Arctic Cat Recall (2012's)

Canuck

Those affected will get recall letters, but 'heads up' if you have one of these listed:

Arctic Cat has voluntairlly recalled 19,000 of its 2012 F, XF and M model snowmobiles, due to a potential loss of steering control, says the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

According to the commision's website, the lower steering tie-rod attachment can loosen and cause loss of steering control, posing a crash hazard.

Arctic Cat has received four reports of incidients, including one complete loss of control. No injuries have been reported.

Models affected by this recall are: F800 LXR, F1100 LXR, F800 Sno Pro, F1100 Turbos, F1100 Sno Pro/Limited/50th, XF800 LXR, XF1100 LXR, XF800 Sno Pro High Country, XF1100 Turbos, XF100 Limited/50th, M800, M1100, M800 Sno Pro, M1100 Sno Pro/Limited/50th, M800 HCR and M1100 Turbos.

All variations of color and model features of the models listed are included in this recall. The model name is indicated on the side of vehicle, in the registration materials and owner's manual.

These snowmobiles were sold nationwide from May 2011 through December 2011 for between $10,500 and $14,500.

Consumers should immediately stop using these snowmobiles and contact their local Arctic Cat snowmobile dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair. Arctic Cat has notified owners of these snowmobiles directly by mail.

More info: Contact Arctic Cat at (800) 279-6851 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit the firm's website at www.arctic-cat.com.

first year platform.... no different than the firecat. it's first year in 2003 they had over 30 bulletins, and repairs on that model. but they refine them every year and make them better. ski

at least they fix the problem asap...polaris should take note...

perhaps they should not copy BRP's design,apparently they take you court for that sort of thing

I wonder if they will count sue for the cost to fix the recall, saying the BRP draws they stole had a defect that caused AC all these recalls.

I wonder if they will count sue for the cost to fix the recall, saying the BRP draws they stole had a defect that caused AC all these recalls.

That's funny.

Same thought I had when I read Of7's post.

• 5 months later...

When you use a Chinese translator to look at the BRP drawings..make sure he has an engineering degree..not a degree of enginear-ing.

At least the engines aren't flying apart. Locktite the steering nuts and you are good to go. That is all they are going to do, but they will use red not blue.

wrong generation of chassis that guy was just incompetent

Someone hit lmv on the lake? Was he ok afterwords? I have almost been hit too, have to watch those crazy lake runners.

Someone hit lmv on the lake? Was he ok afterwords? I have almost been hit too, have to watch those crazy lake runners.

Wrong Rick. Nutter was hit on an lake during the PET ride last febuary. At least the guy maned up and did the right thing.

Arctic Cat is not the only one that has had problems with there sleds.....

Yup! They all do!

Archived