Rain? +temps

polarisracing1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

freezing rain in guthrie right now...roads will be bad

rainin hard in ingersol.l this mornin . how depressing. maybe i should go to my buddies and fire up the sleds. need to smell that 2 stroke parfume

wishing this sunday morning rain was all snow

at least there is dirtrax tv on

i think its the north pole,cause im just havin my cofee this morning,and for the 19th,20 th,and 21st,it s been changing to rain from snow....wow....at least its consistant....consistantly Crap!!!!.....time to get the wheels back on the sled>>>>lol

Well we got some rain and it got to plus 1 and then turned to snow and the temps dropped as well! About 15 to 20cms Id say. The 3/4 ton at work this morning was dragging the diffs in it. Looks like winter finnaly hit. Calling for a couple more cms today and flurries for the next few days. Back into the -20C temps again as well. Now to start opening some of the trails!

Looks like I may have got my Christmas present! I wish you all the same.

Oh and its not global warming anymore that is so yesterday! Its now called climate change! I think its because on the other side of the world its been colder then normal! What ever normal is?

Snow with a little freezing rain in the forecast up here in Kirkland Lake. I moved the car for an hour to snowblow the yard and it was covered with about a half inch of snow when I parked it back in the driveway.

Can I post pics directly to a post or do I have to link to Photobucket?

Looking like a green Christmas here :(

The 20+cm that was in the forcast has all be changed to rain now, they say 3-5cm Christmas Eve but I think that's just a pipe dream.

Can I post pics directly to a post or do I have to link to Photobucket?

You can actually do it either way. There is a limit on how many pictures that you can attach directly, though.

This thread may help. http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10362-posting-pictures-help/

Looking like a green Christmas here :(

The 20+cm that was in the forcast has all be changed to rain now, they say 3-5cm Christmas Eve but I think that's just a pipe dream.

Never follow the Weather nitwits unless you are wanting to know about rain. They are accurate about 90% of the time with a rain forecast..but with snow..more like 10% accuracy.

We had enough snow here 2 weeks ago to play on roads and fields for a couple of days then came the rain. All the snow left. It snowed a couple of times 1 to 2 cm and now it's sleet outside. So the north shore of Lake Superior isn't getting any real snow yet

I'll take this now instead of the thaw in January!

post-19741-0-69360500-1355695538_thumb.p

I'll believe this when I see it!!!!

post-19741-0-69360500-1355695538_thumb.p

I'll believe this when I see it!!!!

90cms in 2 days? You don't want that anyways. Would take a week to groom it so you can ride than by that time a NB rain storm would show up and wash it away on you.

90cms in 2 days? You don't want that anyways. Would take a week to groom it so you can ride than by that time a NB rain storm would show up and wash it away on you.

Well it's kinda unlikely we will see those amounts.........well ok we probably won't see anywhere near those amounts but if it happens that's fine with me. More than likely it will be closer to 40mm of rain with 10 cms of snow.

You can actually do it either way. There is a limit on how many pictures that you can attach directly, though.

This thread may help. http://ontariocondit...-pictures-help/

Thanks! Didn't know about the limit.

im depressed......time to wax the sled again......and polish the wheels!!!!

im depressed......time to wax the sled again......and polish the wheels!!!!

Don't worry we will get snow one of these years bud. I still have 0.6kms on my sled. Was hoping to get some break in miles, but that will have to wait. Heck can I borrow your wheels. Lol

really kicking myself in the head right now for spending 450.00 bux on permits. i know the club needs the start up money but, i really just consider "our" permit money to the club as a "gift", as we mostly ride offtrail, back country crown land, and go fishing.

even if the whole region got snow this week, with christmas, boxing day, new years ect... not many clubs would get trail ready for "limited" until after the new year (and i dont blame anyone wanting to be with family instead of breaking their backs opening up a sled trail for free). so full blown open and good trails would not be listed, till the 15-20th of jan. and we all know by march break, most trails in the mid and south are done. the north and near north may last another week or so after that, and the far north could last as long as april "if the conditions are right".

But, being a "realist" and watching the patterns, i am guessing the season will start late jan and be done for most by march 1st.

this season will be my last buying ontario permits. i cant justify it any longer.

even in michigan and surrounding snowbelt states, you really cant ride anywhere right now, unless you want to travel to the mountain west. generally since 1998 i have been able to spend xmas and new years days on snow with friends and family at home, ontario, or out west. this year will be another late start, and early finish i am affraid. there will definately be rideable and great conditions in most areas, at some point but, how long they last, and how good they are, will remain to be seen.

all we can do is pray for snow, and understand this will be another year cut short by mother nature, and weather patterns. Ski

Hey ski. The last two years have Been brutal in Ontario. This will be the second year in a row that the trails aren't open at Xmas in my area. Good year everything Is open by the 15th of December. Could be a good season still and hopefully will last well into april for a change.

Saw that many, many times while growing up in Greenwood NS. Can remember days we couldn't get out the side door the snow was piled so high against it!

Wow. That is insane.

Saw that many, many times while growing up in Greenwood NS. Can remember days we couldn't get out the side door the snow was piled so high against it!

No.. They changed it!!!

2 to 4 cm on the 27 and 10 to 15 mm of rain on the 28th. Now that's more like it!!

great now theryre calling for snow this friday>>>>and the mayans say the worlds gonna end>>>>>frig it i give up>>>>>>FOR SALE-4 HIGH PERFORMANCE SLED WHEELS .....1ST COME FIRST SERVE....SALE OVER THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!

mayan calender forecast

oh my god its coming.....talk about your snow melt,although with 3000klm wind,could create some epic drifts,if you can dodge the burning meteorites!!!!

Archived