ROYAL

ToSlow

Ever seen sled races on TV?

Royal's name is everywhere, which means they dump a pile of money in to that type of event.

i'm not bashing royal, but What does royal distributing do for the the sport of snowmobiling other tan sell parts? how do they contribute back?

I believe they are a significant sponsor for the Kelly Shires ride. I could be wrong. They advertise in our publications that come free when you buy your trail permit. Without the ad revenue I doubt these magazines would come your way for free.

i'm not bashing royal, but What does royal distributing do for the the sport of snowmobiling other tan sell parts? how do they contribute back?

I believe they are a significant sponsor for the Kelly Shires ride. I could be wrong. They advertise in our publications that come free when you buy your trail permit. Without the ad revenue I doubt these magazines would come your way for free.

You are correct, 02 ... they are one of the Platinum sponsors for Kelly Shires.

Well, what do you consider giving back? If the owners, assuming there is more than one, all purchased trail permits for themselves and their families, each season, is that giving back? Just wondering where the line is drawn.

what do i consider giving back, well as a company that's geared to a certain industry as royal is. i was wondering if they corporately sponsor certain events which was already posted in this thread. and yes i would think that buying permits would be giving back. like i said, i don't want to get in a pissing match over this. nor did i start this post to bash royal.

Royal rocks !! Does it really matter what they give back - they provide a service to us sledders that is secound to none and help to give us a chocie to purchase cheaper parts rather then the overpriced OEM ones. Doing this keeps the OEM prices at least in some sort of competition state. I've known the owner for 25 + years and he DOES give back and often. My thoughts.

Royal rocks !! Does it really matter what they give back - they provide a service to us sledders that is secound to none and help to give us a chocie to purchase cheaper parts rather then the overpriced OEM ones. Doing this keeps the OEM prices at least in some sort of competition state. I've known the owner for 25 + years and he DOES give back and often. My thoughts.

I'm still waiting for you guys to tell us what they give back. Advertising in a mag is not giving back. Its for their benefit-not ours. The only thing I've seen Royal do is take your money.

I'm still waiting for you guys to tell us what they give back. Advertising in a mag is not giving back. Its for their benefit-not ours. The only thing I've seen Royal do is take your money.

Apparently you didn't read this whole thread...see maple's reply above regarding Royal's platinum (big $$$) support for the Kelly Shires cause.

Apparently you didn't read this whole thread...see maple's reply above regarding Royal's platinum (big $$$) support for the Kelly Shires cause.

Do they actually write a cheque or do they give a bunch of left over stuff from the store?

royal has for years provided a one stop shop for sledders both permit buyers and not access to quality parts and free advice. they are also very active in the racing circuit and as we all know winning race sleds become next years stock

Bash what royal does and well you are probably in comp with the brand

personally if i need a new brain bucket or a full set of wheels for the skid frame I am gonna go royal

who cares, they are in business to make money not subsidize the sport of snowmobiling. Everybody should be happy there is such a superstore with tons of selection and stock.

[who cares, they are in business to make money not subsidize the sport of snowmobiling. Everybody should be happy there is such a superstore with tons of selection and stock.

My thought Exactly, if they sponsor an event with a cash donation or product what does it matter. They provide a good service for which we pay for, nothing more nothing less.

royal has for years provided a one stop shop for sledders both permit buyers and not access to quality parts and free advice. they are also very active in the racing circuit and as we all know winning race sleds become next years stock

Bash what royal does and well you are probably in comp with the brand

personally if i need a new brain bucket or a full set of wheels for the skid frame I am gonna go royal

Just commenting on the guys that say they give to organized snowmobiling. Haven't seen where they give any thing yet. And no I'm not in competition with them. Just a snowmobiler wanting to see companys like this give back- not just take, as is the case with Royal.

have you been to either of the sled shows held each yer near the toronto area

royal has pretty much footed the bill

try to buy a set of fx boots anywhere else for less than 250

better yet a 136 inch rip saw for less than 500

without royal many of us would not be able to afford to ride and simply the fact that they are a major sponsor of the kelly ride is more than enough for me

Ok so I'll ask it, what did Royal do to piss you off?

Because it sounds like you have a beef to pick and looking for some one to back you up?

Ok so I'll ask it, what did Royal do to piss you off?

Because it sounds like you have a beef to pick and looking for some one to back you up?

They didn't do a thing to me. In fact I have bought from them a couple of times. All I'm saying is that the sun doesn't rise and set on Royal. They are just looking out for themselves.

I might be missing something but was was the question even asked?.....

My son mowed lawns all summer and used some of his earnings to pay for some sled parts at Royal. (hy fax,carbides Fx Sno suit) After he handed the clerk his cash, bells went off and he won his purchase.

To you or maybe the next person may say no big deal,but to an 12 yo thats friggin huge.

Like to see a dealer do that.

Oh and p.s. great site!

Glad I found it

Royal give sledders an affordable substitute for parts compared to dealers. The prices for tracks alone are a close competition with the price in the US, that is a big deal almost half the price from a dealer. They are a business not  a charity, they dont have to give anything back to the snowmobiling community.

My son mowed lawns all summer and used some of his earnings to pay for some sled parts at Royal. (hy fax,carbides Fx Sno suit) After he handed the clerk his cash, bells went off and he won his purchase.

To you or maybe the next person may say no big deal,but to an 12 yo thats friggin huge.

Oh and p.s. great site!

Glad I found it

Welcome to the forum and congrats to your son!

Oh and p.s. great site!

Glad I found it

welcome to the forum.

Do they actually write a cheque or do they give a bunch of left over stuff from the store?

They actually write a check and donate product (and not 'left over stuff from the store'). The owner's wife is also on the Board of Directors of the Kelly Shires Foundation.

I might be missing something but was was the question even asked?.....

i don't have a hidden agenda if that is what you think. i just asked a simple question, so this can be the problem why you might be missing something :right_on:

Royal Distributing is a supporter of my club (with a cash donation). They help us to keep the doors open (along with several other businesses) and its much appreciated.

http://www.stclementssnowmobileclub.com/

On a personal level, they are open on Sundays, which I have been thankful for more than once. And on several occasions they have had product on the shelf that my dealer would have to order in.

Archived