STORM WATCH - Southern Ontario

LuvMyViper

Well Well Well.. It's a Colorada Low for us today and tomorrrow.. Post warnings, forecasts observations etc here...

I sure hope this one hits us HARD!!!!

Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo

5:19 AM EST Sunday 20 February 2011

Winter storm watch for

Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo continued

..Snow and blowing snow expected tonight..

A Colorado low is expected to bring an expanding area of snow into Southern Ontario as it tracks towards Northern Ohio tonight. Snow ahead of this low will move into Southwestern Ontario later this afternoon then into remaining regions this evening. Significant amounts of snow are likely with a potential for 15 cm of snow in many areas tonight. The snow may change over to freezing rain and ice pellets for a few hours tonight in locales near Western Lake Erie including the city of Windsor.

Brisk east to northeast winds are also expected to whip up the freshly fallen snow resulting in low visibilities in blowing snow in many areas. Driving conditions are expected to deteriorate quickly beginning this evening and become hazardous due to very low visibility in heavy snow and blowing snow. Freezing rain in the extreme southwest may make untreated surfaces become icy.

The snow and freezing precipitation will move off to the east of the district by Monday morning as the low pressure system races east over Pennsylvania to Southern New England.

Environment Canada is closely monitoring the situation. Warnings will be issued later today as required.

Refer to your local public forecast for further details.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on38

Special Weather Statements for Ontario

* Public Warnings

* Marine Warnings

* Special Weather Statements

WOCN11 CWTO 201026

Special weather statement

Updated by Environment Canada

At 5:26 AM EST Sunday 20 February 2011.

Special weather statement issued for..

City of Toronto

York - Durham

Dufferin - Innisfil

Grey - Bruce

Barrie - Orillia - Midland

Belleville - Quinte - Northumberland

Peterborough - Kawartha Lakes.

Special weather statement ended for..

Windsor - Essex - Chatham-Kent

Sarnia - Lambton

Elgin

London - Middlesex

Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Dunnville - Caledonia - Haldimand

Oxford - Brant

Niagara

City of Hamilton

Halton - Peel

Huron - Perth

Waterloo - Wellington.

..Some snow and blowing snow expected tonight..

---------------------------------------------------------------------

==discussion==

A low pressure system currently over Colorado is forecast to track

east towards the lower Great Lakes and pass by just to the south of

Lake Erie tonight.

An expanding area of snow from this low is expected to reach

Southwestern Ontario later this afternoon then advance quickly

northeast into the regions this evening.

Significant amounts of snow..Possibly reaching 15 centimetres..And

blowing snow are expected along and southwest of a line from

Goderich across Waterloo region to western parts of the greater

Toronto area..A winter storm watch is in effect for these regions

As a result.

The northeastern parts of the greater Toronto area including the

Cities of Toronto..Vaughan..Markham..And Oshawa are going to be very

close to the northeastern edge of the heavier snow associated with

this winter storm. However latest indications suggest that total

snowfall amounts in these areas will be in the 5 to 10 centimetre

Range by Monday morning..With similar amounts possible northwestward

across Orangeville into parts of grey and Bruce counties.

Snowfall amounts will rapidly decrease as one heads north

And east. The snow is expected to get as far north as about an

Orillia to Kingston line before retreating back south into

The United States in the wake of the departing low.

There remains some uncertainty as to the exact track of this

Winter storm and how far north the heavier snow will get.

Environment Canada is closely monitoring this situation and will

issue and adjust watches and warnings as required.

People planning travel in the regions and especially into areas

west of Toronto should expect hazardous winter driving conditions

from snow and blowing snow. Travel plans should be altered

accordingly as a result.

Please refer to your local public forecast for further details.

END/OSPC

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/SWS_bulletins_e.html?prov=on

Storm Snowfall Forecast Map

Feb 19, 2011; 12:44 AM ET

This is my thinking for the snowstorm which will impact parts of Ontario and southern Quebec starting Sunday night and into Monday.

The worst of this storm in terms of accumulations will be from Minnesota to Wisconsin, then the storm will slowly weaken as it tracks just south of the Great Lakes.

Not a big storm for most of eastern Canada, but one that will remind us that winter is not over.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/anderson/story/45967/storm-snowfall-forecast-map.asp

590x350_02190354_stormfeb18a.png

Let it snow... Let it snow. .Let it snow

Here is hoping we get a great storm, but not until after we finish cleaning up in 8 due to downed trees from the last couple of days.

Its a bust here! Weather people let me down...... AGAIN!!!!!

As usual the weatherman has no idea what he is talking about, everytime they make a big deal the storm is a bust.

Take what they say we are going to get divide it in half and subtract 5 cm's thats what we will get, it is usually not to far off, more accurate than what the weatherman predicts thats for sure. Oh well we can always hope.

As usual the weatherman has no idea what he is talking about, everytime they make a big deal the storm is a bust.

Take what they say we are going to get divide it in half and subtract 5 cm's thats what we will get, it is usually not to far off, more accurate than what the weatherman predicts thats for sure. Oh well we can always hope.

That sums it up. With plus 3 again on thursday and possible rain, the rest of the season looks like a bust :-( I haven't rode in march for two straight seasons (three if this one is a bust)

Another bust... All the weather warnings for southern Ontario are in non-trail areas... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

24-Hour Precipitation Outlook

* close to 5 cm of snow from Sunday Overnight to Monday Overnight (for Kitchener from The WeatherNetwork)

snowin again in barrie area...hope it goes all nite...

Another bust for central Ontario. Half an inch in Apsley.

Was a joke my way as well, they where calling for 10-15cm when I went to bed Sunday night, Monday morning was sunny and cold with about 1.0-1.5cm on the ground.

Weather Network fools are showing 20-30cm of snow over the next 5 days for my area.. :coffeespit:

Can it be true?????? :crazy_grn:

Here is hopping :right_on:

Ain't gonna happen, now their calling for more rain on sunday down here......

Ya the big storm for Friday that was to bring 15-20cm gave me maybe 2 or 3cms... And now +5 and 30-40mm of rain for Sunday. If that happens that will be the end of what little we have left open around here. 14 day is no better, one day of cold next week than up to +1 everyday with the over night only dropping to -3 or -4. The Weather Network can't forecast snow, but they hit the nail on the head every time when it comes to warm temps and rain.

I drove up around Wooler and Glen Ross where the Perry Boom trails head to E108 yesterday on my way home from work, and from what I can see from the road they still look to be in good shape. I'm thinking tomorrow, about dropping in the area for what could be the last trip for the season down here. And with me switching to 12hour shifts 4 on 2 off for the next 2 months on Sunday night, the chance of going anywhere else is out of the question.

I hear the fat lady warming up on stage left. :cry2:

Just checked the weather again this morning, not much happening here and it looks even warmer and wetter to the north of us. Looks like the only lube my sleds gonna get is fogging oil!! :banghead:

weather forecasters should all be fired for letting us down after giving us some hope! How can they be wrong so often?

weather forecasters should all be fired for letting us down after giving us some hope! How can they be wrong so often?

Ha ha! Weather people are like politicians, its a given they will screw up!

We got a dusting this morning after the 3/8" we got on Fri' :rolleyes: . 7" on the snow stick in the middle of our backyard, less in the woods.

Got a few inches last night, going to head up to port perry and give it a try today. Could be the last one! :woot::wtf:

Before it rains of course. :angry:

Archived