Serious errors on OFSC interactive maps in some areas

FreezerBurnt

Beware when heading out and relying on the interactive map

This was posted on Freedomsledder, could be real dangerous if someone thought the lake was safe or travelled long distances to ride and find out the map was wrong

This is in eastern Ontario

http://www.freedomsledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65106

That's why the OFSC calls it a Guide and not a map.

Anyone that would blindly follow the interactive guide out on to a Lake without looking for a trail maker or something is an idiot.

This is most likely why, you can select trails and create a route on the integrative guide but can't print a route or download it in to a GPS format. They want you to use your head when out on the trails.

That's why I still find it surprising they sell a GPS map of the trail system.

That's why the OFSC calls it a Guide and not a map.

Anyone that would blindly follow the interactive guide out on to a Lake without looking for a trail maker or something is an idiot.

This is most likely why, you can select trails and create a route on the integrative guide but can't print a route or download it in to a GPS format. They want you to use your head when out on the trails.

That's why I still find it surprising they sell a GPS map of the trail system.

100% agree but we all know there are tons of ignorant people out there

Yet there are people that make pretty stupid assumptions all the time. I hear people from time to time that say the ice must be safe because they see sled tracks on the ice. So a 150 lb. kid on a 400 lb. sled rips across at 90 kph and makes it. The 220 lb. guy on a 600 lb. 4 stroke looks and says it must be safe and heads across a couple of inches of ice and 60 kph and doesn't make it.

idiots follow their gps off the road on a regular basis. people get trapped in the mountains on mountain roads that are closed in the winter. you would think snow over the hood on an suv, would be an indication you may want to "re-route" your planned route. people dont even watch the road any more.... they just stare at the gps. STUPID!

Ski

Too many scary stories about people following GPS - got one this weekend up in Kearney following his GPS down Top D looking for Echo Ridge Road :wtf:

Too many scary stories about people following GPS - got one this weekend up in Kearney following his GPS down Top D looking for Echo Ridge Road :wtf:

What about the guy in the suv that got stuck on the trails in Kearny following the gps?? Then the groomer pulled slash pushed him out. Then I heard he was going to sue the club over a scratch in the bumper?? What happened to that nut case?

Trails we rode in Kemptville and around Morrisburg, definitely deserved to be GREEN! I did see tracks across the river at Osgoode on Friday, but no stakes.

Trails we rode in Kemptville and around Morrisburg, definitely deserved to be GREEN! I did see tracks across the river at Osgoode on Friday, but no stakes.

If trails cross waterways be it,lake,river,creek that are not staked they will not mark the trail as green, trails can be perfect either side of the waterway but if you mark it green most will assume the water crossing is safe

The in-laws live in Cornwall, it hasn't stopped snowing there since New Years. Not surprised everything is Green.

I'm finding that the trail guide is getting more and more glitchy on my Ipad app. Sometimes it loads the maps, sometimes not. Sometimes it shows the trails, sometimes not.

I find it sometimes slow in loading the data on Android.

I find it sometimes slow in loading the data on Android.

Having issue's too. The trick is to leave it open, on it's own window. If everyone does this, the whole thing will freeze. Working good for me so far.

Archived