Toronto Snowmobile/ATV Show (2012)

Canuck

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone is enjoying the show!!

Unable to make it with the move date for N.S fast approaching on the 23.

Hey 500, it was a pleasure meeting you. All the best in Nova Scotia.

Are you shipping the new sled up or driving?

Cheers

Hey 500, it was a pleasure meeting you. All the best in Nova Scotia.

Are you shipping the new sled up or driving?

Cheers

Will be shipping it down to N.S. Figure a new sled sitting on back of a trailer at a hotel might be too inviting for some folks of a devious nature..lol

And thanks!

Have a safe trip a best of wishes in your future endeavours, 500.

Very nice meeting you after the show, Izzy.

Didn't check this thread before heading out today (last minute decision). Didn't meet any OCers, but ran into 1 of my old SnowmobileWorld friends. We seem to run into him when we're out in T.O. (last time @ Rock Of Ages when it was on).

Checking my maps & I seem to have missed getting D1 & D5's maps. Were they @ the show? If someone has extras could you PM me? I'll be starting to update my accommodation listings.

Only bad thing was the construction mess on the 401. Stop & go from Yonge to Weston Rd. Fortunately my friend had an alternate route from her place to the Int'l Centre, so that was the last of the 401 for me today.

Will be shipping it down to N.S. Figure a new sled sitting on back of a trailer at a hotel might be too inviting for some folks of a devious nature..lol

And thanks!

Never eat any shellfish caught during a month with the letter 'r' in it. Also, would be interested in hearing any Nova Scotia sledding opportunities if you get out. Have a good trip!

Checking my maps & I seem to have missed getting D1 & D5's maps. Were they @ the show? If someone has extras could you PM me? I'll be starting to update my accommodation listings.

Only maps missing at the show were for district 13. (unless some ran out) Is it possible you can email out your excell database again?

ms. slomo and I did a sweep of district 3 yesterday to check out some places in person (good fries at corner road side stand in Kaladar) and also have many revisions from trips in the summer. I could do revisions on the excell, but to plough through the on-line version is tough. Problem is I just eliminated the ones I wasn't interested/closed/no trail access etc. and nothing to compare to.

Have a safe trip a best of wishes in your future endeavours, 500.

Very nice meeting you after the show, Izzy.

Likewise Canuck, nice to finally meet some fellow OC'ers face to face.

I was an honour to meet the infamous Sledjunk, but I was hoping it would be on the trails.

I want to see the setup that he has on his sled. Met Doo-Dette and picked up my PET stickers.

Hope to see everyone on the trail real soon.

Likewise Canuck, nice to finally meet some fellow OC'ers face to face.

I was an honour to meet the infamous Sledjunk, but I was hoping it would be on the trails.

I want to see the setup that he has on his sled. Met Doo-Dette and picked up my PET stickers.

Hope to see everyone on the trail real soon.

Good meeting you, too. Hopefully we will get to meet on the snow as well.

Great show for me. Met up with a great bunch of people both new and old. D7 ran out of maps on Sunday afternoon. Never happened before. Hope it is a good sign of things to come. Met more first time sledders than I have seen in the past as well. Lots of 12 yr olds getting their licence too. I usually save shopping to the last hour or two of the show. They don't want to take home so you get some real bargains sometimes.

All that is left now is bring on the snow!!!!

Also enjoyed the show yesterday. Certainly came away with a lighter wallet having bought a new trailer, studs a few odds and ends. Even got a few OC stickers from Rosseau Road booth! All in all a good day. Bring on the snow.

Rules are you can't just say you got a new trailer without the details... what did you get?

Enjoyed the show today, first in a few years, lots of great stuff to see. Picked up a Choko jacket for 80 bucks, thought it was a good deal. Got all the maps I need.

Now we just need a lot of the white stuff.

Muskoka Man has the right idea, Cochrane for Chritmas. that sounds like a great idea.

-People at the district booths were quite proud of their areas and with few exceptions could answer questions from prospective visitors about accomodations, food etc. Some local knowledge and recommendations are always helpful when the trend is becoming 'follow the snow'.

-Good to see the pamphlet inserted into the Sudbury and area trail plan maps - detailed good tour information for visitors to the area including where to start, stop, etc. District 1's tours for new comers have always been well documented and there were a few other areas -d5 or d6 - that also suggested some rides in their literature. Of course, this forum has sledjunk and his gps trails.

-The Boost Business in Gravenhurst booth at the show has resulted in potential economic boom for the town! Usually stop for food in G'hurst on Friday evenings and the Subway, being off the beaten path ,was not on our food radar. It will be now however, due to a pamphlet letting me know they support the economy boosting intiative - might even pay full price instead of getting the tuna sub which is the sub of the day on Friday and two dollars off. Good thing I reminded STG that he was supposed to give me free stuff at the booth! ms. slomo is still trying to figure out how to refold the shopping bag.

-somewhere on this forum someone commented that Edgewater Lodge in Kearney didn't have wi/fi and curious I asked the someone at their booth about it, as this place had good reviews last year. Was told they do have wi/fi but don't advertise it to keep 'natural' or something? Hmmm. I guess you ahve to ask when you get there. Seems de rigueur to me these days.

-in reviewing show literature yesterday, came across a print advertisement that explained you could hire for your booth "attractive women who were cheerful and knew nothing about snowmobiling" or visit a website and source "attractive women who knew about snowmobiling" - making no mention of whether they were 'cheerfull' or not. I guess bitchiness is the price of intelligence here. The magazine went out in 'recylcing' somehow yesterday, so never got a chance to check out the website.

Here you go slomo

http://www.backwoodsgirls.com/

As for Edgewater...nice bunch of people. Spent most of the weekend sitting across from them. One of them was telling me that to encourage sledders to buy permits the gas station has a sign up that they will not pump gas into a sled without a trail permit and there isn't much choice for gas there so you better have a permit. Wish more were like that.

They seem to be trying hard to keep their customers happy.

another great weekend at the District 8 booth. Met some new people and lots of fun chatting with old friends. Dinner at Lonestar and then at Tuckers on Saturday was just as enjoyable as it was last year.

Deep frost now wanted, and early snow.......

-somewhere on this forum someone commented that Edgewater Lodge in Kearney didn't have wi/fi and curious I asked the someone at their booth about it, as this place had good reviews last year. Was told they do have wi/fi but don't advertise it to keep 'natural' or something? Hmmm. I guess you ahve to ask when you get there. Seems de rigueur to me these days.

As of last year, they had wifi but it was pretty much limited to the restaurant and close by. I could not get a signal in either the motel units or the cabin. Hopefully they have improved that over the summer

Hey Giddy UP.

Drop by the District 7 booth if you're still late in the afternoon. 02Sled and I will be there 5:00 - 9:00.

Haven't seen you since the last oc.com Ride for Kelly. I did see Maple at last year's Powersports show and hope to cross path's again.

Hey Canuck!! Sorry we missed you - I did drop by the booth - but it was busy when I was there. You weren't there yet :( We left the show most likely when you were arriving. Did meet up with Sledjunk, Ontario F7 and iREVerrent at the show - as well as seeing all my friends including Maple at the Kelly Shires Booth :D .

Good luck to all those that purchased the "pink" tickets - but I am sad to inform you ...that I BOUGHT THE WINNING TICKET! :icon_tongue:

Had some great deals at the Choko booth this year - got a "pink" jacket for $60.00!!! Awesome! Now I am waiting for the snow :icon_snow:

Sorry I missed you Giddy Up

... and Congrats on the winning ticket!

It was great seeing Maple again. I hope that the raffle was a success.

Pretty good show this year. Seems to be alot more people than last. Only downside was no District 13 booth there..Definalty lots to see, and pretty darn good eye candy..

I was planning to replace some decals on the new sled, but the booth was not at the show this year.

Figures!!

Here you go slomo

http://www.backwoodsgirls.com/

We saw that in the program while waiting to buy our tickets. I just checked it & was disappointed :( . I thought it was STG's website :lmao: .

Good thing I reminded STG that he was supposed to give me free stuff at the booth! ms. slomo is still trying to figure out how to refold the shopping bag.

I would suggest that MRS. SLOMO enroll in a Town of Gravenhurst Shopping Bag Re-folding progarm as described in the Town Fall/Winter Recreation Guide.

In the alternative she is more than welcome to attend private sessions at 'Breaking Winds', on the shores of Kahshe Lake near the junction of "D" trails and Snowcrest #4. I would be very interested in having her join my Zumba session too ! ;)

Archived