Any snow yet in Parry Sound?

SkiDooStu

Hello. Was thinking about going up to the cottage in a week's time. I know there won't be trails open, but is there even enough snow to just bomb around the property? We are near Orrville. I see about 30cms is in the forecast total this week, but that can change...

We don't even have snow or ice in hailburton yet either. Can't even walk on head lake yet. Big lakes are always three to four weeks behind head. Looking like early feb before the system here is fully open. Was zero today and no real cold in the forecast.

I recall 'first ride' on Groundhog Day one year.

Seguin Trail was my 'get the kinks out' last year, and looks to be where I'll start again this year. Way before Groundhog Day, lol.

I rode December 15 last year. Had my last ride feb 6 when I went to

Mexico

And came back to no snow a week later. All 2 feet melted. Southern Ontario Ian 't known for march riding. Might only get three weeks this year.

I recall 'first ride' on Groundhog Day one year.

Seguin Trail was my 'get the kinks out' last year, and looks to be where I'll start again this year. Way before Groundhog Day, lol.

Most of the riding I got in last year was trailered to. My get the kinks out was in Wasaga last year. They had 6 feet on the ground this time last year. The second trip was the Sequin. Here's hoping we are on the snow before ground hog day. Otherwise out of desperation I will break down and take the 10 hour drive north.

Normally this time of year we are at the cabin for a few days, last few years had limited riding to the Seguin and also a small run to Bill’s shop to hang out for a bit,hopefully I will see you in a couple of weeks Bill.

Did you not do your snow dance this year? :snow-141:

Normally this time of year we are at the cabin for a few days, last few years had limited riding to the Seguin and also a small run to Bill’s shop to hang out for a bit,hopefully I will see you in a couple of weeks Bill.

Did you not do your snow dance this year? :snow-141:

Snowing now finally yes I did the snow dance but nobody listened I even wore my snowmobiling bikini underwear.

i agree with 02sled,out of desperation might have to take the 10hr drive north from here in bobcaygeon and go north !!! last year around here we were riding in the fields on december 9th and we were sledding on the lake december 20th .....and still looks like its going to be a long time before we get on the trails as more mild air comming in by the weekend i guess.....wow :o:icon_rain::?

Bill while we appreciate your doing the snow dance the bikini underwear probably jinxed it

What does the snow stick say?

I was in the Sprucedale area for the weekend. We got about 1" of snow on the 25th which gave us a grand total of 1 1/2" of snow. I took the quad figuring the cottage road wouldn't be passable but drove right there and never unloaded the quad.

I was in the Sprucedale area for the weekend. We got about 1" of snow on the 25th which gave us a grand total of 1 1/2" of snow. I took the quad figuring the cottage road wouldn't be passable but drove right there and never unloaded the quad.

and you didn't stop in???

Archived