who's going up this weekend?

skidooboy

we are pulling out of the ranch shortly, hope to be in dub by 6 pm. ski

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

made it to dub safe and sound. last time i checked the temp before bed, it was 10* faranheight. there is a heavy crust on the snow from the rain weds but, the club had groomed prior to the warm up to flatten things for a long term fix. weds night i switched over to snow and spit a dusting to help. last night it did the same. probably an inch or two total accumulation after the rain.

right now it is 9F, it is only going to be 14-15 faraheight max today, might be tough for those without scratchers even on short lug track till it warms tomorrow.

a warm up is forcasted for sat sunday and beyond. if you are going touring in this area look at the temps you will be comming back to, it could get real sketchy, really fast in the towns. the trails will last with a warm up as long as the sun doesnt beat them down. clouds would help but, dont expect perfect conditions after monday. spring riding is here early. meaning you will be running some pavment, dodging open areas on exposed hills, possible water crossings, running dirt for fuel and lodging ect....

check and know conditions to avoid problems. hopefully mother nature will bless the region with another late colorado low, and give us some more snow to extend the season into the next few weeks. one can only hope.

i will try to update our riding and the conditions everyday while up. ski

Wow, what a crappy march break for sleders. I had a feeling it wasn't going to last this year. We normally ride to the third week here in district 9. Our trails never opened this winter. Oh well always next year. All groomer guys fault, saying there will be great riding until april????

looks like we have some beautifull riding days ahead. Another 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow last night.

Ya Ox it was my neice that won the truck at the fishing derby.

I just got back from our 2013 sled dealer meeting in florida. Now to enjoy the best part of winter. Streets are still totally snow covered from bank to bank in wawa.

Skidooboy (Grizz from BCR), Luc (I am riding with Doug he has been in contact with you.)

Guys what do youy think about this coming week? We trail ride as we have short tracks. Nice to play in the deep once it sets up but we mainly want to trail. We will be leaving sunday early in the morning. 12hr drive. We are used to the mud and low snow conditions, just looking for some descent riding.

Thanks for your honesty....

Nice to play in the deep once it sets up

It wouldn't be "the deep" at that point then would it? :wtf:

Skidooboy (Grizz from BCR), Luc (I am riding with Doug he has been in contact with you.)

Guys what do youy think about this coming week? We trail ride as we have short tracks. Nice to play in the deep once it sets up but we mainly want to trail. We will be leaving sunday early in the morning. 12hr drive. We are used to the mud and low snow conditions, just looking for some descent riding.

Thanks for your honesty....

Don't think you'll have to worry about seeing any mud for a while yet. -18 C outside right now.

Hey Kitty Boy:

You may want to think about buggering out a little early so that you have time to get the yard mowed yet tomorrow...

...and I just saw on the calander that I will lose some sleep tonight?

Worst day of the yr!

I love them 25hr days! :smil9:

we rode yesterday south on the F trail to dog lake, and over to ernie's at missanabbi. ernie wasnt around and unfortunately for us, the young lady that was left to mind the store, wouldnt use the grill to cook any burgers for us.

the lakes are windblown drifted and rough with some slush in some spots. the trails are topped flat with a loose top, and fresh fluff and blowing snow the last 24 hours. there is a good heavy base, and it isnt going anywhere fast unless it gets REAL WARM, and RAINS.

it was to have got up to near 40 today but, with the clouds and high winds, i dont think it ever got above freezing today. we rode the north d108a, there is some road running for approx 8 km's north of dub. right now it has ice on it, with some loose sand/gravel in some spots, with some wind blown fresh snow here and there. without studs the corners are a bit on the sketchy side. a local got a truck stuck just north of the tracks on the trail. have an eye when crossing the tracks heading to hornepayne.

the sun showed itself late in the evening and the wind finally died down. tomorrow they are calling for warmer weather. and forcasted rain on monday and weds. as finndian stated above, the trails wont be dissapearing overnight. there will still be riding for several days.

i will try to update again tomorrow night. Ski

we rode yesterday south on the F trail to dog lake, and over to ernie's at missanabbi. ernie wasnt around and unfortunately for us, the young lady that was left to mind the store, wouldnt use the grill to cook any burgers for us.

the lakes are windblown drifted and rough with some slush in some spots. the trails are topped flat with a loose top, and fresh fluff and blowing snow the last 24 hours. there is a good heavy base, and it isnt going anywhere fast unless it gets REAL WARM, and RAINS.

it was to have got up to near 40 today but, with the clouds and high winds, i dont think it ever got above freezing today. we rode the north d108a, there is some road running for approx 8 km's north of dub. right now it has ice on it, with some loose sand/gravel in some spots, with some wind blown fresh snow here and there. without studs the corners are a bit on the sketchy side. a local got a truck stuck just north of the tracks on the trail. have an eye when crossing the tracks heading to hornepayne.

the sun showed itself late in the evening and the wind finally died down. tomorrow they are calling for warmer weather. and forcasted rain on monday and weds. as finndian stated above, the trails wont be dissapearing overnight. there will still be riding for several days.

i will try to update again tomorrow night. Ski

How far did he get stuck? how far did he make it in? planing to go groom the new section of trail monday morning.

just the other side of the tracks... he was turning around to park to go into esnagi. it is on the left side as you turn left to go to hornepayne. the new bypass trail near km 15 might be tricky with the groomer. where the lake stream flows out, and under the road, would probably open up if the groomer went through the ditch there. might not be a good idea to try that there. i am guessing, the dree road will be bare dirt by the end of the week.

it is warmer this morning getting close to zero already (32* for us u.s peeps), this am. sun is out and bright, and they are calling for temps close to 50* (plus 9c). i will post tonight how the town streets and the trails faired in the sun. ski

Trails fairly firm but a bit mushy south of Wawa town site.Arrived 2 pm today. Got in almost 100 klicks on D and trail 5 south of town - once out on my own and then a few with ms. slomo two up. Supposed to rain tomorrow and possibly during the week so glad I got a bit of a ride in with the warm wind and smell of pines - new experience for sure. Never sledded in sneakers before. Will post a few pics later.

Is London going up to wawa as still as well slow?

I was out ice fishing on Hawk lake today in my t-shirt. Gotta love this time of year. Sure was a lot nicer than the blizzard conidtions we had out there yesterday.

How are the trails handling the warm weather??

Just got back tonight from a trip to Moonbeam from Dub. Did lots of loops too. Went to dinner in Hawk Junction tonight and rode back up to Dub. Great weekend ride to end the season and add another 800+ miles to the total.

Trails were locking up as we rode back from dinner. It is starting to get a bit thin in some spots. If it stays warm and rains, I would think the good riding will be done. If no rain, there will be a little more available.

It was great today everywhere!

we rode north and played a bit on and offtrail. rode with motocross jersey and light gloves all day. got sunburnt on the face and neck. LOL! it had to be near 60 today.

the trails were a bit soft on top but, the base was holding out. met the groomer guy on the town north trail, going out to fix up the bypass.Grizz and his gang showed up from Wisconsin. they were kind enough to leave some cheese curds from their homeland for us. if the base can hold out through the rain and warm for the next few days, and with some luck, a few snowflakes fall, there may be a week or so more riding. maybe longer if the right conditions happen.

as ac-ya stated, the trails set up hard after dark. the scratchers were having a hard time kicking up snow and ice after 900pm. i am keeping the faith there will be trails to ride in 2 weeks. time will tell. i want to thank Luc, Big Reg, Gord and Russ Jones, Nicole, and Alain from chez gaston, and the towns of dubreuilville and wawa for the great trails, and hospitality. we had an Awesome 3 days here. Ski

Glad you had a great time ski. It was warm here too today, hit about 55 F. Suppose to be warmer tommorrow. I think luc will be closing the trails by the end of the week. Suppose to be in the mid 60's during the day and low 40's some nights with only a few going below freezing in the next week. End of April weather already. Maybe next year will be a longer season. It least wawa started in December, so they had a good run.

Had bugs here last night .... tsk.gif

Heading south on 75 now, great weekend to end on. Got rained on a bit Monday but mostly held off. Trails were great, rode trail 3 five times thanks for opening that gord. The critters were happy to see spring arrive, wildlife was everywhere. Lots of lynx, otters,grouse, squirrels, and a friendly beaver we past three days in a row right on the trail

Heading south on 75 now, great weekend to end on. Got rained on a bit Monday but mostly held off. Trails were great, rode trail 3 five times thanks for opening that gord. The critters were happy to see spring arrive, wildlife was everywhere. Lots of lynx, otters,grouse, squirrels, and a friendly beaver we past three days in a row right on the trail

Nothing like a friendly beaver to put a smile on your face :lol:

glad you had a good last ride as well nathan. i hope the wisconsin boys are having a good time. they stopped by sunday night, and dropped off some original wisconsin cheese curds for me. lynne and i snacked on them on the way home. it was very much appreciated.

we stopped and talked to Gord and Russ at Jone's for a bit yesterday. we arrived at home about 11pm last night. sucked to go back to work today. and sucked even more looking at the forecast for here and there knowing we are probably all done UNLESS they get a wild late colorado low and fires things back up. i have saw this before, and we can all hope for it again.

i am really bummed i never got my ernie burger this season. and more bummed i have to wait another year to fish on Esnagi. Ski

Stick a fork on it, it's game over already. Gas prices are on the rise anyway's. Grrrrrrrrrr hopefully will last until April next year.

I'm hoping that your Colorado Low hits Colorado!

Planning on west in a few weeks.

Starting in Colorado and chasing the temps N untill we find snow. :snow-141:

...at least that's the plan...

western rockies are forecasted for 10 days of snow. we are thinking about going out for easter. we had north plans for the last weekend of pickerel but, it doesnt look like that is going to happen unless i want to take the boat. :icon_doh:

Archived