Ski Doo Demo ride

Bearcat_w

We had 5 days of demo rides scheduled at the Sno Voyageur groomer shed in Barrrie this week. No snow. No open trails.

Today I got a nice call from BRP corporate, presumably in the US as the tour started there. The nice lady informed me Barrie had been cancelled, but wanted to know if I was interested in booking at the relocated site. - Thunder Bay!!

Guess she's never seen a map of Ontario lol.

We had 5 days of demo rides scheduled at the Sno Voyageur groomer shed in Barrrie this week. No snow. No open trails.

Today I got a nice call from BRP corporate, presumably in the US as the tour started there. The nice lady informed me Barrie had been cancelled, but wanted to know if I was interested in booking at the relocated site. - Thunder Bay!!

The marketing company hired by BRP certainly has their heads up their asses. As regards the demo rides, was shaking my head at the choice of Peterborough - no trails proximate to the city that I ever saw.

After purchasing my skidoo this fall, I was sent a follow up survey from JD Power which I usually ignore, but the service department at the dealer was so bad that I gave them some very low ratings and expressive negative comments. Received a card in the mail from a 3rd party marketing outfit thanking me for the positive things I'd said? :crazy:

thats a drag...guess bbq is out too...

It's only 3" away on the map! Lol!

Exactly!...I got the same call today, except my caller was obviously from Valcourt (BRP HQ in Quebec), given her strong French accent.

When I told her Thunder Bay was "only" about a 15-hour drive away, she didn't have much to say, beyond a feeble apology. She did suggest I consider some of the Quebec locations instead...of which there are about 12, compared to 2 in Ontario (!!!) The closest one of those is "only" about a 6-hour drive away.

At least you got invited. They should have done it in Kearney Ontario or hailburton. Will be tough to sell 2013's this fall.

The marketing company hired by BRP certainly has their heads up their asses. As regards the demo rides, was shaking my head at the choice of Peterborough - no trails proximate to the city that I ever saw.

Like I posted in the other Demo Ride thread I have ridden the Rice Lake club's trail that runs on the end of steel @ Peterborough to Hastings. You can also seen the trail markers along Hwy 7 as you head towards Norwood.

That being said that area can have less snow than the Ganny even on good years. Someone really dropped the ball on the planning. Even w/ good snow years, I would consider Barrie & Peterborough "fringe" locations for snow. I've heard people over in Huronia say w/ the way the lake effect snow & streamers can fall, you can have a foot @ 1 concession & bare ground @ the next.

They haven't told me it is cancelled. I wonder if they are going to just let me show up to find nobody there.

Like I posted in the other Demo Ride thread I have ridden the Rice Lake club's trail that runs on the end of steel @ Peterborough to Hastings. You can also seen the trail markers along Hwy 7 as you head towards Norwood.

That being said that area can have less snow than the Ganny even on good years. Someone really dropped the ball on the planning. Even w/ good snow years, I would consider Barrie & Peterborough "fringe" locations for snow. I've heard people over in Huronia say w/ the way the lake effect snow & streamers can fall, you can have a foot @ 1 concession & bare ground @ the next.

Barrie a fringe location? NFW. We routinely sit near the top of the matrix for groomer weeks. Sure, we're low this year like all the south - El Nino year. But we generally have a ton of lake effect snow & great trails.

u o me keyboard :coffeenose::coffeespit:

Archived