OCR4K vs PET SRoH Why?

scrummage

Why are two such worthy causes competeing for the same target group on the same day in essentially the same geographic area? I would have liked to have participated in both events. Is it always the same day or is this year an anomally? :wtf:

For the past 4 years the OCR4K has always been 2 weeks AFTER the main Kelly Shires Snow Run - our weekend has not changed. It is unfortunate that there is a conflict :unsure:

For the past 4 years the OCR4K has always been 2 weeks AFTER the main Kelly Shires Snow Run - our weekend has not changed. It is unfortunate that there is a conflict :unsure:

and for the past _______ years, the PET ride has always been on Family Day Weekend.

This year it turns out that Family Day Weekend is 2 weeks after the main Kelly Shires Snow Run and, unfortunately, that is going to conflict with PET's traditional weekend.

and for the past _______ years, the PET ride has always been on Family Day Weekend.

This year it turns out that Family Day Weekend is 2 weeks after the main Kelly Shires Snow Run and, unfortunately, that is going to conflict with PET's traditional weekend.

Maybe we could PET the Kelly SHires girls? :whatever:

Ummm, Ill go back into my hole now! :-P

What ? I can't ear you :rolleyes:

Just to clear up the misunderstanding, we had checked the date that was originally communicated for the PET ride - that date was February 12th. When we saw that, we figured we were safe to schedule our ride for February 19th, which is two weeks after the main Kelly Shires ride. Since the inception of the OC Ride for Kelly, it has always been two weeks after the main ride. Subsequently, it was realized that the Family Day weekend was on February 19th so the PET ride was changed to that date. Viper did get in touch with me and let me know what his plan was, but by that time we had already made our arrangements for February 19th.

One of the reasons we have the ride two weeks after the main Kelly Shires ride is because we both have and/or will participate in the main ride. We take that opportunity to talk about our ride and raise more awareness so the two week buffer works great.

As an FYI, 2011 will be the third year for the Family Day Weekend here in Ontario.

It is very unfortunate that the two rides ended up conflicting this year. This was not intentional by any means.

What ? I can't ear you :rolleyes:

I still like my solution! :coffeenose:

As Maple said it was initially my fault with the date screw up, I was given the wrong date back in the summer and for a while I had that date posted on our website. :headbang:

FYI the date in the MSR map is incorrect as well, also my fault NOT theirs :banghead:

I can assure you there is no competition what so ever between the Charities, in fact we help cross promote each other as much as possbile.

I am in contact with Maple (OC Ride) and Suzy Q (Main Ride) on a regular basis just so folks don't think that we do not talk because we actually do :right_on:

Sorry for the confusion but the blame lays solely with me..

Both groups are good folks doing thier best to kill cancer and the suffering that goes with it.

From time to time calenders collide and shmidt happens. I know for a fact that niether of these causes would ever do anything to injure the other. This year unfortunatly you have to choose which to attend however your support is important either way.

We are proud to support both causes and will continue to

Keep in mind that these organizers are both human and volunteers. I would like to thank them all for thier efforts.

One option is to attend one of them and make a donation to the other. Win Win!

OK.. I blame you 100%!!!!!

Awe gee thanks buddy :coffeespit:

OK.. I blame you 100%!!!!!

If it was a perfect world we wouldn't have to have anyone take any blame... but damn it would be boring.

Archived