• LOL - no, not for us at all! Way better in terms of scraping down to the gravel all the way to the ditches.......cannot afford any law suites now a days.....
    • Actually sanding is coming back in style for some rural townships for gravel roads. Salt has gotten so expensive and eco unfriendly that sand is looking better. The largest salt mine in the world in Goderich laid off  87 of over 400 workers a few weeks ago due to low demand for salt in the US and Canada. I'm sure the mild winter had something to do with it. They have gone from normally loading 5 Algoma ships a week at this time other years to 1 or 2 ships a week this spring.
    • In a non city storm drain/sewage system, that is ok but, most municipalities have adopted the no sand/dirt on road solutions, to prevent clogging the drain systems, and costly cleaning/repair from using aggregate for winter road treatments. Believe me, I would rather see lightly sanded, over any salt but, with liability, litigation and politics, and the govt trying to save us from ourselves... That isnt possible any longer. Ski 
    • Pack it down hard and just lightly sand it. Way better traction and vehicle control. This wet mushy mess that salt creates is a mess for everyone!
    • Yes and they put that blue chloride salt that works down into minus 30 too. Never had that option years ago. 
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    RobertfuS