Stupid things you do!!!! took out my sled yesterday.

The Groomer Guy

I took out my sled yesterday to pick up the lake markers. like at war... you don't leave anyone behind lol I did a short storie of my adventure with a short video and pictures on my blog... check it out.

Check out my blog and oc.com all summer for stories to help pass the summer time blues.

http://groomerguy.blogspot.ca/

GG buddy... don't risk your life for a handful of markers... don't want to see it on the grave... he died rescuing the trail markers from the lake.

Great job GG. However This concerns me, since if you put yourself and personal equipment at risk to save a few ofsc lake markers. This is crazy. Something has to be done to ensure the smaller clubs like gg, gets enough funding to ensure safe operation of there club. I am sure the ofsc wouldn't back you up if something did happen, since the trail is closed??? Next time please let them float away and we will find ways to get you new ones. Snow and ice really retreated fast this year.

A couple days and you could have gone out with a boat and net and grabbed them..probably float?

perhaps next year let the stakes float to shore instead of risking your safety !

Today I passed by the lake..... half of it is open water now :o we will probly loose all the ones on dog lake now as no time to go get them and I was told the first part of the trail/ lake is gone... nome ice.... so we probly lost like a 100 markers on that section of trails, and we barely had some to stake it all this year....

perhaps next year let the stakes float to shore instead of risking your safety !

yeah.. the thing is that lake is kinda on a river so the stakes would go down river and we would loose them..... I was not expecting to ice to be that much melted... I notice once I was on it.... Don't worry I wont be doing it next year... I wont be having that brain fart again lol.

A couple days and you could have gone out with a boat and net and grabbed them..probably float?

Yeah... like today... more than half of the lake now is open water........ D'oh Stupid me next time use a sea doo

:-o

Man vs. lake usually doesn't end well.

Thanks for getting it done, Luc.

How much are the marker's worth?

Today I passed by the lake..... half of it is open water now :o we will probly loose all the ones on dog lake now as no time to go get them and I was told the first part of the trail/ lake is gone... nome ice.... so we probly lost like a 100 markers on that section of trails, and we barely had some to stake it all this year....

We lost some too just not worth the risk

frig, I've never seen ice melt that fast.... everybody where caught by surprise, the old guys with fish huts never seen this before, some barely had time to pull off the huts. we had a week of temps over 20's 3 of those where 24-25C and with wind.... 3 feet of ice melted in about little more than a week, last year there was still ice on lakes in may here..... quite the change.

for all our sakes,lets hope this piss poor season,does not repeat itself,as thats what the scientists,global study dudes,david suzukis,are saying this will be the norm for the next 10 years or so????hope not..i cant stomach a year like 2012 season again....i could puke

One more season like this and I won't bother with sledding anymore. Got in 1000kms and have been that way for 3 Seasons now. Put 1200km on trailer and truck.

for all our sakes,lets hope this piss poor season,does not repeat itself,as thats what the scientists,global study dudes,david suzukis,are saying this will be the norm for the next 10 years or so????hope not..i cant stomach a year like 2012 season again....i could puke

And they said that this would be a heavy winter theydo not know what they are talking about.

always say being a weather forcaster is the best job cause you can be wrong over 50% of the time and still get paid.

Man Luc that ice looks ugly. I'd call you brave for going out there but since you already agreed it was kind of dumb I'll just leave it alone LOL.

The winter wasn't that bad, sure some places got nothing and didn't even open. And things did end really quick and sooner than some years. But riding here in the eastern part of the province was great. My club never opened but just had to go 20miles north of home and the sleding was great, lots of snow.

The biggest problem this year was the great lake snow machine never got fired up. The good cold weather never cooled the lakes down enought, so when the storms rolled in off the lakes the air was too warm to produce snow and we got rain. Get 40 or 50 miles north of Lake Ontario there was piles of snow.

But ya the week of +20c and warmer was way out of the normal. I rode the bike to work last week. 20th of March, best I have ever done was mid April and than it was only 7 or 8 out. It was +14 at 630am Tuesday when I headed out the door.

I update the blog with some nice pictures today Check it out http://groomerguy.blogspot.ca/ I got some video I did not put up yet and some reports I want to do... so keep on checking OC.com and my blog this summer for some updates, we need something to pass the summer times Blues.... hey if you guys like to ride atvs come on up for a ride, I will take you out for a ride.

Luc, why you be a dumm ass :)

Not worth it.

Gonna get your buddy Paul to kick your ass.

See you in Sept hopefully :)

Archived