GET OUT AND RIDE!

Turbo Doo

Muskoka looks warm late next week , might try 1 more trip around Kearney

Get up here!!! More snow forecast tomorrow and Saturday 10cms+ If they are right...this weekend will be AWESOME!!! Lots of snow here and good base - there is at least another week left and maybe more!

my season is about to begin!!!!!!!

warm up, and rain is comming http://www.theweathe...eenday/caon0603

get out while you can Cehy!

ski

was out today for a while gotta say riding around the lake on all th e fresh powder was awesome

Got out today and did some riding. It was great

Enjoy your weekend guys, wish i could head up to Kearney too but my season is over.

been doing tons of riding this winter,and have found great snow all over the place !!! its just a matter of doing some homework,and doing some trailering,and its been an awesome winter done lots of big miles,and been to lots of new places and lots of new trails !!! not had one bad ride this winter

Trail ride Saturday with Mrs.Doonut and Killswitch and then Sunday will be KS's first day to experience some boondocking. She's dying to try riding the out back in some of Dad's secret play places.

Hope for snow, curses on Mother Nature if it turns to rain.

Another awesome ride in Muskoka with Viper and Jonathan from the Marriot.

473ec318.jpg

b027a06d.jpg

Yesterday three of us rode from south of Parry Sound eastt on the Seguin, north on C101, west on 805 across Lake Manitouwabing, contunuing northward on the 800 series trails to C104D for lunch & gas at the Logger's. For anyone who's never been on those 800 trails, you gotta go ride them. The scenery was outstanding! It's a different kind of ride, crossing lake after lake like that, but the lakes are all narrow, so you get to see the cottages, magnificent granite bluffs, Iice formations - there were many "wow" moments. We even came across about 10 deer on the trail, all in a group. We waited while they dispersed into the trees.

The trail conditions were as good as I've ever seen anywhere, relatively not much traffic, very little road running. Highly recommended for future rides.

We returned south on TOP C. Again, fine trail conditions except for one washout just north of the 403 junction. There was a good go-around, but we did see an abandoned Ski-Doo sitting there. The Logger's owner at Ardbeg warned us of the washout and let us know that someone had submerged a sled there.

The final 25 miles was a night-ride down the C bypass. Although we've ridden the bypass before, never at night. Those steep hills up, then down, then up and down over & over again from the bridge southward were exhilarating in the dark.

All in all, except for a couple of short access trails onto or off of the many lakes where a groomer physically wouldn't fit, the trails were well groomed & smooth. If you get a chance yet this season for a ride on those 800 trails, go for it. It was tied with our ice cave loop for best ride of the winter.

How was the service at the Logger's? Hope you weren't subject to the occasional power outages taking place in the area on Saturday. Very high winds. 805 is one of my favourite trails in the area for the reasons you mention.

Did a little tour around those DunAhmic trails today - early Sunday - cold temperatures turned soft waterlogged snow into cement. Saturday evening saw a light snow that added about 2 inches of lube. Camera batteries died early as well, but here are three photos to judge trail conditions in the 800 area.

on Manitowabing

post-19713-0-98626700-1330904361_thumb.j

trail on approach to lake

post-19713-0-01021700-1330904373_thumb.j

over to McKellar

post-19713-0-79570100-1330904385_thumb.j

Would have got nice shot of steam rising off Grey Owl Lake around the bridge...but dang.

New batteries on list for Wawa trip this coming week.

Added on - dug through some sled related archives - shows Pikes Peak which is no longer displayed on the trail maps. On trail 805 south of the junction of c104d there is a sharp turn to the right. Go left and follow the high ground. Good look out.

post-19713-0-22560000-1330908750_thumb.j

How was the service at the Logger's? Hope you weren't subject to the occasional power outages taking place in the area on Saturday. Very high winds. 805 is one of my favourite trails in the area for the reasons you mention.

We didn't have a power interruption while we were there, but Rob (the owner) had to prime the gas pump due to an earlier interruption.

When we arrived in the restaurant, there were 4 other tables, already eating. We did get our drinks in a timely manner, our food took maybe 1/2 hour. We had (collectively) a burger (good but the meat paddy was very small), a Philly steak sandwich (very tasty & I've had Philly steak at Geno's in Philly), and fish & chips. All good, I'll go back, but I'll try to time it as we did this time - mid-afternoon. If you get there while it's busy, you can expect to miss riding time. It's good to have a gas stop up there, though, and you know it's gotta be hard to find good help and run a biz in such a small community in the middle of nowhere.

All told, we left a couple hundred dollars there (three sleds), so I guess we helped contribute to the cause.

Archived