Remember to cover up

SkiDooStu

So last week after helping WB and the boys with some trail work, I ventured back towards the cottage on the Seguin Trail. It was -28C without the windchill and I had forgotten my Modular helmet balaclava attachment.

When I got back to the cottage, my lower right jaw and neck were frozen solid... I managed to thaw it right away and was lucky enough to get away with just superficial frostbite. My skin is peeling off and I'm putting on polysporin to prevent infection.

This took less than 20 minutes to form as I did not have it when I left Wildbill at the service centre. Make sure to cover up when it's cold!!

In other news, I will be up again this weekend Bill. I can help out again, but probably for not as long... Maybe take out some face wackers on a more wife friendly trail (she will be on the back of the sled.)

-Stu

So last week after helping WB and the boys with some trail work, I ventured back towards the cottage on the Seguin Trail. It was -28C without the windchill and I had forgotten my Modular helmet balaclava attachment.

When I got back to the cottage, my lower right jaw and neck were frozen solid... I managed to thaw it right away and was lucky enough to get away with just superficial frostbite. My skin is peeling off and I'm putting on polysporin to prevent infection.

This took less than 20 minutes to form as I did not have it when I left Wildbill at the service centre. Make sure to cover up when it's cold!!

In other news, I will be up again this weekend Bill. I can help out again, but probably for not as long... Maybe take out some face wackers on a more wife friendly trail (she will be on the back of the sled.)

-Stu

I just got out of hospital yesterday from frostbite that night not as lucky as you fairly severe to upper thighs.

I am happy to hear that you are both on the mend.

I just got out of hospital yesterday from frostbite that night not as lucky as you fairly severe to upper thighs.

:shock: Upper Thighs? ! :shock: Hazus Christmas, WB; how many times have you been told to keep your pants on ?? !! Your restraining order does not allow you to be working on any trails close to that School Yard.

Ouch!!

Frost bite is actually bad burning of the skin - the water in skin is frozen by cold temps resulting in the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd degree burn.

Once you're frost bitten, it's there for good. From now on apply Vaseline or some very good skin cream to the frost bitten areas or further damage will occur. The same treatment is good for prevention before you go out as well.

Ouch!!

Frost bite is actually bad burning of the skin - the water in skin is frozen by cold temps resulting in the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd degree burn.

Once you're frost bitten, it's there for good. From now on apply Vaseline or some very good skin cream to the frost bitten areas or further damage will occur. The same treatment is good for prevention before you go out as well.

Please don't talk about cream or vaseline near STG..you never know what is likely to happen! and please remember...Robbie Burns day is coming. The sheep are already in hiding.

mmmmmmm vasoline :holysheep:

Sorry to hear about the frostbite and glad that you're on the path to recovery.

Its evil $hit fb....have a few scars over the years.....

Please don't talk about cream or vaseline near STG..you never know what is likely to happen! and please remember...Robbie Burns day is coming. The sheep are already in hiding.

Hiding or lining up?

Glad to hear your on the mend WB.

Archived