Got my new ride finished up

Doonut

I finished her off last night.

Peeled the factory graphics and every other stinking sticker I could. Had a buddy paint the side panels with several coats of mat black . Two coats of black base and two coats of clear with a flattening agent mixed in. Looks like flat black but doesn't smudge every time you touch it.

Wired in a weather proof selector switch for the ethanol resistor, 12Vdc power outlet for my GPS and plug in for a visor cord.

Put on some ROX flexi hand guards. Modifying the mounts is a must with the Pro Taper bars.

Used a modified Garmin marine GPS mount for my 76C

Added a customized Craiggerbuilt QRS rack and "Bag Thingy" for carrying off trail essentials.

Put on a Polaris skid plate.

Studded it with 114 Woody's 1.450 Gold Diggers. Installed Polaris tunnel protectors ( which, for $160 bucks still needed to be modified to fit GRRRRRRR )

Replaced the factory over molded bumper with a Polaris Extreme bumper after sanding and polishing it to a mirror shine.

Might still redo the seat to get ride of the red and white. haven't decided on that yet.

Stuck the reg numbers on this am and its ready for snow.

post-19705-0-96427700-1319589597_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-41460100-1319589731_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-38593800-1319589794_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-72879300-1319589866_thumb.jpg

Looks mean from the front (right photo).

Pair of eyes, and a sinister grin.

Awesome!

looks really mean..bumper looks great...nicely done

Wow ! Looking great PooNut ! Hope I get a chance to see it up close and personal this season.

Where are you staying this winter ?

Thanks folks.

Mousey, we are staying on North street in Ghurts again this winter. Come and do the PET ride this year. It doesn't get any easier to get to than home base does it?

Hey PooNut, Looks good. Surprised to see you on the throne now. :-P

I love the flat black! I am not a fan of goddy graphics and prefer something more sublime. I hate the Blair Morgan graphics..makes some that own them ride them as if they were Blair Morgan. Sheesh.

That is sharp looking! I like the splash of red and white. The only other choice might be a graphite colour??

It is ridiculous that all sleds don't come with at least one if not two 12V plugs, especially for the $$ we pay. Same goes for the visor plug.

Nice work! Looks good!

Hey PooNut, Looks good. Surprised to see you on the throne now. :-P

What????? You got a spy cam in my bathroom??????????? EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

great looking ride Sean ...

The only thing I can see that need to be sorted out is that little cowling clip on the front is flipped the wrong way :lol: Very nice ride!

Awesome looking ride Sean......Enjoy....Looking forward to your ride reports.

looks amazing

If those markings on the sidewalk are for Enbridge gas work, be careful.

They're tearing up the City of Toronto sidewalks under the pretense of 'improvements'.

Actually, if you look closely, all they're doing is taking the 'shut-off' from the basement (or inside the business) and putting it outside. There are two holes for a padlock. Don't pay, shut off.

While that may seem reasonable (and it is), I'm p*ssed that it's being sold as an 'improvement' by local councillors. It's a company trying to reduce it's overhead on collections by tearing up sidewalks ... plain and simple.

(rant over. nice sled :) )

Archived