message to increase the speed limit to 70km/h so we can cover more grounds.

Amen

Why is Mexico"s unemployment rate on the rise?

I was looking at a 600 E-Tec Renegade Adrenaline, YUM!

Glad at least someone has lots of snow and will be able to enjoy. Have at it and post some pics when you get back.

After I pick-up the new blower, I'm heading out for a ride. Anyone want to tag along?

Yeah Andre, pick me up at Tim's in Hearst !!!

Amazing that every storm that goes thru the North misses Hearst. Last storm we had, we got an inch, it just blew around instead of snowing. Just like every other storm, it went South & East of us. Chapleau got something like 14 inches, Timmins close to a foot. Cochrane got some too, Kap got less, and us, well, we got the booby prize. Trails are incredibly decent considering though.

We're going out to enjoy the 25mm's of snow we got .... (sounds more impressive than 1 inch !!!)

Nice Trail , Nice Sled , Nice weather , gotta go there

sweet pics of snowy trails...wish i was there

A108Q wasn't groomed but the A trail was.

IMG-20130202-00125_zps116431c2.jpg

IMG-20130202-00129_zpsbe497c17.jpg

Love the kirkland Lake area. Maybe I will head up that way next weekend. Great pics...nice conditions!

Wow, nice pics ! I suddenly feel the need for a road trip ........ haven't seen my parents in a while ....

Wow, nice pics ! I suddenly feel the need for a road trip ........ haven't seen my parents in a while ....

Give me a shout if you come down and want to hit the trails. I'm booked Feb 9 & 10 for a sled trip to Rouyn and Feb 18 (Family day) for another sled trip.

I have a spare sled - '97 Polaris Classic - that you can ride or if the wife doesn't come out, you can have a go at the Phazer.

Thanks for the invite, will keep in mind. You sure got a crapload more snow than us. Glad to see someone's got snow.

Thanks for the northern comfort.

Archived