It does pay to buy early!

Kerry

Well the yearly discussion always pops up at some point to buy early and save the 50 bucks or buy after we know there is snow.I always buy mine at the end of October and pretty much forget about it till I get a chance to ride which is normally mid january if time is available and we have snow.Anyway i never pay much attention to the draw for buying early and never really expected to get a call either.Well that changed today as I returned a call from the OFSC yesterday to find that I am one of the lucky recipients of a $200 gas card.KOOL!Not only did I save $50 in October but now my sticker purchase of $200 has been offset as well.Thanks to the OFSC and Jean at the office with whom I had a nice chat with.It does pay to buy early!

Kerry

Better delete this post lol. Lots of upset riders out there. Congratulations and don't spend it all in one place. Stay away from the portage lol. I haven't even put 1 km on yet. Oh well saved a ton of bucks on my heating bill. Can't complain at all.

Up to 242 miles now, so now I figure I'm paying less than a buck a mile to ride.

Up to 242 miles now, so now I figure I'm paying less than a buck a mile to ride.

Same with us, at about 260 so far.

Better delete this post lol. Lots of upset riders out there. Congratulations and don't spend it all in one place. Stay away from the portage lol. I haven't even put 1 km on yet. Oh well saved a ton of bucks on my heating bill. Can't complain at all.

How do you not spend it in one place? Its gas last time I asked for $5.00 they broke out an eyedropper .

Way to go :)

Well the yearly discussion always pops up at some point to buy early and save the 50 bucks or buy after we know there is snow.I always buy mine at the end of October and pretty much forget about it till I get a chance to ride which is normally mid january if time is available and we have snow.Anyway i never pay much attention to the draw for buying early and never really expected to get a call either.Well that changed today as I returned a call from the OFSC yesterday to find that I am one of the lucky recipients of a $200 gas card.KOOL!Not only did I save $50 in October but now my sticker purchase of $200 has been offset as well.Thanks to the OFSC and Jean at the office with whom I had a nice chat with.It does pay to buy early!

Kerry

Congratulations!!! Good for you!

Does it pay to buy early??.....dunno anymore! As of todays date I have a measly 140kms on the trail system. A typical season usually gives me 2000 to 3200 kms. If I stay in Ontario next season(hoping for Cold Lake Alberta) I probably will not buy early again as my mileage each year seems to be on a downward spiral as the winters grow weaker.

It's customary to buy us all a round of drinks as the winner of the gas card!

Well done! Enjoy.

Well I'm pleased to be a winner.I can use the gas and free is always good! Of course I would be happiest using it on the trails too.

Kerry

Congratulations!

I've put 2,400km on so far this year, heading to Sudbury tomorrow for hopefully another 350-400km. Trails are great as long as you go north, Cochrane to Wawa are having the best snow they have had in years. Really looking forward to the free Quebec weekend, hopefully I can put on 1,000km there! And RAP tour is all booked for Family day weekend; hopefuly 1,200km on that trip. It is definitely a trailer year.

Get out there and enjoy this great country!

Congrats :D

congratulations on the gas draw!

How do you not spend it in one place? Its gas last time I asked for $5.00 they broke out an eyedropper .

:wtf: Your point? This is what I use all the time to top off my machine. :-D

Does it pay to buy early??.....dunno anymore! As of todays date I have a measly 140kms on the trail system. A typical season usually gives me 2000 to 3200 kms. If I stay in Ontario next season(hoping for Cold Lake Alberta) I probably will not buy early again as my mileage each year seems to be on a downward spiral as the winters grow weaker.

I was thinking the same as I've got less than 100km on this year. But had I have not bought early those 100km would have been on a $250 permit or I wouldn't have put any km yet and I'd be paying $300 a year to insure a sled I'm not using. Which at that point may as well just sell it.

$200 buck and you use it a little, or $250 and you hope for good snow or just don't ride at all.

It's a hard call, but next year I'm thinking I'll buy early again as normal.

Besides I'm still hoping Feburay brings some cold weather and we get a few good weeks of riding. I'll take a week off work if I have to and enjoy the snow.

Thanks guys! I have only 55 miles this year and can only hope to get away maybe once on a day trip but you can bet we"ll make the best of it.Hey Fred by the time I fill the truck and the sled I might have enough for a timmies or 2.Would that work for ya....

Kerry

Plain and simple. If you plan to ride even 1km in Ontario during any given season you save yourself $50 by buying early. As long as I am riding I will always buy early.

My wife and I both have 1000 miles on so far and it's still january. I'm happy with that considering we have a 6 month old at home now. We normally put 5000 miles a year each.

My wife and I both have 1000 miles on so far and it's still january. I'm happy with that considering we have a 6 month old at home now. We normally put 5000 miles a year each.

WOW! Good for you! I thought I was doing OK at 1000 Km!

WOW what do you do with the baby? Strap him into a knapsack? Well done!

Congratulations!

I've put 2,400km on so far this year, heading to Sudbury tomorrow for hopefully another 350-400km. Trails are great as long as you go north, Cochrane to Wawa are having the best snow they have had in years. Really looking forward to the free Quebec weekend, hopefully I can put on 1,000km there! And RAP tour is all booked for Family day weekend; hopefuly 1,200km on that trip. It is definitely a trailer year.

Get out there and enjoy this great country!

I like the great attitude on here really. Most of you are very positive.

First of all congrats on your winning the free gas.

Sure the snow might not be everywhere. But man if you can travel to where it is. Go for it. It is always nice to check out different areas in Ontario.

Dee

Archived