listowel to port Elgin? And everything in between?

2fast4u

Hey everyone, Our group is looking to ride from Listowel to port elgin this weekend (if trails are open). I know that Port Elgin and some of the areas near there are getting snow. can anyone tell me if Listowel had gotten any snow and other areas like Hanover, Brussles etc? if we half to we will just drive to Port Elgin But hoping to ride and stay for a couple of days. Any info would be great. Thanks.

i wouldn,t hold your breath

I live 40 mins south of listowel. Doubt it, if they got the snow. Streamers haven't Been reaching me yet and normally we get the tail end of them. Probabily not coming this far south west yet.

Streamers are coming in now, visibility is poor at best Not a lot of accumulation yet, but hard to tell cause the wind is moving so much around. Closer to Port Elgin has bee hit harder since yesterday.

Radar shows heavy snow north and west right now.

Faceman reported 27" in owen sound, in two days. Dark north of me now and windy. Hopefully listowel gets hit, so I can ride from there later next week.

I live 10 mins east of Listowel near conestoga lake and the plowed feilds are only partially covered. Need one of those streamers to stop over top of us for a bit.

Thanks everyone for the replies we decided just to drive Port Elgin and head out from there. I hope they open soon.

Thanks everyone for the replies we decided just to drive Port Elgin and head out from there. I hope they open soon.

Any word on the trail status in the Port Elgin area,,I know they got a ton of snow,just wondering if they have had enuff time to

determine trail conditions or if a groomer has been out yet?

I was in Kincardine, Port and South Hampton gor business yesterday. Got hit incredibly hard. Well over two feet in surrounding area of port. I didn't see any signs of groomers on trail crossing. Definitely enough snow to get a lot of the trails open along hwy 21. Toward Hanover, still got hit, just not as hard and looked thin in the fields as I drove through heading home

I was in Kincardine, Port and South Hampton gor business yesterday. Got hit incredibly hard. Well over two feet in surrounding area of port. I didn't see any signs of groomers on trail crossing. Definitely enough snow to get a lot of the trails open along hwy 21. Toward Hanover, still got hit, just not as hard and looked thin in the fields as I drove through heading home

Thanks for the quick reply,,,musta been hell driving around that area the last couple of days,hopefully the groomer will make a pass or two by friday.

Btw..welcome aboard the site.

just to let everyone know that is thinking of heading to port elgin southampton area, that the groomer is not running yet, plagued with problems and has not been running, they are trying to get it going today but you never know what tranny troubles can lead to. but i can tell you we have snow.

Just got this off of facebook on Mailtland Valley Club page (Listowel area)

- groomer is working...trails will not be open Saturday as we have to finish some staking and make sure signage is correct. Hopefully be able to rock n roll for Sunday!!!!

10 minutes ago · Like

just to let everyone know that is thinking of heading to port elgin southampton area, that the groomer is not running yet, plagued with problems and has not been running, they are trying to get it going today but you never know what tranny troubles can lead to. but i can tell you we have snow.

so i guess they wasn't counting on having snow again this yr

Could be a volunteer issue?

Tranny went in the groomer. They are trying to get a replacement transmission. Heard maybe a neighboring club might groom the trails to get them open.

no it`s not volunteer, or thinking no snow again, just the plain old crap happens , they are working hard and doing best to resolve problems.

Durham trails are shown as limited

that whole region is shown limited, heading to owen sound tomorrow for the weekend. probably make the run towards barrie if the trails will let me.

Lucky2, you are such a ray of sunshine..Ports groomer has tranny issues, can't predict that! Not sure whether it will be running by the weekend. They are in the midst of getting a replacement before the weekend, I wish them luck! Everything is going good otherwise, watch out for water in fields folks!!!

call it as i see it, meaning no harm. hope there her going for the weekend, they got some awesome trails in the area.

what transmission is it? is there something i can do to help.

no it`s not volunteer, or thinking no snow again, just the plain old crap happens , they are working hard and doing best to resolve problems.

Good!

Archived