Head up to Shining Tree for a quick ride

3 Bears

Well, the groomer headed South 2 days ago and now I see Sudbury is heading up to us. Hope to see you all this weekend....slow start this year, but I think it is finally here. Fuel won t be in until next week......but we still have Rhonda and Leons shining faces at the gas station in town at Spruce Shilling.........have a great ride and hope to see you all for lunch.

Kelly

Well, the groomer headed South 2 days ago and now I see Sudbury is heading up to us. Hope to see you all this weekend....slow start this year, but I think it is finally here. Fuel won t be in until next week......but we still have Rhonda and

Leons shining faces at the gas station in town at

Spruce Shilling.........have a great ride and hope

to see you all for lunch.

Kelly

Trail will be open from you to the sportsmans as well as heading north to gogoma?

Trail will be open from you to the sportsmans as well as heading north to gogoma?

The groomer went towards Gogama last week.......Gogama is waiting to put a bridge in.....have to talk to Minakwa Lodge to see if it is in.

Kelly,

We'll be up on 2/1. Looking forward to our visit.

PM me, let me know if you have a place for us.

Glad you guys still have time to get together whn you are so busy all the time.

See you soon. Craig.

Not sure but I think that's kinda funny...

Glad you guys still have time to get together whn you are so busy all the time.

See you soon. Craig.

HMMM...thought about that after I read it and posted it......haha

got 8 inches last night....will check what is going on with the groomer.

Sounds like the blue carpet is getting some use this winter :rotflmao:

COLD here and shocked that sledders are heading up for lunch from Sudbury. bbbbbrrrrr. Supposed to warm up Thurs night and keep warming more for the weekend. Will let you know how their ride was.

Kell

Hi Kell at 3 Bears, What's the outlook for C north to Timmins & the A107C towards Elk Lake? There still quite red on the OFSC site. Our group has one of your cabins booked for Feb.6th. We're doing a 5 day loop & there's still a lot of red in our way.

Hi Kell at 3 Bears, What's the outlook for C north to Timmins & the A107C towards Elk Lake? There still quite red on the OFSC site. Our group has one of your cabins booked for Feb.6th. We're doing a 5 day loop & there's still a lot of red in our way.

Hi there

Gogama was grooming Tuesday as far as I know. Waiting to hear more from Goganda on their grooming...I am sure you will be ok by then/ Will keep you posted.

Kell

Well....slow start today...but had a couple big groups for lunch. All said the ride was good, but we need to let the groomer know to put a Shining Tree sign at the ST/Gowganda T. All in all they were all pleassed with the ride and some were heading to Timmins and back here tommorow.

Kelly

As I recall from our mistake last year: If you're headed north on "C" - turn left at the intersection to continue on "C" and to 3 Bears. Right is the start of A107C and will take you to Gowganda.

As I recall from our mistake last year: If you're headed north on "C" - turn left at the intersection to continue on "C" and to 3 Bears. Right is the start of A107C and will take you to Gowganda.

Yup

Last year the C trail got rerouted to the south of the intersection where a right (east) turn leads to Gowganda and a left turn takes you to Shining Tree. As a result, it's a little further to Shining Tree from this intersection, but closer to Gowganda. Real nice run over to Gowganda if you haven't done it, and some good places to stay there.......

Last year the C trail got rerouted to the south of the intersection where a right (east) turn leads to Gowganda and a left turn takes you to Shining Tree. As a result, it's a little further to Shining Tree from this intersection, but closer to Gowganda. Real nice run over to Gowganda if you haven't done it, and some good places to stay there.......

Most of my guys this weekend just came down the 560 once they hit Sandy Lake Road.....lots of snow on the shoulders and it cuts about 20 minutes off the ride into Shining Tree.

You cant beat the hospitality, awesome food and great accommodations at 3 bears! We ride all of District 14 and 15 and 3 bears is the best place to stay by far !!

I think we were the first group to ride the new "C" last year. We zigged at the intersection when we should have zagged, ended up at Auld Reekie, it's along way from the Sportsman to Auld Reekie, about 120 miles. The folks at Auld Reekie and Kelly at 3 Bears were outstanding, we fueled up at Auld Reekie they called Kelly to let her know we were on our way and pointed us in the right direction, Kelly had steaks and beverage waiting. The rest of the night is a blurr as it should be.

These people busted their butts to get "C" open last year, then they looked after us like we were family, this is why we keep coming back.

Thanks to everyone for all of their efforts.

I think we were the first group to ride the new "C" last year. We zigged at the intersection when we should have zagged, ended up at Auld Reekie, it's along way from the Sportsman to Auld Reekie, about 120 miles. The folks at Auld Reekie and Kelly at 3 Bears were outstanding, we fueled up at Auld Reekie they called Kelly to let her know we were on our way and pointed us in the right direction, Kelly had steaks and beverage waiting. The rest of the night is a blurr as it should be.

These people busted their butts to get "C" open last year, then they looked after us like we were family, this is why we keep coming back.

Thanks to everyone for all of their efforts.

Hospitality is great at 3 Bears as well as Auld Reekie, and hats off to all the hard work that was done last year to get the C trail re-opened.

Will be heading up from Sudbury soon!

Got up at 7 and it was 0 degrees out....already at -2 and flurries coming. Have 3 guys on their way up from Sudbury. Will let you know how the trails did over night.

Kelly

Kelly is the reason that 3 Bears is our first trip of the season, every year.

AAAWWWW...stop, I am blushing.....or maybe it is hot flashes from menopause..........wow hitting menopause at 31...lol

Archived