2011 left over sleds!

Viperules700

How much cheaper should a left over 2011 be compared to a new snow-checked 2012? Just wondering how much I should expect to pay on sleds that aren't moving right now. Depreication doesn't matter, since I keep my sleds 5 years plus. Thanks

2012 could be an interesting year. I am hearing that Yamaha is dropping to bring the pricing more in line with ther present dollar, so a 2011 could be more money even with the programs then the model 12 yr. If that happens I wonder who else will follow suit.

2012 could be an interesting year. I am hearing that Yamaha is dropping to bring the pricing more in line with ther present dollar, so a 2011 could be more money even with the programs then the model 12 yr. If that happens I wonder who else will follow suit.

If true, great move by Yamaha. :right_on:

BRP has already made a gesture in that direction with their 2012 pricing -- seems as though the MSRP on some models dropped (compared to the 2011's) more than others. However, they didn't go far enough, as far as I'm concerned...the gap with U.S. prices is still too large, even allowing for market differences. :headbang:

BRP has already made a gesture in that direction with their 2012 pricing -- seems as though the MSRP on some models dropped (compared to the 2011's) more than others. However, they didn't go far enough, as far as I'm concerned...the gap with U.S. prices is still too large, even allowing for market differences. :headbang:

Agree with you on that one. Makes a whole $50 difference between 2011 and spring order 2012 for the sled I an contemplating. As well, no dealer wants to give a significant discount on a $1040.00 add-on seat - by that I mean they're not going to sell me a machine unless I see dealer cost for this. Nickle and dime you for mirrors -safety items fer Cxxxx sake...and cutting off future purchases of other items such as covers, studding, etc.

There are enough disincentives to continue sledding as it is - short season, OFSC bureaucracy feeding itself, etc.

Saw a couple of Yamaha's while out last week.....my current small Toyota Echo didn't cost as much as they did.

Agree with you on that one. Makes a whole $50 difference between 2011 and spring order 2012 for the sled I an contemplating. As well, no dealer wants to give a significant discount on a $1040.00 add-on seat - by that I mean they're not going to sell me a machine unless I see dealer cost for this. Nickle and dime you for mirrors -safety items fer Cxxxx sake...and cutting off future purchases of other items such as covers, studding, etc.

There are enough disincentives to continue sledding as it is - short season, OFSC bureaucracy feeding itself, etc.

Saw a couple of Yamaha's while out last week.....my current small Toyota Echo didn't cost as much as they did.

The cheapest way to buy BRP accessories in in the USA. It is terrible that this is the case and it is NOT the dealers gouging us, it is BRP's pricing to them that drives this. In the end, BRP doesn't care because they still sell the accessory.

The cheapest way to buy BRP accessories in in the USA. It is terrible that this is the case and it is NOT the dealers gouging us, it is BRP's pricing to them that drives this. In the end, BRP doesn't care because they still sell the accessory.

Said but true

I ordered helmet parts for my modular and bv2s from the usa this year. I have a great dealer in michigian. He is a skidoo dealer. Usually arrives within 5 buisness days, right at my door step. I saved around 50% after everything was said and done, compared to prices at our canadian dealers. I was thinking about getting a sled there too. So sad really.

Thanks faceman for the info. Unless I can get a smoking deal now, I will wait until fall. I need a long track and yamaha has limited options.

Said but true

I ordered helmet parts for my modular and bv2s from the usa this year. I have a great dealer in michigian. He is a skidoo dealer. Usually arrives within 5 buisness days, right at my door step. I saved around 50% after everything was said and done, compared to prices at our canadian dealers. I was thinking about getting a sled there too. So sad really.

Who is the dealer. I want to order a heated shield for my wifes BRP modular.

Archived